Aramex global shopper

Kensei2605

My parcel popped up this morning in my app as being processed in NY like I mentioned it was delivered 13 th June there. For some reason I cant explain the description of the headphones is " electronics (with battery) " hope its not gonna cause any problems coming through customs. Got a picture in Ags app of my package that Im happy about at least but then again I see Jamaica under the NY adress on the package. Maybe some of the regular ags users has had similar things happen?

stephanvanzyl

My 2nd bluetooth headphones are to be delivered in about 2 days and on both descriptions it was stated as Electronics (with battery). As far as I know it will just reroute through Dubai, but there is nothing to worry about. I paid R419 for shipping and today R399 for customs.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
My parcel popped up this morning in my app as being processed in NY like I mentioned it was delivered 13 th June there. For some reason I cant explain the description of the headphones is " electronics (with battery) " hope its not gonna cause any problems coming through customs. Got a picture in Ags app of my package that Im happy about at least but then again I see Jamaica under the NY adress on the package. Maybe some of the regular ags users has had similar things happen?
If it looks like it should have a battery, they plak a huge red sticker on it and send via Dubai.
Even a Google Home Mini, or Amazon Echo (neither of which have batteries) gets a sticker. They always send these smart speakers as dangerous goods, now and waaay before this mess that is the year 2020.
So, if you have something that genuinely contains a battery, expect it to pop up in Dubai without a doubt.
All my JBL speakers did (I ordered 6 over the years) and they definitely have batteries.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
JFK Airport is in Queens, NY.
Springfield Gardens is in Queens, NY.
Jamaica is in Queens, NY.
FYI, Flushing Meadows is also in Queens (anyone for tennis?)
Queens County, New York is a big place, but we are only interested in the bottom bit - Springfield Gardens, and praying that something doesn't go wrong and the plane ending up in Jamaica Bay.

Saba'a

Executive Member
I must mail them again - USPS confirmed delivery to NY facility on 2 June, and still not on the web/app - getting worried if they are already processing 4 June onwards...
Any news?

My item delivered 4 June 2020 but nothing in app yet!

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Any news?

Same boat. Hang in there. They'll get there. Probably on reserve staff, the qualified people down with Coronavirus... I hear its pretty wild over there.

howardb

Expert Member
Any news?

Seems things are now moving.
Also not sure if this is just coincidence, but I mailed them this morning around 11am asking if there is any update and suddenly the US parcel appeared on my App/profile at around 7pm. Shows originating from the US, but all the references are in Dubai (record created, etc.). On it's way to SA.
Have not had a response to my mail yet, other than the automated acknowledgement of the e-mail.

Strange thing is that the item I purchased and dispatched to NY should be about 12/13lbs (5-6kg), but the tracking info shows the parcel is 4lbs (1.8kg) weight. USPS tracking info is correct as the supplier reference, so guess I'll see what actually arrives. The AGS description reflects apparel, but it's actually a scale model toy car...

Interesting times!

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Shanghai are processing shipments received on 20th on the 24th.
This is almost unheard of. Even when things were dire Shanghai processed shipments same day or a day later.
Maybe the volume of PPE traffic is increasing as more and more people are infected in the world.
Yup, bunkering down here in the #1 Covid-19 Western Cape hot-spot area.

Saba'a

Executive Member
This is almost unheard of. Even when things were dire Shanghai processed shipments same day or a day later.
Maybe the volume of PPE traffic is increasing as more and more people are infected in the world.
Credible sources tell me that Jozi hospitals flooded. No space in public or private hospitals

So ja, we pretty blessed to be worrying about parcels.

But I like knowing and there is nothing at all even acknowledging receipt by AGS which I find risky ito theft opportunities!

Last edited:

johnjm

Expert Member

Goods are limited in RSA now so a forwarding service will be very busy.

Kensei2605

H
If it looks like it should have a battery, they plak a huge red sticker on it and send via Dubai.
Even a Google Home Mini, or Amazon Echo (neither of which have batteries) gets a sticker. They always send these smart speakers as dangerous goods, now and waaay before this mess that is the year 2020.
So, if you have something that genuinely contains a battery, expect it to pop up in Dubai without a doubt.
All my JBL speakers did (I ordered 6 over the years) and they definitely have batteries.

Thank you my parcel is now in transit from NY to JNB they did also confirm customs go according to the invoice and not there description. HD6XX headphones so definitely no batteries. Headphones 260 grams package 1.7 kg freight R764.00 way more than I expected.

Kensei2605

JFK Airport is in Queens, NY.
Springfield Gardens is in Queens, NY.
Jamaica is in Queens, NY.
FYI, Flushing Meadows is also in Queens (anyone for tennis?)
Queens County, New York is a big place, but we are only interested in the bottom bit - Springfield Gardens, and praying that something doesn't go wrong and the plane ending up in Jamaica Bay.

Ah okay thank you for they info. Everything seems good with how they handling it its probably this whole world problem that is causing the issues.

Kensei2605

Seems things are now moving.
Also not sure if this is just coincidence, but I mailed them this morning around 11am asking if there is any update and suddenly the US parcel appeared on my App/profile at around 7pm. Shows originating from the US, but all the references are in Dubai (record created, etc.). On it's way to SA.
Have not had a response to my mail yet, other than the automated acknowledgement of the e-mail.

Strange thing is that the item I purchased and dispatched to NY should be about 12/13lbs (5-6kg), but the tracking info shows the parcel is 4lbs (1.8kg) weight. USPS tracking info is correct as the supplier reference, so guess I'll see what actually arrives. The AGS description reflects apparel, but it's actually a scale model toy car...

Interesting times!
Funny you mentioned your mail as I to mailed them and asked and that evening my parcel popped up in app. With that said I think mine was a coincidence as 1 later I only received a reply and said they cant assist without a tracking number.