Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

ProfSantosh

I'm not sure how good pure fibre is but my experience so far has not been good

I pre-ordered Fibre from Afrihost in June, was sent the router and billed in August, was wired with the ONT on 20 September awaiting for Fibre to go live on the 30th of September but until this date, my Fibre line is not working.

I phone Afrihost multiple times and got told various reasons why its not working from having to wait 48 hours to there's an issue with the cable to they awaiting for frogfoot. I called again today and was told I need to wait 48 hours (i.e. until 1pm on Saturday) due to admin issues. Let hope this is my last wait or my stay with Afrihost Pure Fibre will be a short one.

@AfriGuy @AfriNatic

Over 48 hours and still nothing… Afrihost and Frogfoot are really disappointing to deal with.

I have neighbors and friends from the area that ordered way after me and from ordering to being live took only a week through Home-Connect.

@AfriNatic
@Frogfoot Fibre
@AfriGuy
@Afrihost-Gian

[mention]AfriNatic [/mention]
[mention]Frogfoot Fibre [/mention]
[mention]AfriGuy [/mention]
[mention]Afrihost-Gian [/mention]

Last edited:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Over 48 hours and still nothing… Afrihost and Frogfoot are really disappointing to deal with.

I have neighbors and friends from the area that ordered way after me and from ordering to being live took only a week through Home-Connect.

@AfriNatic
@Frogfoot Fibre
@AfriGuy
@Afrihost-Gian

[mention]AfriNatic [/mention]
[mention]Frogfoot Fibre [/mention]
[mention]AfriGuy [/mention]
[mention]Afrihost-Gian [/mention]

Hi,

There is an issue with the install and the order status currently is on Home Drop Issues. In cases like these a different maintenance team gets the fault and attends to the issues which is likely related to low or no optic levels.

If an install goes exactly as planned with no unforeseen issues that like the ones your install is facing the install and activation happenes relatively quickly. Frogfoot would not give Home-Connect order priority over Afrihost orders it's just an unfortunate issue that happened with your install.

I have escalated the matter again to Frogfoot for urgent attention and once I receive feedback I will revert back with feedback.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I just did speedtest with my PC directly connected to the ONT, I have a 2.5GBe LAN on my PC but I still only get the following speeds on my 1Gbps connection :
1634480307354.png
So I know the router is not the issue. @AfriNatic can you check from your side why the speed is not a full gigabit?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I just did speedtest with my PC directly connected to the ONT, I have a 2.5GBe LAN on my PC but I still only get the following speeds on my 1Gbps connection :
View attachment 1168948
So I know the router is not the issue. @AfriNatic can you check from your side why the speed is not a full gigabit?

Hi,

Yes I can log it for you.

Please pm me a screenshot of the speed from the adapter on the pc/laptop used. Please do 3 x speedtest on the speedtest.net app to 3 different speedtest servers showing the cpu usage of the desktop/laptop while doing the speedtest.

Once you send those through I will log it for you with the provider.

ProfSantosh

Hi,

There is an issue with the install and the order status currently is on Home Drop Issues. In cases like these a different maintenance team gets the fault and attends to the issues which is likely related to low or no optic levels.

If an install goes exactly as planned with no unforeseen issues that like the ones your install is facing the install and activation happenes relatively quickly. Frogfoot would not give Home-Connect order priority over Afrihost orders it's just an unfortunate issue that happened with your install.

I have escalated the matter again to Frogfoot for urgent attention and once I receive feedback I will revert back with feedback.
Thanks for the update,... I guess I just have to wait for the Frogfoot team to come out next week to see how it goes from there.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thanks for the update,... I guess I just have to wait for the Frogfoot team to come out next week to see how it goes from there.

I will let you know as soon as I get feed. Hopeful for some feedback from Frogfoot today on the what the issues are with the installation and a possible ETA on a fix.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi,

There is a google peering issue but our links look stable. We have reported to Google Noc.