Avoid Cell C Fixed LTE product

racer

Hi there

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Where are you situated?
Does anything ever get resolved when replying to these ?

This is what I'm getting from a "Broadband LTE" service, ever since I received it a month ago...

Ping: 35ms
Download: 0.62Mbps
Upload: 4.52Mbps

compu

This is what I'm getting from a "Broadband LTE" service, ever since I received it a month ago...

Yep same here, it's worse than DSL.... BTW is your deal directly with Cell c or with the likes of Afrihost

Did you change the APN settings by any chance? Also check the antenna settings. I suggest you set them on auto but a few quick tests should tell you the best settings

Aharon

Executive Member
They have decreased indeed. I was consistently getting 10mb and disconnects had improved now down to 3mb/s

racer

Yep same here, it's worse than DSL.... BTW is your deal directly with Cell c or with the likes of Afrihost
I got it through Afrihost.. after a lot of to-and-fro with them, they've suggested I deal directly with Cell C as its an area problem :/

racer

Did you change the APN settings by any chance? Also check the antenna settings. I suggest you set them on auto but a few quick tests should tell you the best settings
yup tried all of the above.. every known APN and all the different antenna settings.

compu

I got it through Afrihost.. after a lot of to-and-fro with them, they've suggested I deal directly with Cell C as its an area problem :/
Those fools don't know what to do. They are selling absolute kak and yet they provide no help whatsoever

Hi rather than starting a new thread I thought I would post here in question format: We suffered the same poor speeds for a few weeks and I set the B315 router to 3G only and things were ok for 2 weeks. I then turned it back to 3G/4G and speed seem to have been corrected.

1) If you are on LTE-A can you revert back to 3G only on your router same as LTE/3G?
2) Is the Cell C LTE-A being delivered in a different frequency? (Currently on B315 router with external antenna, would I need a new Antenna?)
3) Legally how does Cell C get away with selling a product that they can't deliver on, surely there are consumer laws?
4) Where is the Cell C rep that is usually active on here?

chrisc

Executive Member
Anything to be done about this? Its not worth R500 a month in my opinion. All the correct CellC settings have been loaded into the Huawei B618 router

CellC technical say there is nothing they can do, but I must still pay regardless

I am in Plumstead in Cape Town. The transmitter is 600m away and there is an external LTE antenna

Capture.JPG

bheinche

Expert Member
Anything to be done about this? Its not worth R500 a month in my opinion. All the correct CellC settings have been loaded into the Huawei B618 router

CellC technical say there is nothing they can do, but I must still pay regardless

I am in Plumstead in Cape Town. The transmitter is 600m away and there is an external LTE antenna

View attachment 580246
The same issues here in Oakglen, Bellville. I posted this in the other thread: Cell C's Networks Support Team has contacted me and confirmed that they have tested the base station I connect to (500m from my house) and confirmed that there is no issues with it and the backhaul as well. This makes no sense as I should be getting awesome speeds but yeah I don't know what the issue is. They said they'll continue to test but it's basically up to me now to sort out.

H

View attachment 580246
i Chrisc has it worked fine before? Disconnect the external antenna and do a speedtest. If it is fast then connect the external antenna and test again. If it is slow then your antenna could be misaligned and could be picking up a tower much further. Worth a try?

Kevvie

I live too far from the telkom exchange to get better speed than 2mb. But basically unusable when one tries to stream, or even download. So I went and bought a cellc sim, loaded with a gig I was now checking signal across the house to find the best spot, with hopefully trying to get less than -100db. I get speeds up to 90. Which made me cry of total joy.
Now, I have spoken to afrihost and they basically say they cap your speed at 50mbps, the reason I asked was that the B618 can handle what, 600mbps? I know I won't get that anywhere. The aim was just to know if I receive the 80-90 (if I stay lucky) mbps speed, that the router of Afrihost will let me experience that, and not get stuck at 50mbps, also as I hear, afrihost is terrible with speed.. so it wont even get that. Which told me ok then lets go to cellc directly, I also asked the same questions for their advertised routers. They also, can't give me any answers directly. :cautious:

so basically it doesn't matter where I sign up, all of them will have speed problems, but hopefully better than my 2mbps telkom. a very big pyn in die gat. :crying:

darryn

i am in south durban and get between 25 to 30 meg download and 19 to 25 meg upload....iv had only a few small issues nothing as bad as telkom adsl downtime.

oceanmasterza

I have over 250 Cellc sims in the field and we are seeing a ton of random "no service" on the LTE routers every day. Most erratic provider due to this.