Aramex global shopper

wtg

Naw.
Maybe aliexpress sellers don't like sending to China. How do they expect Chinese shoppers not to send to Chinese addresses.
My AliExpress DHL order went from China to Hong Kong.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Naw.
Maybe aliexpress sellers don't like sending to China. How do they expect Chinese shoppers not to send to Chinese addresses.
In China they use Taobao, which is also owned by Alibaba group. Its much cheaper than Aliexpress or T-Mall. Merchants on Taobao will happily send to Shanghai. Hong Kong is more of a problem. I have a parcel stuck somewhere in HK I think I have lost as they want me to fetch it from a shop somewhere and pay duty.
I did explain in this thread how to add the Shanghai address to Taobao, but I don't think recently anyone successfully added the phone number.

Tinuva

The Magician
well I ordered from Banggood on 23 June. Item is already at JHB on 2 July and will probably be here in CPT in the next few days.

Sensorei

Executive Member
Did you receive your DHL packages before estimated date? Mine shows departing Dubai still for about a day now...so looks like mine might also go this route. I'm not sure where it's off too after Dubai
Not most of the time. I've had more than 10 DHL packages from Hong Kong the last month. 2 of them took only 4 days to arrive. 2 took about 2 weeks. Most around 8 to 10 days. It's luck of the draw.

Their delivery times have been a bit faster the last couple of weeks. The delays enroute are mostly after Dubai, in Bahrain waiting for the next flight to SA. Some go via Nairobi after that which adds an extra day, and then JHB clearance is usually 1 day, but up to 3 days.

Reactions: wtg

wtg

Not most of the time. I've had more than 10 DHL packages from Hong Kong the last month. 2 of them took only 4 days to arrive. 2 took about 2 weeks. Most around 8 to 10 days. It's luck of the draw.

Their delivery times have been a bit faster the last couple of weeks. The delays enroute are mostly after Dubai, in Bahrain waiting for the next flight to SA. Some go via Nairobi after that which adds an extra day, and then JHB clearance is usually 1 day, but up to 3 days.
I spoke to DHL this morning. Mine is in Nairobi now. Hopefully it reaches me this week

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Okay, this Covid-19 nonsense is really getting annoying to us importing peeps. Someone make a vaccine, Stat!
(Attempting humour here, don't shoot.)
d71b09ee43839295465d2ebc038a0e0e.jpg

Kensei2605

Yes I agree prob not my best decision to use AGS for the first time during a global pandemic. Every stop my parcel has made was delayed. Arrived at JHB sorting facility on Friday so I take it not going to get my parcel this week either.

Just have to go search for my when I buy stuff online patience again :)

johnjm

Expert Member
Maybe this ?

Customs Clearance - Aramex
www.aramex.com › customs

1. Imports shipped under International Express (i.e. courier) with a declared value below ZAR 500, are generally treated as duty free. However, customs may at any stage request a formal customs clearance (SAD500) and in such cases, may attract Duties and VAT charges.
It is that.

I've had a package on low value stuck at customs for 3 weeks. They did release it today but I haven't received that email yet...

Reactions: wtg

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
This is customs that are down. This is going to impact every shipper.
Imagine the express people screaming. Its difficult to pre-clear when there's no one there to do it.
Low value items are most items under R500. Most shoot straight through without going to customs, but not always, so don't take it for granted.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Anyone know who to bother, item was delivered and signed for.
Aramax hasn't updated as yet for 2 weeks.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Anyone know who to bother, item was delivered and signed for.
Aramax hasn't updated as yet for 2 weeks.
We have been over this before very recently.
If New York, then it's expected. They are running 2 weeks slow due to COVID-19 deep cleansing.

phoenix99

Expert Member
My NY parcel that was delivered on June 27 appeared in my account today. Not too heinous for AGS in the plague times.