Aramex global shopper

skyw4lk3r

Wow, no warning, nothing. A HELL of a steep increase!
I finally bit the bullet and renewed Flex, and the Flex amounts are about the same as the standard rate was. Shanghai has gone up about R200 per shipment, same for the USA.
I have to pass this on to my customers. Oh joy.
I recieved an email a week ago or so, but no update thereafter

neoprema

Expert Member
This company is the most useless courier on the face of the Earth. I've literally seen SAPO do a better job.

Waiting 16 days for a package so far with a 7-day delivery period. Its been "pending customs inspection" for 7 days!! They must have a special customs section that doesn't work, because other couriers are pushing stuff through normally withing 24-48 hours...

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
This company is the most useless courier on the face of the Earth. I've literally seen SAPO do a better job.

Waiting 16 days for a package so far with a 7-day delivery period. Its been "pending customs inspection" for 7 days!! They must have a special customs section that doesn't work, because other couriers are pushing stuff through normally withing 24-48 hours...
Pending customs inspection is just that - customs.
If you want your parcel fast, use Aramex Express, not Aramex Global Shopper.
All express couriers pre-clear shipments. Express shipments also cost a klomp more.
It is a case of "you get what you paid for".
Slow but cheap - Aramex Global Shopper
Fast but expensive - Aramex Express (or DHL etc)

martin

Expert Member
All express couriers pre-clear shipments. Express shipments also cost a klomp more.

Wish we could sticky this reply on each page of the thread. I wonder how many times you've had to explain this Dee? :)

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Wish we could sticky this reply on each page of the thread. I wonder how many times you've had to explain this Dee? :)
Way too many times. Lol, it is a free county, no matter what Madame NDZ thinks.
People will try other services, ain't nobody stopping them. They will pay through their noses, then return to Aramex Global Shopper and complain about shoddy service.
Cheap and nasty? Yup. However, do you get your shipment? Yup.
Post office? Even cheaper and beyond nasty. Do you get your shipment? Yup, maybe. Just don't shake it. Something inside will rattle alarmingly.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
I used to be so good at ordering parcels in such a way that they arrived at the Aramex origin at the same time.
Aramex used to weigh them as one unit, saving me a klomp money.
Now I still have the skills, but Aramex don't collate anything anymore and it really pees me off.
21d2bb971fe84051109517d91b720de2.jpg

Denpa

DeeinSouthAfrica, I once had 2 packages come at the same time and they treated it like 2 different packages but the shipping was much lower and in the end they counted up all the weight and divided the cost between them in the weight ratio. Are they not doing this anymore?

I had 3 packages delivered to the japan warehouse but they have not been scanned in and delivery to them was 2 weeks ago Monday. Is anyone else experiencing this? Since this is like 400$ of stuff.

neoprema

Expert Member
This IS Aramex Express. I don't use Shopper.
This came from a company in the US with Aramex Express not Global Shopper :(

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
DeeinSouthAfrica, I once had 2 packages come at the same time and they treated it like 2 different packages but the shipping was much lower and in the end they counted up all the weight and divided the cost between them in the weight ratio. Are they not doing this anymore?
I think it was a Service Update on the webpage (or an email) that said "Please note that effective 01/03/2020 the Smart Saver feature is no longer available."
I mentioned it on this thread on 2nd March because I was so annoyed that they were going to no longer going to combine parcels. Now I look for any mention of this and I find nothing. I also find an email on 4th June 2020 welcoming me to Flex and saying this:

Congratulations on activating your AGS Flex membership! Your payment of amount $1500 has been successfully received.
This new membership program comes with amazing benefits! As an AGS Flex member, you'll get immediate savings on your shipments, as shipping rates are calculated per 100 gram vs. the traditional 500 gram weight break.

More great benefits just for you:
 Free AGS Protect
 20% off on heavyweight shipments (over 3kgs)
 Get more savings on multiple packages that are shipped together to you with Smart Saver!

