Aramex global shopper

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Aramex have never opened anything I had shipped via them.

I upload the correct invoice, they request clearance on that, I pay, item gets cleared and delivered.
Interesting. Maybe it's the Origin. I import about 30 shipments a month, mainly from Shanghai. Most are opened and resealed with Aramex tape.
I also have two shipments on their way from the USA and one from Australia - I will see if they have been opened when they get delivered.

howardb

Expert Member
AGS are very delayed at the moment.

One parcel cleared customs on 8 July, and finally out for delivery today. At least it's moving now. That's a month since being received in Dubai, and a further month prior when the item was ordered in late May.

Another parcel is still stuck in the system somewhere, awaiting an update - last movement was 11 July "Departed Operations facility – In Transit"

Both parcels were from the US, so expected major delays...

SmokingToe

My first parcel was delivered on 6th of July, only showed in system on 13th, last update was 3 days ago -

New York, United States07/16/2020 18:42Departed Operations facility – In Transit

Seems to be moving faster than the average on here...

I received a mail that it's on its way to Jhb, does this mean they didnt forward to Dubai or does this mean that it has only left NY and now headed to Dubai? The guys who had their packages forwarded to Dubai how did you know?

howardb

Expert Member
My first parcel was delivered on 6th of July, only showed in system on 13th, last update was 3 days ago -

New York, United States07/16/2020 18:42Departed Operations facility – In Transit

Seems to be moving faster than the average on here...

I received a mail that it's on its way to Jhb, does this mean they didnt forward to Dubai or does this mean that it has only left NY and now headed to Dubai? The guys who had their packages forwarded to Dubai how did you know?

Mine suddenly appeared in the tracking app stating:
Dubai, United Arab Emirates06/23/2020 20:21Record created.
That was about a month after it was delivered by USPS to the NY facility.

My second parcel is somewhere, not sure where ;)
New York, United States07/11/2020 12:50Departed Operations facility – In Transit
New York, United States07/10/2020 15:56Record created.
New York, United States07/10/2020 15:56Received at Origin Facility

No update since 11 July

SmokingToe

That's a bit worrying, mine is the same as your second package that's "somewhere". At least i can assume it isnt going to Dubai.

New York, United States07/13/2020 09:20Received at Origin Facility
New York, United States07/13/2020 08:54Record Created

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
This is weird. Shipment has been pre-cleared by customs and the parcel is still in Dubai.
Okay, it is 7.5kg of backlights for televisions. Maybe they don't want to trip over it in JHB.
Edit. I think it has not been updated from the 15 July.
afe3fc8cab745c0507e9e23fe1f41c8f.jpg

Strange

I had a low value item depart NYC on 23/06 and I just received it this morning. Took quite a few days to move from Joburg to Stellenbosch.

jetage50

Hello guys,
Can you please kindly advice me, I am planing to buy winter jackets from UK for personal use. I need advice about this please especially concerning custom duties, I am buying clothing worth of 100 pounds.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Hello guys,
Can you please kindly advice me, I am planing to buy winter jackets from UK for personal use. I need advice about this please especially concerning custom duties, I am buying clothing worth of 100 pounds.
If im not mistaken, clothes customs duty are very high. I think you'll end up paying +60% overall.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Hello guys,
Quite simple.
Don't.
Not unless you are getting your jacket for a really, really cheap price.
You are looking at 40-45% duty. Then the government add the cost of the invoice plus the duty they have added and tax you 15% on everything.

howardb

Expert Member
My second parcel is somewhere, not sure where ;)
New York, United States07/11/2020 12:50Departed Operations facility – In Transit
New York, United States07/10/2020 15:56Record created.
New York, United States07/10/2020 15:56Received at Origin Facility
No update since 11 July

Things are moving slowly again, this parcel from NY just got updated, now in Dubai:
Dubai, United Arab Emirates07/21/2020 06:25Departed Operations facility – In Transit
Approx. 10 day process from NY to Dubai it seems

extrusion

I have a more recent order. Delivered to NY hub on 13/07/2020. Will update as it goes along.
Currently nothing on the app / website as expected.

P3wP3w

I have an order that was delivered to the NY hub on 22 June and it still has not shown up in my account. My other package in Hong Kong is there at least : /.

MightyQuin021

Excuse my ignorance, first time I'm using AGS. Aramex is charging a R50 clearance fee on top of other fees, is this a normal flat fee that is always charged on all deliveries?

Gnome

Executive Member
Made the mistake of ordering something that is shipped by Aramex. It is nearly a month now. God this courier is useless. It is like dealing with the post office, except they have the audacity to charge 5x more than the post office

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Made the mistake of ordering something that is shipped by Aramex. It is nearly a month now. God this courier is useless. It is like dealing with the post office, except they have the audacity to charge 5x more than the post office
Have you looked in this thread, about how Aramex New York were closed due to COVID-19, then Aramex Johannesburg were closed due to COVID-19, then Customs were closed due to... Yup.
I doubt the big post office sorting places are fairing any better, and they too use customs, who will be very backed up by now.

johnjm

Expert Member
Despite the 5x price, it is now at least 50x better than the post office lol