Aramex global shopper

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
I just hope that "Shipment cleared – on its way to Aramex destination facility" means further than Lindbro Park.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I am quite sad.

I have had terrible luck with some Plantronics earphones I bought from the US. Bought them, and they were shipped to the NY office. Received them, and they worked for a few weeks and died.

Sent them back to the US via SAPO, because every other courier want to charge ridiculous fees. Plantronics send replacements to the NY office, and the cycle starts again.

Had one hell of a mission trying to get Aramex not to charge me import duties twice, and after a lot of begging, I won. But oh no, that was not the end. The plantronics died again.

So I start again, ship the earphones back, and they send more replacements (this was around Feb). Get a notification that it arrived at the NY warehouse, and everything stops.

I am too depressed to work out how much money the back and forth has cost me on top of the initial cost. I suspect it's close to 4k now. I queried Aramex a few weeks ago and got asked for invoices, etc. After that, everything stopped. I don't know if the item was found, as they first claimed nothing arrived. No one is really responding to me (thanks Covid).

I don't really blame anyone, I just wanted someone to hear me complain. The school fees with this whole saga really stings. I loved the Plantronics earphones when they worked, and the service was good - but they would not refund me at all, they would only send replacements.

Perhaps if there was local presence I would consider them again, but I am pretty much done with them.

So if anything, be very cautious if you want plantronics wireless earphones.

ajan

My packages are blocked due to having batteries. What is the best way to get rid of this headache? Any other services with similar pricing that is able to ship products with batteries?

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
My packages are blocked due to having batteries. What is the best way to get rid of this headache? Any other services with similar pricing that is able to ship products with batteries?
No courier will transport batteries. Your shipment will be destroyed. However if the battery is built in (Bluetooth speakers, phones), Aramex will courier via Dubai as hazardous cargo.

Sayf777

Expert Member
I am quite sad.

I have had terrible luck with some Plantronics earphones I bought from the US. Bought them, and they were shipped to the NY office. Received them, and they worked for a few weeks and died.

Sent them back to the US via SAPO, because every other courier want to charge ridiculous fees. Plantronics send replacements to the NY office, and the cycle starts again.

Had one hell of a mission trying to get Aramex not to charge me import duties twice, and after a lot of begging, I won. But oh no, that was not the end. The plantronics died again.

So I start again, ship the earphones back, and they send more replacements (this was around Feb). Get a notification that it arrived at the NY warehouse, and everything stops.

I am too depressed to work out how much money the back and forth has cost me on top of the initial cost. I suspect it's close to 4k now. I queried Aramex a few weeks ago and got asked for invoices, etc. After that, everything stopped. I don't know if the item was found, as they first claimed nothing arrived. No one is really responding to me (thanks Covid).

I don't really blame anyone, I just wanted someone to hear me complain. The school fees with this whole saga really stings. I loved the Plantronics earphones when they worked, and the service was good - but they would not refund me at all, they would only send replacements.

Perhaps if there was local presence I would consider them again, but I am pretty much done with them.

So if anything, be very cautious if you want plantronics wireless earphones.
Crap, sorry to hear that.

Do you mind sharing which plantronics, as I've also ordered from Amazon?

Joeboy69

Expert Member
Enter the address first into ebay.
Ebay won't accept it and will offer a shorter version, which you okay.
You then enter the shortened version into Amazon.

Thank you for the tip.

eBay shortened it to this which is still problematic. Where am I missing something?

926fb9bba033b533f2e824c0b2db937a.jpg

mr_norris

Expert Member
Crap, sorry to hear that.

Do you mind sharing which plantronics, as I've also ordered from Amazon?
I got the Backbeat Fit 3100 ones. Great when they work, but ya. At the time they were not available on Amazon - I should have taken that as a sign.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
See how mine looks, compared to yours?
Also, leave street address 2 blank.
If you don't come right, use the ebay app as sometimes it is more forgiving.
You can also change your region much easier when using the app. Change it to UK when buying from the UK as most sellers only ship locally. You'll see very few results if your region is USA and you're looking in ebay.co.uk.

Attachments

• 2020-06-25_21-10-32.jpg
    2020-06-25_21-10-32.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 37

Soprono

Expert Member
Looks like Amazon.com has resumed shipping to RSA but at like twice the normal costs!
Did a check-up on a few items that I saved and bookmarked and shipping costs were the same as before lockdown. Product prices have changed slightly but that's it on my side.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Did a check-up on a few items that I saved and bookmarked and shipping costs were the same as before lockdown. Product prices have changed slightly but that's it on my side.
They were 2 shipping options available, one was global saver (iirc) and global priority. Whereas now there is only the more expensive option available (global priority)