Aramex global shopper

Tinuva

The Magician
Ok, I need to say that aramex hasn't failed me in nearly 6 years.

The package that was lost was actually delivered to my office (granted they did not change the address on time), but the issue is that there was no tracking.

Security had placed it in my office which I thought was locked...

Big ups to them, they utilised their CCTV to track down the driver who then called me to say who signed it etc. He even went back there to confirm it was there.

Just a bit of a mess up on the tracking, so never try change a delivery address please lol.

Item recovered and all good.
I changed address in the past without issues.
Change it on your profile, before the item gets to AGS depot. Never had an issue when I did it that way.

johnjm

Expert Member
I changed address in the past without issues.
Change it on your profile, before the item gets to AGS depot. Never had an issue when I did it that way.
Yeah, my account is old and has an issue, I need to close the account and open a new one to change it.

Tinuva

The Magician
Yeah, my account is old and has an issue, I need to close the account and open a new one to change it.
Create a support ticket or email them, they will change it for you without having to create a new account.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Same here on another order in the US
26 May ordered, apparently delivered by USPS on 2 June to the NY facility per their tracking, but nothing reflecting on AGS yet as received.

I understand the delays and challenges and have no issue with waiting, but would provide comfort to know that they at least have received the package at the NY office.
You are not alone. Follow shopandship on Twitter. If you ignore the Arabic you will see they are also screaming about NY.

Denpa

Is anyone else having problems with the japan facility? My package arrived but not scanned in for over 19 days. Did anyone else send a package through there in the last month or so?

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
I think it was a Service Update on the webpage (or an email) that said "Please note that effective 01/03/2020 the Smart Saver feature is no longer available."
I mentioned it on this thread on 2nd March because I was so annoyed that they were going to no longer going to combine parcels. Now I look for any mention of this and I find nothing. I also find an email on 4th June 2020 welcoming me to Flex and saying this:

Congratulations on activating your AGS Flex membership! Your payment of amount $1500 has been successfully received.
This new membership program comes with amazing benefits! As an AGS Flex member, you'll get immediate savings on your shipments, as shipping rates are calculated per 100 gram vs. the traditional 500 gram weight break.

More great benefits just for you:
 Free AGS Protect
 20% off on heavyweight shipments (over 3kgs)
 Get more savings on multiple packages that are shipped together to you with Smart Saver!

Thank you,
Aramex Global Shopper team

It's a template - the exact same one has been used for the past 3 years. I have asked AGS to verify that Smart Saver is still running.

Dear Dee
Trust you are well
Smart saver has been terminated as of 03/01/2020
please ignore the below option.
I will advise our IT team to delete this from the page.
Your ticket has been marked as resolved. Please visit our website and track your parcel on www.aramexglobalshopper.com
Best Regards
Joseph Das

Nintek

Hi All, has anyone claimed from Aramex under AGS Protect? My parcel with collectible toys came damaged and they say its not covered as the toys inside the damaged boxes are still undamaged but the actual box that holds the toys are damaged. Under the terms and conditions it states that damage to contents will be covered. Seems like I will have to take this to the ombudsman to get this resolved.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation with Alexa - Charcoal
According to USPS:
Delivered on Jun 1, 2020
According to Aramex:
New York, United States 06/12/2020 11:13 Received at Origin Facility
So 12 days before it popped up in NY.

Soprono

Expert Member
Had a pretty decent turn around time on one of my parcels other than the price for shipping only Im happy. Lets see what Customs whacks me with. Really hoping Amazon can open up shipments to SA again through them directly, will cut out this middle man stuff for me on products I know used to ship here that I need.

Untitled.png

johnjm

Expert Member
Dear Dee
Trust you are well
Smart saver has been terminated as of 03/01/2020
please ignore the below option.
I will advise our IT team to delete this from the page.
Your ticket has been marked as resolved. Please visit our website and track your parcel on www.aramexglobalshopper.com
Best Regards
Joseph Das

I just had two parcels arrive and be scanned, the one got a discount of R100?

johnjm

Expert Member
Hi All, has anyone claimed from Aramex under AGS Protect? My parcel with collectible toys came damaged and they say its not covered as the toys inside the damaged boxes are still undamaged but the actual box that holds the toys are damaged. Under the terms and conditions it states that damage to contents will be covered. Seems like I will have to take this to the ombudsman to get this resolved.

Claiming isn’t difficult, but you will need to prove a loss, so if you have an appraisal before and then after you can calculate the loss. But collectibles are not usually covered in general as it’s a thumb suck.

Plus they are toys.... I kid

howardb

Expert Member
App and Web seem problematic at the moment, can't see any packages that were there earlier... Will wait a bit a check later.

Sensorei

Executive Member
Has anyone imported a cell phone from China or Hong Kong lately using AGS? Did you have any issues?

I want to send the phone from the supplier in Hong Kong to the Hong Kong Aramex address. A year ago or so someone here mentioned there was an issue with phones being stolen.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Has anyone imported a cell phone from China or Hong Kong lately using AGS? Did you have any issues?

I want to send the phone from the supplier in Hong Kong to the Hong Kong Aramex address. A year ago or so someone here mentioned there was an issue with phones being stolen.
I would suggest Aramex Express.
Reason is that all items with batteries (and things they think have batteries, like the Google Home Mini) go through Dubai, and Dubai are slow as PPE cargo flights are a priority at the moment. Your phone will sit and sit and perhaps be noticed by the wrong person.
Express items are still a priority, so less time sat in a bonded warehouse somewhere hot and dusty.