Anyone using Wechat?

lotus123

My son is required to get registered on Wechat for his work as an online English tutor for a Chinese company, but it seems like it's nearly impossible to do this.

He got to a point in the process where it rejected his application (reason remains unclear but may be linked to geography) and it then said that he needs to contact Wechat support or get a local (South African) user to verify him. Wechat support appears to be non-existent.

Can anyone here assist us?

JC Heat

I am not sure why this would happen. I had wechat a while ago and never experienced this issue. Perhaps uninstall and reinstall it. Try installing it on another device (using your number for instance?) and see if you have the same problem?

tentpeg

My son is required to get registered on Wechat for his work as an online English tutor for a Chinese company, but it seems like it's nearly impossible to do this.

He got to a point in the process where it rejected his application (reason remains unclear but may be linked to geography) and it then said that he needs to contact Wechat support or get a local (South African) user to verify him. Wechat support appears to be non-existent.

Can anyone here assist us?
Did you ever resolve this? I am having difficulties registering as well. I get to the point where another user verified me, then I have to send a code by SMS to a S.A. number. That SMS can’t go through. Ever.

Norrad

Did you ever resolve this? I am having difficulties registering as well. I get to the point where another user verified me, then I have to send a code by SMS to a S.A. number. That SMS can’t go through. Ever.
You need to contact WeChat SA directly. Try sending them a message on their Facebook page.
Apparently international verification is broken and only Chinese accounts can be used to verify new accounts.

xefor

My experience has been even when you jump through all the hoops. In a few days the problem seems to come back with having to verify. It seems that WeChat is currently only working for chinese numbers only....

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
You need to contact WeChat SA directly. Try sending them a message on their Facebook page.
Apparently international verification is broken and only Chinese accounts can be used to verify new accounts.
I gave up on this. I don’t have a FB account so I also couldn’t register that way. Logged a ticket 2 weeks still no response so I gave up.

Markd

how weird. Naspers had a dedicated WeChat team in the centre of Cape Town a few years ago. I wonder wth happened there...

tentpeg

Thanks. I did. They said it will take about a week due to backlog.

tentpeg

how weird. Naspers had a dedicated WeChat team in the centre of Cape Town a few years ago. I wonder wth happened there...
There is a dedicated WeChat PAY team in SA, (operated by Standard Bank) they gave me a .coza email address to contact, and I got an immediate response that it would take about a week. Who knows…

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I am also stuck on that part.

Had a wechat account active for many years.