Axxess Voice (VoIP)

Gazbal

Expert Member
@The Axxess Lady Can anybody advise on what codec the new Axxess voip app uses? It looks like Zoiper but you have to pay Zoiper to get the G729 codec.

waynehooper

I am looking to port my Telkom home number to either Switchtel or Axxess Voice.

Can anyone out there advise me on which one is better go for. How is the call quality on the two services?

Dirk44

Switchtel lets you connect 2 devices, use it on my laptop when overseas and home phone still connected, Sip1 and Sip2. Never checked if both ring though.

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
I am looking to port my Telkom home number to either Switchtel or Axxess Voice.

Can anyone out there advise me on which one is better go for. How is the call quality on the two services?
Good day, please don't hesitate to send me a PM for any further assistance. thanks

access

Honorary Master
sip accounts usually ring on the last device registered, simultaneous ringing usually requires some form of pbx to setup a ring/hunt group to make the selected hard/soft handsets ring.

waynehooper

sip accounts usually ring on the last device registered, simultaneous ringing usually requires some form of pbx to setup a ring/hunt group to make the selected hard/soft handsets ring.
What if I have the same SIP login details setup on both devices?

access

Honorary Master
What if I have the same SIP login details setup on both devices?
which ever device or app registered(connected) to the sip server last, will ring when a call comes in, when you use the same sip login details on multiple devices.

you need a cloudpbx or onsite pbx to do what you want. configure each device with sip credentials as extensions, tell the pbx to ring both sip extensions when a call comes in.

edit: oh yes, the yealink w60p(and similar) is a cordless dect phone that can take 8 devices per base station. the base station has some sip account and handset device matrix for incoming/outgoing calls. i think you can make multiple devices ring off the same sip account with the base station. the sip account registers once and the base station does the rest. you assign the same sip account to each dect handset.

Last edited:

waynehooper

which ever device or app registered(connected) to the sip server last, will ring when a call comes in, when you use the same sip login details on multiple devices.

you need a cloudpbx or onsite pbx to do what you want. configure each device with sip credentials as extensions, tell the pbx to ring both sip extensions when a call comes in.
Thank you for clearing that up. Is for a two phone home setup, so don’t want to spend that type of money.

waynehooper

edit: oh yes, the yealink w60p(and similar) is a cordless dect phone that can take 8 devices per base station. the base station has some sip account and handset device matrix for incoming/outgoing calls. i think you can make multiple devices ring off the same sip account with the base station. the sip account registers once and the base station does the rest. you assign the same sip account to each dect handset.
I will be getting a w60p, but the concrete thickness and distance between where the base will be and the upstairs area concerns me. Not sure is signal will be strong enough. Might have to get hold of one of the local VoIP providers to demo a unit for me, so I can see if it will work.