Best Dsl package?

LeeeoyM

Good Day

i was wondering what would be the best isp to go with for dsl internet
ive seen the afrihost and vox deals (open to others )and wondering which would be the better option and recommendations
i can get 10mbps here so im looking for a good deal that has deals well with international websites and such

and was also wondering how long would it take to go from order to the guy coming and installing

Thanks

m0zy

Expert Member
Try this. Price includes DSL Line rental & DSL account.

MEG101

Hey, Axxess ? I've never heard of it ? Could you please give more details about it please ? I'm kinda interested too.
Good day, I have applied for Just DSL 10mbps Line on 22 December 2020 and immediately got confirmation that the order has been placed with Openserve, and installation will commence from 8 January 2021 as there is a freeze period for all new installations over the festive period. A Openserve technician will be in contact from 8 January 2021. Also the username and password for the DSL account was received. There is no connection fee or installation fee as this covered by Axxess. The service is uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled. You can use as much data as you like. If you already have a telephone cable running into your house, then the service can active sooner than the installation period. I will advise plugging in your router and check every few days if the DSL light blinks and then becomes solid. You can purchase your own ADSL2+ modem or speak to the consultant for modem prices. The prices are very good and starts with R395.00 for 4 Mbps, R595.00 for 10 Mbps, R745.00 for 20 Mbps and R945.00 for 40 Mbps. Speeds are dependent on the speed your area can handle.

Go to the Axxess website www.axxess.co.za/dsl/justdsl and enter your physical address and you will be told if Just DSL is available in your area. Select the line speed and enter your details and a representative will contact you to finalize the application. I hope this answers most of your questions.

Have a good day!!

upup

Executive Member
Speed is also dependent on how far you stay from the exchange. I only get 6 when the line was on 10.

Carlo Koekemoer

Want to know the very weird thing I also applied for that , and now January 30th I got a call from openserve saying a technician will be at my place tomorrow to install the line , so suprised in a good way

Carlo Koekemoer

What I find amazing is that they are still doing a new install on old years day , guy from telkom just phoned me says he see me tommorow 8 am , I was prepared to wait till middle of Jan lol oops I see I put Jan , I meant Dec 30th must be getting over time

MEG101

What I find amazing is that they are still doing a new install on old years day , guy from telkom just phoned me says he see me tommorow 8 am , I was prepared to wait till middle of Jan lol oops I see I put Jan , I meant Dec 30th must be getting over time
You are certainly one of the few lucky ones...I am still waiting for my call. Fingers crossed.

MEG101

Good day, I just want to find out if the technician came out and did your install. Is everything in working order and are you happy with the service? I am still waiting for my line installation and activation.

Supervan II

Expert Member
And here I am, going to and fro with some "service agent" as to whether I want to cancel my order or not ...

FFS, do they only appoint 30-percenters????

My landline is with Telkom and I have WebAfrica as an ISP (two different services altogether) - how difficult is it to understand that I just want a naked DSL service (and Axxess as my ISP)?

MEG101

And here I am, going to and fro with some "service agent" as to whether I want to cancel my order or not ...

FFS, do they only appoint 30-percenters????

My landline is with Telkom and I have WebAfrica as an ISP (two different services altogether) - how difficult is it to understand that I just want a naked DSL service (and Axxess as my ISP)?

As far as I understand, you must first cancel your Telkom ADSL service (Phone line and ADSL line) before you can apply for Just DSL (naked DSL) service from Axxess. The line cannot just be converted to naked DSL without the telephone service. Axxess will then apply to Openserve for Just DSL and then the line wil be activated as there is already a Openserve line running into your house and no need for a techie to come and install a new line. This is what I was told when I applied for Just DSL with Axxess.

Supervan II

Expert Member
Wrong. According to my telecon today (and my support ticket) Axxess cancels the ADSL line and supply me with login details by Tuesday, 11th Jan.

So it's wait and see, methinks.

Carlo Koekemoer

Good day, I just want to find out if the technician came out and did your install. Is everything in working order and are you happy with the service? I am still waiting for my line installation and activation.
Hi , yes the technician came that morning just before 8 am and everything is working 100 percent

MEG101

Wrong. According to my telecon today (and my support ticket) Axxess cancels the ADSL line and supply me with login details by Tuesday, 11th Jan.

So it's wait and see, methinks.
Ok cool, I was under the impression that cancelling the line is the way to go, and applying for a new line then. Please keep us posted when your service is up and running.

MEG101

Hi , yes the technician came that morning just before 8 am and everything is working 100 percent
Cool, I am glad you are happy with the service, I am still waiting for my call from the techie to install the line and making sure it all works well... will keep you guys updated.

MEG101

What a joy not to be dependent on rain with shitty speeds lol and disconnects etc etc
Yes, I am using Rain and it is a PAIN, speeds are crap and must restart modem a few times a day. Really cannot wait to experience fast reliable uncapped unshaped internet like it supposed to be. All this shaping on Rain is really killing me.

Supervan II

Expert Member
Update on my JustDSL application with Axxess:

1. Monday, 11th: Openserve contacts me to "install a new line" - I inform them that I already have one.
2. Tuesday, 12th: Axxess JustDSL service scheduled to begin according to Axxess (via telecon);
3. Wednesday, 13th @ ±16:30: Support Ticket states "Status Closed";
4. Wednesday @ ± 17:30 I query same;
5. Thursday, 14th @ 09:30: Axxess will escalate installation of line with Openserve;
6. Thursday @ 09:31,01: I lose my sheet. Totally lose it. And cancelled - which seems to be what they wanted all along ...

Axxess is probably the most incompetent company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with in my entire life! Their "Customer Service" staff is absolutely clueless of how communications systems work, never mind such complicated concepts as users, line-providers or ISPs.

HTF they still have any customers is beyond me. I flatly refuse to deal with incompetence.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Update on my JustDSL application with Axxess:

1. Monday, 11th: Openserve contacts me to "install a new line" - I inform them that I already have one.
2. Tuesday, 12th: Axxess JustDSL service scheduled to begin according to Axxess (via telecon);
3. Wednesday, 13th @ ±16:30: Support Ticket states "Status Closed";
4. Wednesday @ ± 17:30 I query same;
5. Thursday, 14th @ 09:30: Axxess will escalate installation of line with Openserve;
6. Thursday @ 09:31,01: I lose my sheet. Totally lose it. And cancelled - which seems to be what they wanted all along ...

Axxess is probably the most incompetent company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with in my entire life! Their "Customer Service" staff is absolutely clueless of how communications systems work, never mind such complicated concepts as users, line-providers or ISPs.

HTF they still have any customers is beyond me. I flatly refuse to deal with incompetence.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve though.

Pure Connect is a new line. They can't convert an active dsl line to pure dsl.

It's a separate service that comes with a new service number.

Why did you not let them activate it on the second copper pair. It would function separately to what you had now.