Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in East London having Vumatel issues - in Beacon Bay been having issues with speed and packet loss since just after 3pm.

On 1000/200 line
Ping: 17ms
Download: 14.84Mbps
Upload: 199.33Mbps
Packet loss seems to have been resolved but speeds not great for a 1000/200 line.
Ping: 15ms
Download: 152.27Mbps
Upload: 215.97Mbps
Screenshot 2022-02-06 091838.jpg
 
Hi,

Have you tried connecting to the ONT directly and using the speedtest app to see if the speeds are still slow?
They seem to have resolved the issues. Problems started when the latency dropped to 15ms yesterday.

At about 11.20am the latency jumped, and then dropped to the usual 18-20ms. Speeds are back to normal now as well.

Vuma must have been working on some issues in the area.

Screenshot 2022-02-06 114044.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-06 114024.jpg
 
They seem to have resolved the issues. Problems started when the latency dropped to 15ms yesterday.

At about 11.20am the latency jumped, and then dropped to the usual 18-20ms. Speeds are back to normal now as well.

Vuma must have been working on some issues in the area.

View attachment 1239234View attachment 1239236

I didn't see a notice but could be NLD related.
 
What is the meaning of the + in some of your packages? On octotel the 50/50 package is 50mbps+ the same for openserve 25/25 being 25mbps+?
 

Attachments

  • Test20220208_073145.jpg
    Test20220208_073145.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Test20220208_073125.jpg
    Test20220208_073125.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 28
  • Test20220208_073111.jpg
    Test20220208_073111.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Test20220208_073039.jpg
    Test20220208_073039.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 31
  • one.one.one.one.png
    one.one.one.one.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 30
Random question, what happens to a "B line" if it's cancelled and not used again for a couple of months? Do I keep the inactive B number, or do I have to do a new activation in future with a new B number if I get fibre again?

E.g. is it like the old days when you keep the telephone number even without ADSL?
 
Random question, what happens to a "B line" if it's cancelled and not used again for a couple of months? Do I keep the inactive B number, or do I have to do a new activation in future with a new B number if I get fibre again?

E.g. is it like the old days when you keep the telephone number even without ADSL?

Hi,

There isn't a cancel of a line with Openserve. ISP's release ownership and that B number then moves to the Openserve holding pool where no one owns it. It stays active in the holding pool at the previous speed for 12 days after that it's suspended for 2 days and then it's ceased and completely cancelled.

If you want to signup in say a couple of months again that B number is already ceased and can not be used again so a new one needs to be generated. The ISP will place a provide order which is basically a new install but an Openserve tech will just activate the new B number on the existing installation.
 
Hi,

There isn't a cancel of a line with Openserve. ISP's release ownership and that B number then moves to the Openserve holding pool where no one owns it. It stays active in the holding pool at the previous speed for 12 days after that it's suspended for 2 days and then it's ceased and completely cancelled.

If you want to signup in say a couple of months again that B number is already ceased and can not be used again so a new one needs to be generated. The ISP will place a provide order which is basically a new install but an Openserve tech will just activate the new B number on the existing installation.
And it's a painless exercise :) I went Openserve - Frogfoot - Openserve and the reactivation was quick.. thanks to @AfriNatic
 
Btw, @AfriNatic , I'm probably cancelling that backup FF line within the next week or so. Work has supplied me with a 60GB Telkom data package, which I'll use as backup instead. Just waiting for delivery and then run some tests
Then again, that OS line is so stable.. I don't see myself on LTE too often :D
 
Anyone else's Cloudflare routing through JHB instead of CPT? Both OS/Octotel. Looks like it started in the evening. 1644347596104.png1644347535948.png

EDIT: back to CPT
 
Last edited:
I noticed my speed has been halved,i want to know what is actually going on.I getting alot of buffering and the speed reduction.Afrihost did not let me know they going to do this.As far as i know i am paying for a 20 meg line not a 10 meg line.
 
I noticed my speed has been halved,i want to know what is actually going on.I getting alot of buffering and the speed reduction.Afrihost did not let me know they going to do this.As far as i know i am paying for a 20 meg line not a 10 meg line.

Morning,

Do you have a speedtest result to share? Can you also pm me your email address so I can have a look at the line to investigate the issue?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X