Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

wingnut771

Executive Member
Thanks might have to look for something else not running Windows at all just Mac and unfortunately they don't offer a Mac version of Acrylic. The other router thing might be a very strong possibility as our old Router is still on and active at the moment. Will test that out soon and see if it sorts anything out
it could be the neighbour even, try switching new router off and on again after 5pm when you having issues, hopefully it selects a different channel.

NickHunt7

it could be the neighbour even, try switching new router off and on again after 5pm when you having issues, hopefully it selects a different channel.
Will do. Yeah I’m definitely going to check around 5pm again and see what happens. Have turned the older router off for the day and honestly the speed is already better than a normal day in the room I’m in so here’s to hoping it all works out. Appreciate the help

moms

Will do. Yeah I’m definitely going to check around 5pm again and see what happens. Have turned the older router off for the day and honestly the speed is already better than a normal day in the room I’m in so here’s to hoping it all works out. Appreciate the help
I know this might be hetic but try changing your wifi password, like wingnut771 said that it could be your neighbour maybe he hacked you, that's the fastest way and also set your wifi password to WPA2/psk

NickHunt7

I know this might be hetic but try changing your wifi password, like wingnut771 said that it could be your neighbour maybe he hacked you, that's the fastest way and also set your wifi password to WPA2/psk
Already on WPA2 at the moment. If the problem persists I can try changing the WiFi password but I’ll only know later today if it happens again at the exact same time. Definitely a possibility though

moms

Already on WPA2 at the moment. If the problem persists I can try changing the WiFi password but I’ll only know later today if it happens again at the exact same time. Definitely a possibility though
Sounds like a device thats on your network that's doing torrents after 5pm. But that fing app that I said will help you as it is quiet in depth and it picks up rogue devices on your network.

NickHunt7

Sounds like a device thats on your network that's doing torrents after 5pm. But that fing app that I said will help you as it is quiet in depth and it picks up rogue devices on your network.
Yeah it’s definitely something specific going to check that app out in a little bit and then will run a test if it happens again vs what it looks like normally during the day

wingnut771

Executive Member
they normally do a scan when you switch them on, so do them one at a time.

WarrieP

Some feedback on my Chromecast dongle casting quality/buffering issue.

Connected the dongle with ethernet and it ran smoothly again, so definitely an issue with the wifi connection via the supplied D-Link router and not the internet service itself. Will do further testing and report back.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep

Connected the dongle with ethernet and it ran smoothly again, so definitely an issue with the wifi connection via the supplied D-Link router and not the internet service itself. Will do further testing and report back.
Ok cool. Have you tried changing the wifi channel?

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Mmm my traffic (100 Pure) seems to be throttled/managed today.

I thought Pure was not throttled/managed? Currently getting slower than dialup.

Thanks.
Pure fibre is definitely not throttled. Is your connection better today?

moms

What Speeds do you have?

shakes1

Expert Member

Complaining about the same thing but Afrihost does not want to change the router to a different model. Have made several attempts at convincing their support that it is an issue, but to no avail.