Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Groggyme

Agreed... Considering I paid around ±R1120 a year ago for a 100mbps line and then they dropped it to R917, the R30 difference won't be noticable.

The fact that ISP's usually can bring prices down (at least per MBPS) wasn't because companies are being "nice", but rather that technological advancements allowed them to provide more speed at same price without damaging their margins.
Meh, a 50 bucks increase is pretty understandable.
In the past few years we've had double speeds, packages came down in price, and i've had zero issues whatsoever. Friends with the "cheaper" providers experience tons of buffering, slow speeds and crappy service.
I'm happy to pay the increase.
Yeah cool nice for you but Im on FF in the Eastern Cape where its a nightmare. Would be fine with the increase if it meant my net was stable and didn't drop or was unstable. Would rather deal with this if it was cheaper.

Thanks Afrihost but Im out on Monday.

charlieharper

Expert Member
Yeah cool nice for you but Im on FF in the Eastern Cape where its a nightmare. Would be fine with the increase if it meant my net was stable and didn't drop or was unstable. Would rather deal with this if it was cheaper.

Thanks Afrihost but Im out on Monday.

Yea sorry mate. Only heard bad things about FF in PE.

Any feedback from them?

Groggyme

Yea sorry mate. Only heard bad things about FF in PE.

Any feedback from them?
Yeah not much. These micro outages really mess with my work from home strategy. These small drops kick me off my work VPN so its really crap. Here is one example from last week the difference between FF and Openserve on the same ISP in the same place.

El Presidente

Expert Member
Yeah not much. These micro outages really mess with my work from home strategy. These small drops kick me off my work VPN so its really crap. Here is one example from last week the difference between FF and Openserve on the same ISP in the same place.

I take it you don't have OS coverage yet?

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Does anyone else have a failed payment notification from Afrihost when using their FNB credit card today?

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Morning,

I don't see a general issue. Is the card not switched off for online payments perhaps?

Nope, nothing obvious. I selected the "Resubmit" option and it "seems" to have worked although nothing is showing on my CC yet. I did create a ticket GEU-759-39778 asking for more information on the error for future reference.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Nope, nothing obvious. I selected the "Resubmit" option and it "seems" to have worked although nothing is showing on my CC yet. I did create a ticket GEU-759-39778 asking for more information on the error for future reference.

I will drop you a pm now.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Morning All,

Unfortunately our WhatsApp support is still down. Dev is working with WhatsApp on a solution.

In the mean time WhatsApp agents have moved to the support ticket queue.

Please send all support queries to support@afrihost.com if you need assistance with anything.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi All,

We are investigating an outage on Openserve JHB and surrounding areas.

We are experiencing extremely high support requested via calls and emails and are working to get to everyone asap.

Screenshot 2022-02-03 105421.png

Bucks_Fizz

Hi. Did Vuma just die in Wilro Park, Roodepoort? LOB light flashing red on the ONT...

waynehooper

Anyone in East London having Vumatel issues - in Beacon Bay been having issues with speed and packet loss since just after 3pm.

On 1000/200 line
Ping: 17ms
Download: 14.84Mbps
Upload: 199.33Mbps
Screenshot 2022-02-05 165753.jpg

xbxbau5

Anyone in East London having Vumatel issues - in Beacon Bay been having issues with speed and packet loss since just after 3pm.

On 1000/200 line
Ping: 17ms
Download: 14.84Mbps
Upload: 199.33Mbps
View attachment 1238924
Issues Greenfields side on Vuma, getting 5mb DL on 200mb, UL is perfect. High Packet loss as well. Neighbours having similar issues