Afrihost, stop spamming me!!!

rakabos3

Executive Member
We're happy to engage with you here or via ISPA, it will amount to the same thing. Not sure if you've been through the ISPA process, but 99.99% of them are resolved because ISPA requires that both the complainant and the ISPA make an effort to resolve the issue together. Hence I've said, if you're happy to PM me, we can resolve this now rather than later :)
I will do it the way that its on the record. I asked nicely a few times and it was ignored ;)

Anthro

Expert Member
Which part of it doesnt work did u not understand. Cant read either?
A forumite was banned from these waters not too long ago because he took them on for not being able to unsub sucessfully.
He won the case as well and Afrihost had to pay a fine ..I've unsubbed numerous times, still get the email(s).
They should have fixed this when they got fined IMO, so the are aware of the "broken link"
Time to take it to authorities it seems.
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

Last edited:

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
I will do it the way that its on the record. I asked nicely a few times and it was ignored ;)
We'll definitely contact you as per the process, and follow the same steps I'm suggesting here. In fact, it will most likely be resolved by the same person.

It's really your choice, but I'd be very happy to assist if you were to PM. It wouldn't prejudice your ISPA complaint in any way to try and resolve the issue - in fact, it would probably strengthen your case if we don't address it.

Totally your choice :)

rakabos3

Executive Member
We'll definitely contact you as per the process, and follow the same steps I'm suggesting here. In fact, it will most likely be resolved by the same person.

It's really your choice, but I'd be very happy to assist if you were to PM. It wouldn't prejudice your ISPA complaint in any way to try and resolve the issue - in fact, it would probably strengthen your case if we don't address it.

Totally your choice :)
I PM'd one of your reps yesterday morning, perhaps you bunch should have a huddle

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
A forumite was banned from these waters not too long ago because he took them on for not being able to unsub sucessfully.
He won the case as well and Afrihost had to pay a fine ..I've unsubbed numerous times, still get the email(s).
Time to take it to authorities it seems.
View attachment 467661
We definitely don't want to be emailing anyone who doesn't want to receive them, that's not our intention at all.

Please PM me so that we can investigate and that will ensure that you only get the emails from us that you want (if any).

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
I PM'd one of your reps yesterday morning, perhaps you bunch should have a huddle
We're not all on duty at the same time, so it can be tough to co-ordinate with the number of clients we deal with on a daily.

I did get an account which I wanted to verify was yours. If that's the correct one, the option to receive mails is ticked. Have you ever used the "never mail me" option in the ClientZone (which is still active)?

rakabos3

Executive Member
We're not all on duty at the same time, so it can be tough to co-ordinate with the number of clients we deal with on a daily.

I did get an account which I wanted to verify was yours. If that's the correct one, the option to receive mails is ticked. Have you ever used the "never mail me" option in the ClientZone (which is still active)?
I love how this is becoming my fault. Keep digging, want a shovel?

Looney

Expert Member
As much as I hate getting spammed by Afrihost, I have chosen to ignore them. They clearly suck and have no intention of ever fixing their unsubscribe option so instead of getting angry and throwing a hissy fit, I just delete their SMS’s and filter out their emails. Just another reason I won’t ever use them. They only have themselves to blame for destroying their reputation.

AfriGenie

Afrihost representative
As much as I hate getting spammed by Afrihost, I have chosen to ignore them. They clearly suck and have no intention of ever fixing their unsubscribe option so instead of getting angry and throwing a hissy fit, I just delete their SMS’s and filter out their emails. Just another reason I won’t ever use them. They only have themselves to blame for destroying their reputation.
The unsubscribe option in the ClientZone or on the mail itself should definitely be working. :( If you definitely don't want to receive any further communication from us, please PM me your account details.

Trompie67

Expert Member
Simple solution.

Block them server side. I've not received anything since adding them to the blacklist. :)

Anthro

Expert Member
Untitled.png
As the above is an approach for the purpose of direct marketing which relies upon personal information which I did not provide to you, your message constitutes an unsolicited communication in terms of section 45 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (Act 25 of 2002)(ECTA), as read with section 11 of the Consumer Protection Act (Act 68 of 2008)(CPA) or alternatively, as the case may be, Section 69 of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act 4 of 2013)(POPIA)

In terms of the acts listed above, this message serves as a notification that I do not wish to receive any further communications from you or your agents. Kindly confirm that you will discontinue all future communication in this regard.

Please note that a failure to comply with this request constitutes a criminal offense in terms of section 45 of the ECTA and that the continued receipt of unsolicited communications may lead to prosecution.

Additionally, I hereby request that you immediately disclose where you obtained my contact details, as per section 45(1) of the ECTA and/or section 22(1) of the POPIA. Failure to respond to this request may also constitute a criminal offense.

--
You are now being reported and blocked as SPAM.
capture_bl.PNG

I've asked too many times to count.
Even confirmed by your Team that I am no longer going to receive said eMails.

Last edited: