Bathabile Dlamini Resigns as an MP with Immediate Effect

phaktza

Executive Member
Drunkard POS cadre.

I’M A SINGLE PARENT, THAT PENSION WILL HELP MY FAMILY - DLAMINI ON PARLY EXIT

Former Minister Bathabile Dlamini has told Eyewitness News she resigned from Parliament because she needed the ministerial pension benefits to take care of her family.

Dlamini spoke to EWN in a wide-ranging interview on Wednesday, a day after she resigned claiming she was made a scapegoat for the South African Social Security Agency.
So now we support a bloated cabinet of deputies and a dozen minister's pensions?

I can't think of a job that does not have some sort of pension scheme.
There are many...

And its not job related, but company...

I've worked for 2 different companies that had no pension/provident setup in place and it was left up to the employees to manage that process themselves.

Azg

Expert Member
There are many...

And its not job related, but company...

I've worked for 2 different companies that had no pension/provident setup in place and it was left up to the employees to manage that process themselves.
I know. At my last company it was the same. I just meant there is nothing unusual about an employee having a pension, no matter how useless you think they were at their job.

I know. At my last company it was the same. I just meant there is nothing unusual about an employee having a pension, no matter how useless you think they were at their job.
A pension is one thing...

This lot are granted 4 months salary for every 5 years worked. So for some of the guys, that is a R2.4m payout (since its capped at a full years salary maximum).

This is over and above their pension benefit (which is large as well at 7.5% of their salary + 17% government contribution)

All these incompetent trough feeders that resign should have their pensions "invested" into the various state owned/run companies applicable to their specific portfolios during their tenures as ministers...let's see how quickly the piggies squeal when their pensions are on the line....

This lot are granted 4 months salary for every 5 years worked. So for some of the guys, that is a R2.4m payout (since its capped at a full years salary maximum).
This is over and above their pension benefit (which is large as well at 7.5% of their salary + 17% government contribution)
If ministers do their job ethically and responsibly, then this is not really a huge sum. There are coders here who earn that much amount of money in 2 years. And of course Lew earns that much in an hour.

If ministers do their job ethically and responsibly, then this is not really a huge sum. There are coders here who earn that much amount of money in 2 years. And of course Lew earns that much in an hour.
Umm they get a fscking salary of R2.4m per year ffs... why should they get an additional payout over and above their pension when they resign?

Umm they get a fscking salary of R2.4m per year ffs... why should they get an additional payout over and above their pension when they resign?
:unsure: You got a point. I just randomly checked and SA salaries are at par with UK cabinet ministers.
But, I was thinking more in terms of comparison of huge responsibility as cabinet minister as against SABC CEO who got 4.2million salary. And some other CEO salary examples elsewhere in SOE's.

SABC CEO should probably get 100 rands as compared to cabinet minister getting 2.4 M assuming they both do their jobs properly.

The joke is on them. Is their own political party, and government, not busy looting their own pension money through PIC etc? By the time they can/want to retire, there will be no money in the fund. :ROFL:

krycor

Honorary Master

Remember this is a guaranteed value pension (one of next to none left in SA). So the states debt just climbs though I guess these okes will cry as the rand devalues too.

:unsure: You got a point. I just randomly checked and SA salaries are at par with UK cabinet ministers.
But, I was thinking more in terms of comparison of huge responsibility as cabinet minister as against SABC CEO who got 4.2million salary. And some other CEO salary examples elsewhere in SOE's.

SABC CEO should probably get 100 rands as compared to cabinet minister getting 2.4 M assuming they both do their jobs properly.
Cabinet ministers are not on the same level of CEO's in my opinion at all. The responsibility is political and not economic or business related....

If their salaries are on a par with UK, then our ministers are overpaid by a LARGE margin.

I can not even Google the term “guaranteed value”. Anyway, guarantee as much as you want, if there is no money, or the money has no value, then you are screwed.
Termed officially as Defined Benefit as far as I know...

Aka if you retire on a salary of X, you will get x% of that salary for the rest of your life as a pension... (adjusted for inflation as well if I remember correctly)

But yes, if they plunder the pension fund to death there will be nothing to get, but the country will have gone down in flames before that point anyway.