Axxess is trolling me

shifttymike

Back in 2017 I had endless issues trying to get Openserve fibre through Axxess, where there was a fault, the fault was repaired and the order marked as complete when they hadn't actually pulled fibre to my apartment yet - just fixed the fault. I spent nearly 3 months trying to get them to create a new order and not migrate. I tried switching ISPs (Afrihost) and they ignored my instructions as well, and eventually I got it sorted.

At some stage during the process, I logged into the Telkom dashboard to check the status of my Openserve order and it was super slow. I checked the console and it was downloading a massive JSON object, when I looked at the contents, I discovered that there were over 5000 B numbers associated with my ID number. Kinda weird, but probably related to my situation. Haven't checked it again.

Fast-forward to December 2020: I receive a call from an Openserve tech. "Hi, I'm outside your house for your fibre installation", but I haven't ordered fibre, and the dude is in Limpopo or something. I start getting these calls, sometimes as many as 3 a day, from all around the country. I start asking questions and they all tell me that the installation/fault is for Axxess, and that my number is the only one on the job card (but with someone else's name).

They seem to slow down but by March they're picking up again, so I call Axxess and ask them what's going on. They say they'll look into it but nothing happens. I call again a week later, the lady on the phone was completely disinterested (all the OS techs who I've told this story to, so they don't keep trying to call me, think it's fascinating and seem to not be surprised that this is coming from Axxess) and I had to instruct her to open a ticket. Absolutely nothing from their support since then.

I probably get about 2 calls a week now, the latest was today, from P.E. Confirmed every time that it's for Axxess. Someone suggested that I start telling everyone that I no longer want the service or the fault has been resolved and make their other customers angry, but I'm not that evil. Yet.

I'm posting this here for 3 reasons:
- I think it's an amusing story (when I'm not frustrated about it)
- To complain about Axxess
- To ask if anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this, or if by some miracle there's an Axxess support rep with a voice on here, if they might be able to help

I've been very patient, but it's time for the joke to end now, thanks.

Matt91

Expert Member
Be evil and make them even more unpopular with their customers.

200w.gif

shifttymike

You obviously don't ever look at what needs to be said in survey competitions . Good luck with your issue.
As you can probably tell by my post count, I don't come here too often :)
I'm just confused as to why it's in _this_ thread, it just seems like spam to me. Or perhaps Axxess isn't the only troll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
Back in 2017 I had endless issues trying to get Openserve fibre through Axxess, where there was a fault, the fault was repaired and the order marked as complete when they hadn't actually pulled fibre to my apartment yet - just fixed the fault. I spent nearly 3 months trying to get them to create a new order and not migrate. I tried switching ISPs (Afrihost) and they ignored my instructions as well, and eventually I got it sorted.

At some stage during the process, I logged into the Telkom dashboard to check the status of my Openserve order and it was super slow. I checked the console and it was downloading a massive JSON object, when I looked at the contents, I discovered that there were over 5000 B numbers associated with my ID number. Kinda weird, but probably related to my situation. Haven't checked it again.

Fast-forward to December 2020: I receive a call from an Openserve tech. "Hi, I'm outside your house for your fibre installation", but I haven't ordered fibre, and the dude is in Limpopo or something. I start getting these calls, sometimes as many as 3 a day, from all around the country. I start asking questions and they all tell me that the installation/fault is for Axxess, and that my number is the only one on the job card (but with someone else's name).

They seem to slow down but by March they're picking up again, so I call Axxess and ask them what's going on. They say they'll look into it but nothing happens. I call again a week later, the lady on the phone was completely disinterested (all the OS techs who I've told this story to, so they don't keep trying to call me, think it's fascinating and seem to not be surprised that this is coming from Axxess) and I had to instruct her to open a ticket. Absolutely nothing from their support since then.

I probably get about 2 calls a week now, the latest was today, from P.E. Confirmed every time that it's for Axxess. Someone suggested that I start telling everyone that I no longer want the service or the fault has been resolved and make their other customers angry, but I'm not that evil. Yet.

