Avoid Cell C Fixed LTE product

bheinche

Expert Member
I have over 250 Cellc sims in the field and we are seeing a ton of random "no service" on the LTE routers every day. Most erratic provider due to this.
I've had a no service issue too last night and every night since the sim got delivered speeds have been under 2mbps. They are the most horrible service provider yet.

racer

Just got the sim card activated but on my prepaid sim card I get close to 52Mbps!
be thankful, i'd give up my left foot to get anywhere close to that.. for the past month i've not gone higher than 2Mbps, average is 1Mbps... since i've had it!

How I wish I could get these speeds
Hi I retested the lte/4G connection throughout the week it was 12-13mbps down and 4-6 mbps upload.
This morning at 10am with no changes to hardware it is way down 3.5mbps down and 1.5 mbps up. So this indicates network congestion. Cell C is selling more bandwidth than what they have.
This will continue with Cell C telling customers they are investigating... if there is a class action brought against Cell C I do not think there will be a shortage of people signing on . That is the only way this will get fixed long term.

I then changed the B315 router to use 3G only and I get 12mbps down and 2.5 mbps upload. So faster speeds on 3G . Again this means nothing wrong with the hardware but that the 4G /lte spectrum is congested and overloaded. I will leave it on 3G.

Last edited:

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi I retested the lte/4G connection throughout the week it was 12-13mbps down and 4-6 mbps upload.
This morning at 10am with no changes to hardware it is way down 3.5mbps down and 1.5 mbps up. So this indicates network congestion. Cell C is selling more bandwidth than what they have.
This will continue with Cell C telling customers they are investigating... if there is a class action brought against Cell C I do not think there will be a shortage of people signing on . That is the only way this will get fixed long term.

I then changed the B315 router to use 3G only and I get 12mbps down and 2.5 mbps upload. So faster speeds on 3G . Again this means nothing wrong with the hardware but that the 4G /lte spectrum is congested and overloaded. I will leave it on 3G.
Hi 8ta Network Optimist

When have you been experiencing this issue?

^MP

ZoroGilla

My Cell C LTE has been down for over a week. They claim that it works on their end, which is a dumb as F*uck thing to even need to mention. I can only access Cell C's website at this point. Terribly disappointed.

Their network can't cope with the demand. Not in Central Durban at least. The speeds are so slow in the evening for me that I can't even surf the net, let alone try to stream Netflix. :(
CellC Lte works 100% most of the times. It's understandable that things might slow down a bit during peak usage times.

CellC Lte works 100% most of the times. It's understandable that things might slow down a bit during peak usage times.
I think everyone will be happy if the lte network slows down from 50mbps to 15mps. But to to have so many people sit with speeds less than ADSL yet they pay for superfast speeds on Cell network as advertied is rubbish. Class action is the only way it will get fixed. Cell see is financially in deep trouble so they are just keeping head above water.

Pixual

Expert Member
It's just gone 9pm and here is my Rain speed test on their fixed LTE sim:

Cell C never even got that fast at any point of any day for me. Ever. Their network is rubbish and their support is non-existent. They should fold up and die.

MirageF1

Expert Member
I asked a certain ISP selling Cell C Fixed. LTE for a reliable connection and they told me Cell C Fixed LTE will not be a solution. It would be better to stay with my. 4mb ADSL.
Most likely...my brief experience in last few days confirms that - ridiculously long pings/jitters, frequent disconnects, timeouts, sub 0.1 Mbps uploads permanently, dl's never exceed 2 Mpbs, whatsapp / skype voicecalling impossible...list is endless.

A unpleasant internet experience. No idea how people can use a 100GB plan..I'd be lucky to use 10GB this month!

RedViking

Honorary Master
Most likely...my brief experience in last few days confirms that - ridiculously long pings/jitters, frequent disconnects, timeouts, sub 0.1 Mbps uploads permanently, dl's never exceed 2 Mpbs, whatsapp / skype voicecalling impossible...list is endless.

A unpleasant internet experience. No idea how people can use a 100GB plan..I'd be lucky to use 10GB this month!
If I was an ISP I will not be selling their service. Cause there is nothing they will be able to do about it.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
It's just gone 9pm and here is my Rain speed test on their fixed LTE sim:

Cell C never even got that fast at any point of any day for me. Ever. Their network is rubbish and their support is non-existent. They should fold up and die.
Hi Pixual

When did you start experiencing this issue?

^MP