Bathabile Dlamini Resigns as an MP with Immediate Effect

Mista_Mobsta

Would be fun if there was a ANC Pension Fund that was used as a test run for prescribed investments into all these failed SOE's! Watch how quickly these trough feeders back out of the prescribed investment debacle once it's their hard looted money on the line...

S7wede

Expert Member
Things are very fishy with all these resignations and Ace badmouthing Ramaphoza. I hope we aren't seeing the start of a Zuma coup. Things could go bad very fast

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Things are very fishy with all these resignations and Ace badmouthing Ramaphoza. I hope we aren't seeing the start of a Zuma coup. Things could go bad very fast
Not a coup, more like trying to steal whatever last bit they can by retiring with ministerial benefits.

If anything it's a chance for Ramaphosa to get his own people to replace them in parliament...

thechamp

Honorary Master
Zuma has nothing more to offer anyone. Someone should tell this to Ace.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Not a coup, more like trying to steal whatever last bit they can by retiring with ministerial benefits.

If anything it's a chance for Ramaphosa to get his own people to replace them in parliament...
Good point, but it's the next in line on the list when comes to who will be going to parliament, it will depend on whose side they are. But they are mostly new people who are very much open to persuasion.

S7wede

Expert Member
Zuma has nothing more to offer anyone. Someone should tell this to Ace.
The NEC can declare him the leader of the ANC. If Ramaphoza is recalled by the NEC they can install anybody the want as the new president. Most of them are in the Zuma camp or he has dirt on their corruption.

sox63

Executive Member

My understanding is that he does not have much say. It follows the list submitted to IEC. The next names on the list that didn't get a spot in the ANC's seat allocation get their chance. Could be wrong though

ponder

Honorary Master
The NEC can declare him the leader of the ANC. If Ramaphoza is recalled by the NEC they can install anybody the want as the new president. Most of them are in the Zuma camp or he has dirt on their corruption.
He cant serve a third term as far as I'm aware but speak under correction. But they can still get one of hos lackeys like that other zuma that was running against ramaphosa.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Most of them? I doubt If that is a carefully thought out stament or if you can even show me the names of this "most of them" who support Zuma on the NEC list?, how was Ramaphosa elected if most NEC members are Zuma loyalists? And people in the ANC change loyalties as soon as they can identify the winning team, just look at Mbalula, how many other former Zuma people have changed sides since Ramaphosa became President?

Zuma really has nothing to offer anyone and those who are sticking with him are only doing so to hide their own smallernyana skeletons, even the comrades in KZN are seeing the light and slowly moving towards the right side.

thechamp

Honorary Master
My understanding is that he does not have much say. It follows the list submitted to IEC. The next names on the list that didn't get a spot in the ANC's seat allocation get their chance. Could be wrong though
You are right.

S7wede

Expert Member
Most of them? I doubt If that is a carefully thought out stament or if you can even show me the names of this "most of them" who support Zuma on the NEC list?, how was Ramaphosa elected if most NEC members are Zuma loyalists? And people in the ANC change loyalties as soon as they can identify the winning team, just look at Mbalula, how many other former Zuma people have changed sides since Ramaphosa became President?

Zuma really has nothing to offer anyone and those who are sticking with him are only doing so to hide their own smallernyana skeletons, even the comrades in KZN are seeing the light and slowly moving towards the right side.
The ANC needed Ramaphosa to win them the election and not bleed too many votes to the DA and the EFF (still not sure if this isn't a fake party that will rejoin the ANC when conditions are right). Now that the ANC has retained a sufficient majority, they do not need him anymore.

thechamp

Honorary Master
The ANC needed Ramaphosa to win them the election and not bleed too many votes to the DA and the EFF (still not sure if this isn't a fake party that will rejoin the ANC when conditions are right). Now that the ANC has retained a sufficient majority, they do not need him anymore.
If this was the case then they would have voted for him overwhelmingly at Nasrec, use him and then dump him, it really does not look like there is any such master plan here, if there is it surely is a very chaotic one.

S7wede

Expert Member
If this was the case then they would have voted for him overwhelmingly at Nasrec, use him and then dump him, it really does not look like there is any such master plan here, if there is it surely is a very chaotic one.
This is the ANC we are talking about. Nothing they have ever done, has gone smoothly. I'm sure that none of them can even spell the word.

TysonRoux

Expert Member
Dirty incompetent Zupta cadre

DLAMINI NOT OFF THE HOOK FOR POSSIBLE CRIMINAL CHARGES DESPITE RESIGNATION

The DA wanted former social development minister Bathabile Dlamini to be charged with perjury following her testimony at a court-appointed inquiry into her handling of the social grants scandal.

Former minister Bathabile Dlamini’s resignation as a member of Parliament does not mean can't face possible criminal charges.

The Democratic Alliance (DA) laid a criminal complaint against the former social development minister eight months ago.

The party wanted her to be charged with perjury following her testimony at a court-appointed inquiry into her handling of the social grants scandal.

The Constitutional Court also asked the National Prosecuting Authority to consider whether Dlamini should be prosecuted for lying under oath before Judge Bernard Ngoepe.

The near collapse of the social grants system put millions of beneficiaries at risk.

In his inquiry, Judge Ngoepe found Dlamini to have been an evasive witness, while the Constitutional Court said it appeared Dlamini was careful about the testimony she gave to avoid implicating herself.

The DA’s Bridget Masango said the police had yet to make any progress on its complaint against Dlamini.

“We made sure that we followed up with the police, but there was still nothing that had been done. We will make sure [that despite] the fact the former minister has resigned from Parliament, those things will not be left to go unchallenged.”