• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Avoid Cell C Fixed LTE product

awvince

Dear Lilggg

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Have you reported the issue to WebAfrica? You will need to report this issue to them so they can log a ticket with our Networks Department so we can have your query resolved.

^NZ
@Cell_C What speeds should users of your LTE packages be expecting in order to lodge complaints with the different ISP's?

Pixual

Expert Member
Dear Cell C;

In case you may have missed some earlier remarks I made in this thread, it is barely possible to reach anybody at WebAfrica. They do not respond to tickets.

My service seems to have been restored this morning but the speeds are still less than half of what they were 2 months ago when I signed up for this. I'm not going to keep paying a lot of money for this crappy service.

Pixual

Expert Member
When you try to call WebAfrica's support none of the numbers from their call direction service do anything. Dial 4 for accounts and nothing happens. WTF? It's like I am dealing with domestic animals.

Has anybody been able to speak to a human at this terrible excuse of an ISP?

Sheepbot

When you try to call WebAfrica's support none of the numbers from their call direction service do anything. Dial 4 for accounts and nothing happens. WTF? It's like I am dealing with domestic animals.

Has anybody been able to speak to a human at this terrible excuse of an ISP?
I logged a ticket a bit earlier - they sent through an "LTE Network problem Investigation Sheet" which I filled out and they have escalated it - whatever that means.

Pixual

Expert Member
I opened 3 tickets this week and not one of them has been responded to. now when I want to cancel they are telling me that I can only cancel effective end of October. That's BS. I refuse to pay them another cent for a service that doesn't work.

Effing fast internet my effing ass!

Pixual

Expert Member
Still no reply on any of my tickets in spite of their soc media person telling me they have been escalated to service managers.

Ridiculous. Actually, I think it isn't unfair to call it theft if they are taking my money and not supplying the advertised service.

lilggg

Expert Member
My god this is painfull, i have been trying to download a 100mb file since 5pm..... 10kB/s and then it dies, have to restart. Unreal

Call logged to webafrica, not much hope of a resolution however.

Pixual

Expert Member
WebAfrica is by far the worst ISP I have ever dealt with since I got online in 2001. By a long way.

Pixual

Expert Member
I woke up to no internet again this morning. Red light on the B618, alternating with a dark blue light. WebAfrica told me that my device was reporting 3 IP addresses on their side so advised me to turn it off, take out the sim, put it back in and then wait for 20 minutes before turning it back on. Did that and nothing changed. Interestingly I put in the Rain sim and the teal service light comes on almost immediately.

I have had enough and I want my money back. They can't provide the service I paid for (200GB for R849) why should they be entitled to my money?

Pixual

Expert Member
I wonder how many people are affected? Of course there are no notifications on the Web Africa website about service disruptions. What complete cocks they are.

Maybe its time for myBB journos to look into this scam.

lived666

Executive Member
No Cell C LTE since last night. Webafrica says National issue with Cell C LTE. This appears to be quite a common occurrence right now with Cell C and fixed LTE being down. :mad:

Zenthrax

... so advised me to turn it off, take out the sim, put it back in and then wait for 20 minutes before turning it back on.
Always amazed by the blank response support gives when I ask them how taking out the sim after the device is off does anything... These ISP's think the LTE routers are like old blackberry phones that magically work after you restart them.

lived666

Executive Member
I wonder how many people are affected? Of course there are no notifications on the Web Africa website about service disruptions. What complete cocks they are.

Maybe its time for myBB journos to look into this scam.
yeah I agree that webafrica are kak but there is an update in the user portal re service being down.