I'm posting this here for 3 reasons:
- I think it's an amusing story (when I'm not frustrated about it)
- To complain about Axxess
- To ask if anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this, or if by some miracle there's an Axxess support rep with a voice on here, if they might be able to help

I've been very patient, but it's time for the joke to end now, thanks.
Hi there Michael,

I am sorry to hear this. Please send me a DM with your account number and your contact details. I would like to investigate the matter on your behalf. Thanks

shifttymike

Not exactly surprised but this hasn't been resolved. I received a DM as promised, but it seems like nothing is being done. I got another call from a confused technician yesterday. (To be clear, I haven't been an Axxess fibre customer for 3 years)
I really am starting to consider the sabotage option, creating my own angry mob of unsatisfied customers is something I haven't tried yet. Although they'd probably just disappear into the noise :rolleyes:
It's a pity, Axxess used to be great but now their customer service seems to have no idea what to do when things go off-script.

Thor

Honorary Master
Wait, you are not an Axxess client and they are calling you?

That's harassment and a violation of POPI, I would sue them right there on the spot and you will win

shifttymike

Wait, you are not an Axxess client and they are calling you?

That's harassment and a violation of POPI, I would sue them right there on the spot and you will win
It's a little more complicated. I am an Axxess client (have been for a decade, in the process of moving everything away), but not fibre.
They're not calling me, but they're somehow managing to put my number as an alternate contact on Openserve job cards. That's what I suspect based on the chats I've had with the many, many techs who've called me. But every time I confirm that the installation/fault is for Axxess. There is actually a small possibility that it's somehow Openserve and related to the 5000+ B numbers I had back in 2017, but if Axxess were actually looking, they should be able to confirm that if it was the case.

Thor

Honorary Master
It's a little more complicated. I am an Axxess client (have been for a decade, in the process of moving everything away), but not fibre.
They're not calling me, but they're somehow managing to put my number as an alternate contact on Openserve job cards. That's what I suspect based on the chats I've had with the many, many techs who've called me. But every time I confirm that the installation/fault is for Axxess. There is actually a small possibility that it's somehow Openserve and related to the 5000+ B numbers I had back in 2017, but if Axxess were actually looking, they should be able to confirm that if it was the case.
POPI still an issue there so I would sue (if this is an inconveniance)

shifttymike

I received another call today at 18:40 from a really sweet Telkom employee from Kimberley who was really trying to go the extra mile to assist a customer before the weekend. Unfortunately, the alternate contact was me so that wasn’t particularly helpful. Let me reiterate:
I’m being harassed by people who should not have my contact details, and other customers are not getting the service that they should because you’re making it difficult to contact them.
I will be taking legal action if this isn’t addressed @Captain Axxess . As pointed out, this is harassment and disseminating my personal information without consent. I’m not even an Axxess fibre customer.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

rh1

Expert Member
Go ahead, lay a complaint. Googling on the phone;

If someone is alleged to be in breach of the POPI Act, a complaint may be submitted to the Information Regulator.

This complaint will be dealt with by an adjudicator.If a person is not happy with the determination of the adjudicator, they can still approach the Information Regulator for another ruling.

Reactions: Yuu

shifttymike

I'm hesitant to go the POPI route, I think harassment will get results quicker but I'll speak to a lawyer who knows better.
@Captain Axxess said that Openserve was investigating, but now they aren't responding to my DMs.

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
I'm hesitant to go the POPI route, I think harassment will get results quicker but I'll speak to a lawyer who knows better.
@Captain Axxess said that Openserve was investigating, but now they aren't responding to my DMs.
Hi there,

We will keep you updated as soon as we get feedback from Openserve.

shifttymike

Touch wood, so far so good. Apparently my number has been removed from the system. Last time that happened, my number was removed from a specific job card which was already completed but it seems that things might be different this time.
1 week and no calls which is better than I've had for the last 6 months. Just in time for POPIA ;)