Aramex global shopper

TheTraveler

Got this message from AGS.

Please kindly note customs has shut down due to COVID cases on their end. As a result all low value shipments will be put on hold as they will not be released. Please kindly confirm if we can submit for formal clearance or should hold up until customs is up and running.

Last edited:

Mawirepower

Please kindly note customs has shut down due to COVID cases on their end. As a result all low value shipments will be put on hold as they will not be released. Please kindly confirm if we can submit for formal clearance or should hold up until customs is up and running.
Had you asked something? I have stuff held in RSA but I haven't received that email.

TheTraveler

Same here.

Edit: sorry will upload a better copy

02e205f811ad310419a7df5e8de4be77.jpg

howardb

Expert Member
So one of my parcels has been stuck in JHB for just on 2 weeks now with no movement; late this afternoon, the customs charges that are due suddenly appeared on the parcel tracking (previously was only reflecting the shipping cost that I had already paid) - I've just paid it and will see what happens re the delivery :)

wtg

My order (via DHL) passed through customs in a day (yesterday), though the value is > R500

MightyQuin021

On Friday 03 July I received email from Aramex to supply info for customs, ID No., cost of item, and upload copy of sellers invoice for item purchased. I did this and then logged into my account on AGS and saw that the status had updated now showing the cost of goods as I had declared it, and it listed the invoice I had uploaded as an attachment as well as a photo of my package as received at Aramex New York. I logged into my AGS account today and see that the cost of goods is no longer showing and none of the attachments are there anymore (the invoice, and photo of the package) - is this normal? Status is still the same as it was on Friday too i.e. Received at Origin Facility New York

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
On Friday 03 July I received email from Aramex to supply info for customs, ID No., cost of item, and upload copy of sellers invoice for item purchased. I did this and then logged into my account on AGS and saw that the status had updated now showing the cost of goods as I had declared it, and it listed the invoice I had uploaded as an attachment as well as a photo of my package as received at Aramex New York. I logged into my AGS account today and see that the cost of goods is no longer showing and none of the attachments are there anymore (the invoice, and photo of the package) - is this normal? Status is still the same as it was on Friday too i.e. Received at Origin Facility New York
First of all, don't panic. If you see a tracking number it means your parcel is somewhere.
People are working from home. Not everything is as super-efficient as usual. To make things worse, warehouses are closed for deep cleaning, probably weekly.
NY shipments are going via Dubai as there are no direct SAA flights.
Right now, customs Johannesburg is closed, so even of you did miraculously receive your shipment today, it would sit.
Bottom line, and this is addressed to everyone, is to hang in there.
Where possible use an under-used origin address. Australia is fast, so have a look at ebay Australia.
Or use Singapore or Hong Kong for Aliexpress.
Ebay UK, and Amazon UK is great as Slough is working fine.
Try not to use New York or Shanghai.
New York is backed up. Shanghai is expensive, and PPE flights take priority.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Recommended @ScottulusMaximus to a friend for a necklace he wanted to order for his in-law. Ordered about 2 weeks ago, received Monday. Very impressed, given the circumstances.
I also recommend him to people who want a TV board or backlights that is available on eBay only.
I deal with Chinese suppliers, in Chinese. Some televisions were never sold in China, so I can't obtain any boards. Scott can help the customer get his board and as I couldn't help in the first place, everyone is happy.

phoenix99

Expert Member
First of all, don't panic. If you see a tracking number it means your parcel is somewhere.
People are working from home. Not everything is as super-efficient as usual. To make things worse, warehouses are closed for deep cleaning, probably weekly.
NY shipments are going via Dubai as there are no direct SAA flights.
Right now, customs Johannesburg is closed, so even of you did miraculously receive your shipment today, it would sit.
Bottom line, and this is addressed to everyone, is to hang in there.
Where possible use an under-used origin address. Australia is fast, so have a look at ebay Australia.
Or use Singapore or Hong Kong for Aliexpress.
Ebay UK, and Amazon UK is great as Slough is working fine.
Try not to use New York or Shanghai.
New York is backed up. Shanghai is expensive, and PPE flights take priority.

Also, it might be down to the browser you use. Sometimes my parcels show as not in account on Chrome, then when I log in via Edge or the Android app everything is there and in order. Check on a different browser before you start to panic.