Thank you,
Aramex Global Shopper team

It's a template - the exact same one has been used for the past 3 years. I have asked AGS to verify that Smart Saver is still running.

howardb

Expert Member
Bought something from France the other week and the invoice from the seller reflects the cost of the item purchased and the postage to the AGS facility in France (say EUR25 and postage of EUR25).
In the AGS tracking dashboard, they have included the postage value in their "cost of goods" calculation (so reflects EUR50 for the goods value, instead of EUR25) - does anyone know the reason for this? I thought the cost of goods was just that, the cost of the purchased items only, and should not include any local shipping or postage to the facility.

Have mailed them, but they seem quite delayed at the moment.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Bought something from France the other week and the invoice from the seller reflects the cost of the item purchased and the postage to the AGS facility in France (say EUR25 and postage of EUR25).
In the AGS tracking dashboard, they have included the postage value in their "cost of goods" calculation (so reflects EUR50 for the goods value, instead of EUR25) - does anyone know the reason for this? I thought the cost of goods was just that, the cost of the purchased items only, and should not include any local shipping or postage to the facility.

Have mailed them, but they seem quite delayed at the moment.

The calculation you see on the webpage is a guess. Sometimes it isn't even the correct currency. It falls away the moment they can refer to your uploaded invoice. The full amount including any shipping must always be declared on invoice.. Duty gets added on everything.
Also, if queried, the invoice amount must match amount paid on your bank statement.

Last edited:

howardb

Expert Member
The calculation you see on the webpage is a guess. Sometimes it isn't even the correct currency. It falls away the moment they can refer to your uploaded invoice. The full amount including any shipping must always be declared on invoice.. Duty gets added on everything.
Also, if queried, the invoice amount must match amount paid on your bank statement.
Ok, thanks!
Just makes no sense why I should pay duty on postage...

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Ok, thanks!
Just makes no sense why I should pay duty on postage...
I have asked many times. I never get an answer I can understand.
Just never photoshop shipping out and then upload invoice. If Aramex / customs ask for the bank statement the amounts will not agree.

neoprema

Expert Member
This must be an Aramex South Africa problem, I can't see them still being in business with such bad service globally? I complained via email and got a response within 2 hours of it being forwarded to the ZA contact and 3 days later for the ZA contact to answer me lol.

stephanvanzyl

Had an item delivered to the New York Address 8 days ago according to the tracking . Not reflecting in my AGS account as having been received . On contacting Aramex I was told that the New York Office is currently experiencing staff shortages due to Covid 19 . This is quite understandable as New York has been quite hard hit by Covid 19 . What would be nice though is that if they are able to give an approximate time delay that this has caused . This will give customers an idea so that we do not become concerned whether the item is actually at Aramex or lost somewhere . I do find that Chad from the customer support generally responds quickly to queries in general .
I also had an ebay item delivered to the NY depot with USPS on the 30th of May and up until today it still is not showing in my app. I understand the delays communicated to us, but I'm starting to get a bit worried.

johnjm

Expert Member
Ok, I need to say that aramex hasn't failed me in nearly 6 years.

The package that was lost was actually delivered to my office (granted they did not change the address on time), but the issue is that there was no tracking.

Security had placed it in my office which I thought was locked...

Big ups to them, they utilised their CCTV to track down the driver who then called me to say who signed it etc. He even went back there to confirm it was there.

Just a bit of a mess up on the tracking, so never try change a delivery address please lol.

Item recovered and all good.

howardb

Expert Member
Had an item delivered to the New York Address 8 days ago according to the tracking . Not reflecting in my AGS account as having been received . On contacting Aramex I was told that the New York Office is currently experiencing staff shortages due to Covid 19 . This is quite understandable as New York has been quite hard hit by Covid 19 . What would be nice though is that if they are able to give an approximate time delay that this has caused . This will give customers an idea so that we do not become concerned whether the item is actually at Aramex or lost somewhere . I do find that Chad from the customer support generally responds quickly to queries in general .

I also had an ebay item delivered to the NY depot with USPS on the 30th of May and up until today it still is not showing in my app. I understand the delays communicated to us, but I'm starting to get a bit worried.

Same here on another order in the US
26 May ordered, apparently delivered by USPS on 2 June to the NY facility per their tracking, but nothing reflecting on AGS yet as received.

I understand the delays and challenges and have no issue with waiting, but would provide comfort to know that they at least have received the package at the NY office.