Aramex global shopper

Sensorei

Executive Member
I would suggest Aramex Express.
Reason is that all items with batteries (and things they think have batteries, like the Google Home Mini) go through Dubai, and Dubai are slow as PPE cargo flights are a priority at the moment. Your phone will sit and sit and perhaps be noticed by the wrong person.
Express items are still a priority, so less time sat in a bonded warehouse somewhere hot and dusty.
They seller refuses to ship to South Africa which is why I was planning to use AGS in Hong Kong.

Even DHL Express is having pretty bad delays in Dubai now. I've had two packages from China this month hop between HK -> Dubai -> Bahrain -> Nairobi before arriving in SA.

Soprono

Expert Member
Had a pretty decent turn around time on one of my parcels other than the price for shipping only Im happy. Lets see what Customs whacks me with. Really hoping Amazon can open up shipments to SA again through them directly, will cut out this middle man stuff for me on products I know used to ship here that I need.

View attachment 860715
Hot damm, total with shipping came to R1900 (most expensive delivery ever with them) on a R3600 purchase from Amazon UK. Other than that, moved decently quickly through the process and should hopefully arrive Monday/Tuesday.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Buying Ram for R600 that costs R2000 here seems like a bargain?
Go for it. That's what I did - got DDR3 Ram from ebay in a thin stiffened envelope. At the time shipping was R120, cheaper than courier locally.
Now courier will be closer to R200. Still worth it.
There was no duty, which was a plus.
Problem was, my damn Dell wouldn't accept one of the sticks. My brothers HP had no problem. He still owes me.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Be very, very careful you check what currency Aramex are clearing your shipment in. Be extra vigilant if receiving something from the Far East as sometimes it gets cleared as USD.
Also, know your HTS codes (also called HS code). They are the 1st column, under Heading / Subheading:
https://www.sars.gov.za/AllDocs/Leg...4 - Schedule No 1 Part 1 Chapters 1 to 99.pdf
Sometimes things get cleared incorrectly. If you're not sure if the amount to be paid is correct ask Aramex for the clearance documents.

johnjm

Expert Member
I have a watch band that is being detained by customs. It cost a whole $6 . Do people really go to the bank for a stamped statement. To shlep for R100 is not worth it for my time.

Tinuva

The Magician
I have a watch band that is being detained by customs. It cost a whole $6 . Do people really go to the bank for a stamped statement. To shlep for R100 is not worth it for my time.
Most banks don't print and stamp anymore, they do a digital stamp now which you can download at home and print. At least fnb does.

That said, I don't recall needing a stamped statement before.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
What bank are you with? I can download a stamped and verified statement from both ABSA and FNB. You don't have to print it. Just download and email it along with the invoice to Aramex.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
We know about the delay in NY. I have just had 4 x Foscam IP cameras delivered there. I know the cringe-worthy shipping fee will only be applied in at least two weeks (if not longer) when the shipment popps up on the AGS app.
However, other people don't have the advantage of the MyBB forum and must be screaming at them big time.
Hence this letter :

Kensei2605

Was excited that my parcel got send 2 weeks earlier from drop than stated and arrived at ags on the 13 th June but if they are busy with the 4th its gonna be a long wait lol. I do understand though and will be happy when I get it eventually first time buyer.

Mawirepower

Been receiving my orders from the UK within 2 weeks so far. Just went big on a 4k Blu-ray player. The count down begins!

howardb

Expert Member
I must mail them again - USPS confirmed delivery to NY facility on 2 June, and still not on the web/app - getting worried if they are already processing 4 June onwards...

johnjm

Expert Member
I must mail them again - USPS confirmed delivery to NY facility on 2 June, and still not on the web/app - getting worried if they are already processing 4 June onwards...

My last two packages weren’t first scanned in NY, but in Dubai a week later. Seems like hey are skipping e photos and scanning part at NY and just loading everything onto a plane.

Enrocs

Amazon doesnt want to accept the address 182-21 150th Avenue i have removed the dash but nothing happens

has anyone used this address?