Aramex global shopper

Gnome

Executive Member
Have you looked in this thread, about how Aramex New York were closed due to COVID-19, then Aramex Johannesburg were closed due to COVID-19, then Customs were closed due to... Yup.
I doubt the big post office sorting places are fairing any better, and they too use customs, who will be very backed up by now.
I ordered stuff from Amazon (DHL) last week and they were here before my order from Aramex I made a month ago.
That explains why the parcel was stuck in New York for like a week.

That said, Aramex is almost always slow for me. I didn't even realize they were closed, just thought it was their usual service.
They always just hangs around each checkpoint for a couple of days with no progress.

And my personal favorite pet peeve. They send me an email asking for my ID. I enter the details immediately and low and behold on tracking site "The issue with your parcel has been corrected by the carrier but delivery could be delayed by at least a day"

I doubt the big post office sorting places are fairing any better, and they too use customs, who will be very backed up by now.

Despite the 5x price, it is now at least 50x better than the post office lol
Surprisingly my post office delivery now arrive within a month here in Cape Town.
At least for the stuff I order on eBay.
YMMV

Last edited:

Willem208

Quick question: What customs procedures are there if you use for example DHL International? Like what do you have to do?

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
New Czech Republic address on AGS.
I prefer Allegro in Poland, but getting them to ship to Germany isn't easy. Luckily the seller accepted PayPal.
Maybe Prague will be easier.
I typed in Allegro cz and immediately got this one:
Looks interesting. Hopefully they accept SA credit cards. I know Shopee in Malaysia don't.

Nat27

If using AGS from NY do I need to ask the seller to include an invoice in the package or not?

Kola_CT

Expert Member
My NY Aramex shipment which reached them 23 June was delivered yesterday.

It took long, but then I do not really order anything being in a hurry, so all good.

So far my experience with them has been good except for the delays, some of which I am sure is due to their processes, some due to Covid, customs etc.

lexor

Expert Member
If using AGS from NY do I need to ask the seller to include an invoice in the package or not?

I've never asked before and experienced no complications so far.
AGS will ask you to upload the invoice.

Kensei2605

Okay so received my parcel from US on Friday so just over a month in total the delays was a bit frustrating but I do understand why. Cant really complain got my parcel in one piece and not costing too much so for a first time user happy.

extrusion

I have a more recent order. Delivered to NY hub on 13/07/2020. Will update as it goes along.
Currently nothing on the app / website as expected.

UPDATE: Appeared in my account yesterday, 21/07/2020. Paid the shipping fee, uploaded the invoice.

Screenshot_20200722_080254.jpg

Wide

With the current issues around AGS/aramex in general, I dont want to use them. I can source a product from either US or UK (similar pricing with direct shipping to SA option). Are deliveries quicker from US or UK currently and any preference on a shipping agent that would result in a quicker delivery, can choose either DHL,Fedex or UPS.

Mpcheshire

Hey guys just a warning, i had a package sent from UK took 6 weeks and when it arrived it was damaged. When i tried to claim from AGS South Africa they keep declining it and saying it's not their fault and i must claim from where i bought it... R 5k down the drain.Will start look at another company for freight forwarding.Oh and i am a Flex customer means nadda.

Attachments

• Pdamage1.jpg
    Pdamage1.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Pdamage2.jpg
    Pdamage2.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 48

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Woah, I have claimed 3 times in 4 years and AGS has never wiggled out of paying me out.
Did you have AGS Protect checked before you ordered?
What was their reasoning?

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Looking at your shipment I am getting very annoyed with your seller. I receive backlights for TV's from China and everyone uses pvc piping. Your seller used a flimsy tube? How irresponsible.

Mpcheshire

Yeah agree hey, although they did put a fragile sticker on hey.Yes AGS protect was ticked. Still waiting for the reason why - Will keep you guys posted on the resolution. Also always make sure your packages have a fragile sticker on or you cannot claim from AGS protect.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Yeah agree hey, although they did put a fragile sticker on hey.Yes AGS protect was ticked. Still waiting for the reason why - Will keep you guys posted on the resolution. Also always make sure your packages have a fragile sticker on or you cannot claim from AGS protect.
I would contact the supplier and ask for a refund. It is totally their fault. Problem now is the huge delay. Say you were repatriated from South Africa and only arrived home now or something.

Saba'a

Executive Member
You are blaming a store because a courier broke something during delivery.
The blame is on the shipping company
I think the issue of rape inappropriate.

As for package. A fragile sticker not enough. Unless the tube adequate or quite solid, its for a shipper to package item adequately.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
I think the issue of rape inappropriate.

As for package. A fragile sticker not enough. Unless the tube adequate or quite solid, its for a shipper to package item adequately.
Agreed
As for that tube? It is great for shipping documents.
A fishing rod should be in a rigid container, not something that will unravel should it get wet.
Pack correctly or bear the cost of replacing whatever you dispatched. That's how I run my business.