Aramex global shopper

Denpa

In China they use Taobao, which is also owned by Alibaba group. Its much cheaper than Aliexpress or T-Mall. Merchants on Taobao will happily send to Shanghai. Hong Kong is more of a problem. I have a parcel stuck somewhere in HK I think I have lost as they want me to fetch it from a shop somewhere and pay duty.
I did explain in this thread how to add the Shanghai address to Taobao, but I don't think recently anyone successfully added the phone number.

You cant add the phone number. I think you need a Chinese phone number. I also got stuck when they requested a Chinese bank account so RIP. You need to use a middle man, like https://www.yoybuy.com/en/ . I don't recommend this one but its just an example. You paste the taobao link and order the item through them. When they receive it you can specify where they must ship it. Then you can do it to aramex in china or just use a courier to here. They charged like 5$ or something for my package. They also give a 10$ voucher for your first order and it worked. The costs were average. They have negative reviews but my package arrived. They were nothing special but it worked.

Kensei2605

Update from my side just got email to pay customs not low value item. Arrived JHB 03/07 so exactly 1 week to today. Not bad I suppose given the situation. Now to wait to get to CPT.

I don't think I was ever so excited to get an email to actually pay duties though :)
Also its just says customs vat so I take it the item was duty free.

MightyQuin021

Also, it might be down to the browser you use. Sometimes my parcels show as not in account on Chrome, then when I log in via Edge or the Android app everything is there and in order. Check on a different browser before you start to panic.
Geez good thing I saw this message, I've just used firefox instead of chrome and now I can see all the data

howardb

Expert Member
AGS Tracking just popped up with another of my parcels delivered to US NY facility on 26 June by USPS, so approx. 2 weeks backlog it seems ;)

Soprono

Expert Member
Still sitting with two items that haven't moved one low value other above R2000. Mix between Amazon UK and USA.

26e48116530dbde21d3be571e5a4be31.jpg

extrusion

I have a question regarding the combination of items - I ordered two items from Amazon, same shipment (one Amazon order). Delivered together at Aramex NY.
Will they be treated individually or seperately regarding the weight?

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
I have a question regarding the combination of items - I ordered two items from Amazon, same shipment (one Amazon order). Delivered together at Aramex NY.
Will they be treated individually or seperately regarding the weight?
Separately. Aramex do not collate shipments.
They used to for Flex customers, but this stopped in February this year. Another shitty thing in 2020.

Edit. If you have 2 orders in one box they weigh the box and treat as one shipment.
If there are two orders delivered same day in two boxes then it is two shipments.

Mawirepower

Last update on my low value was 26 June. Aramex asked if I want to submit to customs formally. Considering it if this continues
Please do it for the team :cool: and let us know how the costs are!

Edit: All my low value items have been cleared from customs and payments for all my high value items has been requested today. I guess things are starting to move now.

Last edited:

Denpa

I dont know what is happening. I had 4 packages in customs all high value. 2 cleared on the 9th and nothing from the rest. They all arrived at 30th.

gustavo07

Im trying out the JHB address to get something delivered to me in Botswana..Lets see how this goes....

Kensei2605

I dont know what is happening. I had 4 packages in customs all high value. 2 cleared on the 9th and nothing from the rest. They all arrived at 30th.

My parcel paid and cleared customs 10 th JHB nothing happening no updates Im in CT. Unless there's also a delays sending parcels out from JHB to CT. It just seems the closer it gets the longer it takes to get here lol.

lexor

Expert Member
AGS truly sucks imo.

Been waiting since 8 June for AGS to deliver my package from NY. Currently stuck in JHB since 2 July 2020.

I ordered some gadgets from China ( Geekbuying) and it was delivered to my door within 9 days from ordering - received it today.

I am aware of the Covid 19 / NY / AGS issues - but still - 37 days (and counting) from NY vs 9 days from China .

johnjm

Expert Member
AGS truly sucks imo.

Been waiting since 8 June for AGS to deliver my package from NY. Currently stuck in JHB since 2 July 2020.

I ordered some gadgets from China ( Geekbuying) and it was delivered to my door within 9 days from ordering - received it today.

I am aware of the Covid 19 / NY / AGS issues - but still - 37 days (and counting) from NY vs 9 days from China .
Yeah, demand is unprecedented plus a staff shortage.

I followed up.on two items that were cleared from customs 10 days ago. Waiting for feedback.

Vernon

Expert Member
I gave AGS a couple tries. Not the greatest, even taking into account the current situation.

So I decided to see if MyUS fares any better. Only a sample of a single go with them thus far but I've no complaints. The usual Covid related delays but they gave me $6 off, this being my first shipment with them. Plus another $20 off for "login delay issues". I received my item earlier today. All good.