Avoid Cell C Fixed LTE product

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Most likely...my brief experience in last few days confirms that - ridiculously long pings/jitters, frequent disconnects, timeouts, sub 0.1 Mbps uploads permanently, dl's never exceed 2 Mpbs, whatsapp / skype voicecalling impossible...list is endless.

A unpleasant internet experience. No idea how people can use a 100GB plan..I'd be lucky to use 10GB this month!
Hi MirageF1

Have you reported this issue previously?

^MP

Pixual

Expert Member
Hi Pixual

When did you start experiencing this issue?

^MP
Really? You want me to answer this now, nearly four months after I got so exasperated with your company's lack of service that I started this thread?

Well, let's see...

I think it was about a month or two after I got the product sim from Web Africa (which I might add wasn't easy either). It worked fine for the first month, but then after a while the internet became virtually useless after 4pm. Not able to stream anything and barely able to browse websites either. Complaint after complaint to your reseller Web Africa went UNANSWERED. Yes, they literally didn't even bother to respond to tickets. I tried to phone them but hey, guess what, they have an automated call answering system that literally cuts you off if you select the requested departments for support.

So that's why I dropped your product and began this thread. It was without doubt the worst internet service I have ever had since first getting online at home in 2001 with MWEB dial up.

The difference between your LTE service and Rain's is not dissimilar to the difference between eating at a Michelin starred restaurant and going down to Mickey D's for a quarter pounder.

By the way, your company is not the Michelin starred restaurant.

Truly atrocious experience with Cell C - to the point where I can't see myself using either Cell C or Afrihost in the future.
Downloads of under 2 Mbps, yet upload speeds of 14 Mbps (with 4 bar 4G signal)

But....for the the first 24 hours after having got the router and sim I was getting 20-30 Mbps.

Then, after 24 hours the speed abruptly dropped to a crawl of nothing above 2 Mbps.

It seems to me that Cell C is throttling speeds when much higher speeds are available/possible.

Attachments

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Truly atrocious experience with Cell C - to the point where I can't see myself using either Cell C or Afrihost in the future.
Downloads of under 2 Mbps, yet upload speeds of 14 Mbps (with 4 bar 4G signal)

But....for the the first 24 hours after having got the router and sim I was getting 20-30 Mbps.

Then, after 24 hours the speed abruptly dropped to a crawl of nothing above 2 Mbps.

It seems to me that Cell C is throttling speeds when much higher speeds are available/possible.
Hi Mr Blah Blah

Please PM us your residential address so that we can check on your area.

^MP