Afrihost unbale to resolve DSL users DNS resolve issue

BossertGF

On Axxess Dsl cant access this website.

Obvouisly due to Afrihost and axxess sharing resources this is on there side.

AdslExpert

Tried to access extremelights.co.za, can't do it when I'm connected to through an Afrihost DSL. Afrihost, please advise?

Thor

Honorary Master
Afrihosts mails was off the entire morning yet their support flat out denied it.

This turned into a scummy company.

Moved my remaining mail to a new host.

To think I was about to give then another chance after all the lies during the afrihost saga to which Gian still has not publically acknowledge despite the countless evidence and phone recordings of outright lies.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
OP for future reference you can test against a different DNS server without changing anything else.

nslookup website DNS-server

nslookup light.co.za 8.8.8.8

Sanemoon

Just an end user. Internet Solution Afrihost Axxess all connected in some way.
Not really. Axxess use the Afrihost network but IS don't even interconnect with Afrihost from what I know. Their backbone network are completely separate and operate very differently from each other.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Tried to access extremelights.co.za, can't do it when I'm connected to through an Afrihost DSL. Afrihost, please advise?
Just tried and I can't access it. I'm on Afrihost atm.

Afrihosts mails was off the entire morning yet their support flat out denied it.

This turned into a scummy company.

Moved my remaining mail to a new host.

To think I was about to give then another chance after all the lies during the afrihost saga to which Gian still has not publically acknowledge despite the countless evidence and phone recordings of outright lies.
This is why we need Crystal Web to publish a snazzy client portal, lower their pricing a bit, offer rollover, hosting etc. They need the small stuff that pulls people in if they're going to grow into the biggest ISP and save unsuspecting consumers from themselves.

Pretty much everyone I know on Afrihost doesn't want to leave because of some combination of them liking the Clientzone, not wanting to lose Simfy access, free mobile data, web hosting with the same ISP, line hosted with the same ISP etc. Afrihost are good at creating switching costs for their customers.

Thor

Honorary Master
Very true, the client zone is really neat, but no match to domains anymore now that I use both daily

BossertGF

wow still cant access its bad.

Op i suggest maybe setting up a dns redirect until this has been resolved.

Xaze

Hi everyone. It seems to be resolved on my side. Just got an email from Afrihost - Critical Care.

If others can please confirm

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Hi everyone. It seems to be resolved on my side. Just got an email from Afrihost - Critical Care.

If others can please confirm
That's really awesome news :)
Lookups look good for me, all sorted for you too?