Aramex global shopper

Saba'a

Executive Member
Did a check-up on a few items that I saved and bookmarked and shipping costs were the same as before lockdown. Product prices have changed slightly but that's it on my side.
Definitely waaay more expensive. On average R500!

Saba'a

Executive Member
Item reached AGS 4 June before increase? Yet charging me the new rate! Item supposed to be 10 ounces yet weight shown as 2 pounds!

Hope they review the charges!

Last edited:

Nat27

Hi. It’s my first time using AGS. A quick question: Is the rate calculated based only on weight? What about dimensions? Does that affect the rate?

Kensei2605

Can anyone confirm if Jnb opened again as per article. My pacel left US 23/06 to Jnb no further updates. So trying to be patient but yeah not one of my strong points.

howardb

Expert Member
Can anyone confirm if Jnb opened again as per article. My pacel left US 23/06 to Jnb no further updates. So trying to be patient but yeah not one of my strong points.
There will probably be an update tomorrow in the news if all went well.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Hi. It’s my first time using AGS. A quick question: Is the rate calculated based only on weight? What about dimensions? Does that affect the rate?
There is a shipping calculator on both the app and on the website.
Amazon usually give the weight of items they sell. Make sure you add on weight for box and packaging.
If your order is over $35 you will probably be charged duty and then 15% vat on everything (invoice amount and duty).
A very loose way of calculating duty is like this - if its made here, there's duty. (clothes, shoes, makeup).
If it isn't made here there probably won't be duty, or if there is, it won't me that bad. (laptop, camera).
Phones and TV's are made here (Hisense), so expect some form of duty.
As I said, a very loose way of calculation. If you want a more accurate way, visit the SARS website.

Nat27

Amazon usually give the weight of items they sell. Make sure you add on weight for box and packaging.
If your order is over $35 you will probably be charged duty and then 15% vat on everything (invoice amount and duty).
A very loose way of calculating duty is like this - if its made here, there's duty. (clothes, shoes, makeup).
If it isn't made here there probably won't be duty, or if there is, it won't me that bad. (laptop, camera).
As I said, a very loose way of calculation. If you want a more accurate way, visit the SARS website.

Thanks. It’s actually collectibles. Props from a tv show.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Cant download import reg documents from SARS. Tried a few times since I import waaay more than 3 times a year.

lexor

Expert Member
My Nivea Nvidia Shield Pro's weight, according to AGS, is over 6,3 kg !!!

According to specs it should only be around 1,2kg(with packaging incl) !!

AGS wants to charge me R2500 for shipping- crazy #$^$%^

Wrote then a long letter.

Last edited:

Saba'a

Executive Member
Item reached AGS 4 June before increase? Yet charging me the new rate! Item supposed to be 10 ounces yet weight shown as 2 pounds!

Hope they review the charges!
Happiness, charging me the old rate, so will refund me. As for weight, no mention of it. But its fine, still under a kg, so possible Amazon made a mistake

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
My Nivea Shield Pro's weight, according to AGS, is over 6,3 kg !!!

According to specs it should only be around 1,2kg(with packaging incl) !!

AGS wants to charge me R2500 for shipping- crazy #$^$%^

Wrote then a long letter.
Don't worry, you can ask JHB to re-weigh parcel. Is it a Nvidea Shield Pro? Or are you into face cream?

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
LOL - that made me laugh !! "Nvidia" not the lotion.

Do I just log a query via their website ?
Use your browser to open that particular shipment. At the bottom of the page you will see a link. Click it and ask them to re-weigh the shipment.
I suggest you gently and clearly explain why you have your doubts about the accuracy. The Aramex people are going to be very stressed, dealing with a hell of a backlog when they reopen after deep cleaning, and being nice costs nothing and gains much.

Mawirepower

I have a package I have to return to Amazon UK (A4 size and less than 200 grams). Any advice on the best service to use?

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
I have a package I have to return to Amazon UK (A4 size and less than 200 grams). Any advice on the best service to use?
Contact Rachel Madima Rachel@aramex.com
Give her all the information you can and she will send you a quotation. If you accept you will be sent a payment link where you can EFT.
This is Aramex Express.
The same Aramex van you usually see will come and collect the parcel.
Don't stress if she doesn't get back to you today, Johannesburg may still be down for cleaning.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Just a heads up.

Don't use Aramex Globals New York address, just got off the phone with them and there is a 2-4 week delay due to the situation over there. Initially I thought it wont be a issue because their email communications just said a 7 day delay.
She also confirmed some packages are being forwarded to dubai in bulk to get handled there.

PS Package arrived at them on the 25 June will keep everyone updated.