Best Dsl package?

Grouter

Expert Member
Update on my JustDSL application with Axxess:

1. Monday, 11th: Openserve contacts me to "install a new line" - I inform them that I already have one.
2. Tuesday, 12th: Axxess JustDSL service scheduled to begin according to Axxess (via telecon);
3. Wednesday, 13th @ ±16:30: Support Ticket states "Status Closed";
4. Wednesday @ ± 17:30 I query same;
5. Thursday, 14th @ 09:30: Axxess will escalate installation of line with Openserve;
6. Thursday @ 09:31,01: I lose my sheet. Totally lose it. And cancelled - which seems to be what they wanted all along ...

Axxess is probably the most incompetent company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with in my entire life! Their "Customer Service" staff is absolutely clueless of how communications systems work, never mind such complicated concepts as users, line-providers or ISPs.

HTF they still have any customers is beyond me. I flatly refuse to deal with incompetence.
As @cavedog has pointed out above, I think where you went awry was at point # 1. : "I inform them that I already have one".
Pure DSL / Pureconnect is a new product. The process must be followed. Your old line was telkom's: Your new one would be Openserve's. By turning away the Openserve techs for their initial site visit you threw a spanner in the works (so to speak).
Good luck getting it sorted.

cavedog

Honorary Master
As @cavedog has pointed out above, I think where you went awry was at point # 1. : "I inform them that I already have one".
Pure DSL / Pureconnect is a new product. The process must be followed. Your old line was telkom's: Your new one would be Openserve's. By turning away the Openserve techs for their initial site visit you threw a spanner in the works (so to speak).

Indeed they are definitely separate services.

Old one called copper connect needs to have an active voice service.

New one called Pure connect does not have to have voice.

They have different pricing and structures on how they operate and on the openserve ordering portal they are very different.

MEG101

I just wanted to inform you guys how my experience went. On Tuesday afternoon got a call from Openserve that my installation was booked for Wednesday at 10:00 I was very impressed with the fast service after the freeze period and told them to go ahead. Line was installed on Wednesday and I plugged in the modem and line synced with the exchange and DSL light blinked and got steady and internet light blinked and I assumed I was connected to the internet. WiFi said "Connected without internet" I checked all the settings and they are all correct. I contacted support and they said that the line still needs to be signed over and the process will take anything from 24 to 48 hours. I checked this morning and still no internet - line still stuck on "Suspended - Line Awaiting Provider Completion - Pending" So needless to say, I still do not have any internet. Hopefully I will have internet on Saturday...I will be on Axxess support if this weekend the line is not working...Will keep you guys posted.

Grouter

Expert Member
I just wanted to inform you guys how my experience went. On Tuesday afternoon got a call from Openserve that my installation was booked for Wednesday at 10:00 I was very impressed with the fast service after the freeze period and told them to go ahead. Line was installed on Wednesday and I plugged in the modem and line synced with the exchange and DSL light blinked and got steady and internet light blinked and I assumed I was connected to the internet. WiFi said "Connected without internet" I checked all the settings and they are all correct. I contacted support and they said that the line still needs to be signed over and the process will take anything from 24 to 48 hours. I checked this morning and still no internet - line still stuck on "Suspended - Line Awaiting Provider Completion - Pending" So needless to say, I still do not have any internet. Hopefully I will have internet on Saturday...I will be on Axxess support if this weekend the line is not working...Will keep you guys posted.
Same experience here. Although the Openserve techs did the line install within 72 hours of my order, it took their admin department 2 weeks to process the paperwork through to, in my case, Vox telecom.
You'll just have to wait...

cavedog

Honorary Master

Check that vpi and vci settings are correct for adsl or vlan setting for vdsl.

Try using the Telkom guest account and do a speedtest on saix.net

Username: guest@openserve
Password: guest

Supervan II

Expert Member
Indeed they are definitely separate services.

Old one called copper connect needs to have an active voice service.

New one called Pure connect does not have to have voice.

They have different pricing and structures on how they operate and on the openserve ordering portal they are very different.
Now why did someone at a Axxess not state that it is a totally different line? Nowhere is that fact mentioned at all? The Openserve technician also did not mention anything of the sort - he, in fact, verified that I did not require a new/different line based on my telephone number ...

Grouter

Expert Member
Now why did someone at a Axxess not state that it is a totally different line? Nowhere is that fact mentioned at all? The Openserve technician also did not mention anything of the sort - he, in fact, verified that I did not require a new/different line based on my telephone number ...
Openserve may well utilise the existing copper wire to your house, but back at the exchange they move it off the POTS system and place it on a new DSLAM / ISAM / MSAN port. At least that's how my guys explained it to me.
They also explained to me that they are obliged to test the line for noise, and also ensure that the line is capable of the speed the customer ordered.
It is in effect a "handover" of ownership of the line from Telkom's retail billing department to Openserve's wholesale division.
None of which they explained to you obviously!

cavedog

Honorary Master

He might have been mistaken.

If you want to keep you landline number you can do that. Get pure dsl on the second pair of copper cables.

They will function as separate services.

MEG101

Check that vpi and vci settings are correct for adsl or vlan setting for vdsl.

Try using the Telkom guest account and do a speedtest on saix.net

Username: guest@openserve
Password: guest
Thank you, I will make sure all the settings are correct, as far as I know the VPI is 8 and the VCI is 35. Not sure about the VLAN settings for VDSL. I ordered a 10mbps line.

MEG101

Same experience here. Although the Openserve techs did the line install within 72 hours of my order, it took their admin department 2 weeks to process the paperwork through to, in my case, Vox telecom.
You'll just have to wait...
Thank you for the reply. I will just have to wait until everything is sorted out and working. Hopefully this is happening soon. Rain is killing my household with their pathetic 360p streaming and shaping crap.

Carlo Koekemoer

Thank you for the reply. I will just have to wait until everything is sorted out and working. Hopefully this is happening soon. Rain is killing my household with their pathetic 360p streaming and shaping crap.
Hi there , same happened with me but I contacted Axxess and told them the technician could not close the order cause of head office being offline , and they immediately activated it when I paid .

MEG101

Hi there , same happened with me but I contacted Axxess and told them the technician could not close the order cause of head office being offline , and they immediately activated it when I paid .
Good day, wierd thing is I am receiving pro rata invoiced for over a month now showing R0.00, so I am not sure what the amount is that I am owing. Looks like I have to contact them via Call Centre as my tickets since last weeks remains unanswered.

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Telkom has cancelled my contract (R640 pm for 4MB ADSL and voice bundle). Cancelled on 11 Jan but it seems I will still have to pay until March, and a cancellation fee is needed because of the 24 month contract.

Any ideas?

arrkyna

Telkom has cancelled my contract (R640 pm for 4MB ADSL and voice bundle). Cancelled on 11 Jan but it seems I will still have to pay until March, and a cancellation fee is needed because of the 24 month contract.

Any ideas?
Were you desperate that you had sign with Telkom:crying:

MEG101

Finally Good News!! My Line was activated Monday 18 January 2021 and still my internet was not working. I had to set the router up from scratch again, and after reboot - voila - internet is working and so far so good. Pure internet joy! It is purely uncapped unshaped unthrottled internet - the way the internet should be. All is working well and I am very happy so far.

elriconess

Finally Good News!! My Line was activated Monday 18 January 2021 and still my internet was not working. I had to set the router up from scratch again, and after reboot - voila - internet is working and so far so good. Pure internet joy! It is purely uncapped unshaped unthrottled internet - the way the internet should be. All is working well and I am very happy so far.
Please post a speed test.