Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

harties

Hi Harties, thank you for getting back to me. I don't quite comprehend this but I will try to assist as far as my understanding. Are you referring to the build in WiFi on your laptop vs a WiFi adaptor?

I have a mikrotik and tp-link wifi router supplied from Afrihost. I'm assuming the mikrotik router handles the access connection. It seems the Mikrotik has wifi bult-in, i would like to access the router to disable the wifi so it doesnt interfere with the tp-link wifi. I'm having difficulty on finding a way to do this.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Hi Harties, I can run a google search to find default logins so you can disable this but to ensure that we get the right instructions can you tell me what model the Mikrotik router is?

blunt

Expert Member
I have a mikrotik and tp-link wifi router supplied from Afrihost. I'm assuming the mikrotik router handles the access connection. It seems the Mikrotik has wifi bult-in, i would like to access the router to disable the wifi so it doesnt interfere with the tp-link wifi. I'm having difficulty on finding a way to do this.
sounds more like the Mikrotik would be from your FNO, I'm not aware of AH offering Mikrotiks

froot

Honorary Master
@AfriGuy, @Afrihost-Gian
Hi Afripeeps
Please can you check and respond to my ticket? I will pm you my ticket number. I raised the ticket on the 25th of May and I’ve yet to receive anything more than an empty promise.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
If the device is from the provider then, it's not able to be logged into, unfortunately.

KinsZA

Expert Member
@AfriGuy
When would be the best time to sign up in a openserve migration ?
I am currently between ISP's and looking around however CellC who I've cancelled with bills in arrears so I get billed at the end of the month but get no service next month.
I dont want to experience downtime but at the same time dont want to pay the majority portion of a month with a new isp while still having service either.

So I need to look at how to go about the various options.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
@AfriGuy
When would be the best time to sign up in a openserve migration ?
I am currently between ISP's and looking around however CellC who I've cancelled with bills in arrears so I get billed at the end of the month but get no service next month.
I dont want to experience downtime but at the same time dont want to pay the majority portion of a month with a new isp while still having service either.

So I need to look at how to go about the various options.
There isn't way to have no downtime. Your line needs to be free (cancelled) to be migrated.

Eduntouchable

Please share some links to help optimise this router, it really is giving me a hard time
Goto the Dlink forums. I just googled issues with the router and it came up with some options. What issues you having? I was having the odd packet loss on a ping test. Tried everything to optimise. I now bought a Tenda AC10 router, and it is much better and no packet loss now. But I do think I have interference in the house which is affecting my WiFI. Still stuggling with issues. I have exhausted all avenues. It is really for voice calls on teams which is causing issues. General downloading and browsing I have no issues - guess you don't see the drop is speed like on a voice call. I think I will have to go to LAN cable connections now rather than Wifi

shakes1

Expert Member
Goto the Dlink forums. I just googled issues with the router and it came up with some options. What issues you having? I was having the odd packet loss on a ping test. Tried everything to optimise. I now bought a Tenda AC10 router, and it is much better and no packet loss now. But I do think I have interference in the house which is affecting my WiFI. Still stuggling with issues. I have exhausted all avenues. It is really for voice calls on teams which is causing issues. General downloading and browsing I have no issues - guess you don't see the drop is speed like on a voice call. I think I will have to go to LAN cable connections now rather than Wifi
Was also having packet loss and significantly poor WiFi speeds and WiFi signal strength. Gave up, changed the router to a much older model and is working perfectly now. Couldn't get Afrihost to even acknowledge problems with the router.

froot

Honorary Master
Two weeks is a very long time. What happened?
It's now sitting on 2 and a half weeks.

My router died (inside of warranty, otherwise I would have bought a new one).
My experience with this ticket is that Afrihost is unfortunately not very keen on assisting.
I have been getting either "we'll get back to you" or no reply whatsoever.
Hopefully it gets resolved today, otherwise I will be looking for a new provider.

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
Hi @AfriGuy , can you please take a look at the following.

This screenshot is from my connection with you guys. 100meg on Frogfoot. Trace to Diablo 3 servers in the EU.
image (002).png

And then this is the same thing from work on a Vodacom connection.
Capture.PNG

Hopefully you can explain the 100ms+ difference because support isn't even getting back to me. This wasn't always the case but has been this high since SAT3/WACS went offline in February or so.

waynehooper

@AfriGuy please check the PM I sent you. I was provisioned for 100/100 instead of 200/100 - what I received from the SADV contact is in the message.