• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Avoid Cell C Fixed LTE product

Pixual

Expert Member
They can blame Cell C all day, that doesn't change the fact that I can't get anyone to respond to a ticket within at least 2 days (not acceptable) and also when you phone in and press 4 for accounts nothing happens.

I'm cancelling and will go back to Rain as my primary. The outage they are having also doesn't really explain the kak speeds we have been seeing this month. :mad:

Pixual

Expert Member
Connection is back but this is all it can do.

I told them I want to cancel immediately. They say I can't cancel in the middle of a month. So by this logic it's quite alright for them to take my R849 and then deny me the service I paid for. On what planet is this an acceptable client service level?

lilggg

Expert Member
WebAfrica's reply: we are currently experiencing a Lte network outage... What for 2 months and why is it fine during the day if you have a network outage.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
@Cell_C What speeds should users of your LTE packages be expecting in order to lodge complaints with the different ISP's?[/QUOTE
Dear Cell C;

In case you may have missed some earlier remarks I made in this thread, it is barely possible to reach anybody at WebAfrica. They do not respond to tickets.

My service seems to have been restored this morning but the speeds are still less than half of what they were 2 months ago when I signed up for this. I'm not going to keep paying a lot of money for this crappy service.

Dear awvince

Thank you for contacting Cell C regarding your coverage.

Please advise where are you currently situated (Physical Address)?

^NZ

Pixual

Expert Member
If you can get fibre then that's 1st prize. I wish I could be done with all this erratic LTE network stuff. Unfortunately if you don't already have a Rain fixed LTE-A sim you can't get a new one, so you'd have to get their mobile sim which is a lot more expensive per GB.

Pixual

Expert Member
And these Cell C reps on here do not respond to your PM's. I think they just poke their noses into these threads to pay brand service. They don't really care. They just want your money and as much of it as possible.

Pixual

Expert Member
Managed to watch Ozark between 8pm and 9pm, but right now it's so slow that I can't even start a speed test. What a joke.

Pixual

Expert Member
This morning the speed seems to be getting back to an acceptable level.

However, what this entire debacle has shown me is that firstly, you can't rely on WebAfrica to provide support for LTE. They'll take your money for the service, no problem there, but when it comes to support they are as robust as Chinese lanterns in a hurricane. In other words, useless. Secondly, there is no mechanism in place whereby a consumer can report a service as faulty directly to the network operator, in this case Cell C. The ISP is supposed to do this, but if the ISP doesn't care, what can we do?

I have both Cell C (via WA) and Rain (via AH) fixed LTE and the differences between the services are stark. Cell C's service compared to Rain's is like 3rd division football versus Premier League. The evidence for this difference can be seen in the price differential between the two. You're getting more gig for your money with Cell C, but if the gig is so poor that you can't use it, what's the point?