Best printer, scanner, copier 3 in 1 combo?

spider69

I currently have a scanner (Epson Perfection 2480 Photo) but my Wife has to scan copy and print many documents daily and the amount of time spent in scanning, saving, printing etc is driving me crazy. Anyone know of a good quality printer, scanner, copier 3 in 1 combo? The scanner and printer part doesnt have to to be high resolution and super fancy, but it must be able to cope with about 100 scans a day and spit out the copies without too much interface. Also what about cartridge costs, I dont facy having to spend R700 just to replace the cartridges once a week?
Any Ideas?

P.S. Where is the best place to unload my current hp deskjet? No need for two printers and twice the cartridge costs...

killadoob

Honorary Master
cant your scanner scan to printer?

i dunno but my hp has a button i press and it scans and prints it

donate it to charity man, that hp deskjet is worth nothing

JayN

Probably your cheapest bet would be to have a 3-in-1 with an ethernet card, which prints to a Colour LaserJet, e.g. HP 2600N for colour. Most ethernet 3-in-1's scan to another network printer. This way you save on the inkjet costs, roughly R 2.70 a print for ink and R 0.90 per print for colour laserjet. Printer gets paid for after 2000 prints (or a month).

I'm sure someone here could suggest a good ethernet 3-in-1 that does this???

mh348

Expert Member
I also need a scanner with adf, I don't really need a printer but the combos seem to be cheaper than the HP scanjet scanners with adf

@ killadoob, what model do u have, I saw a HP 5610, but I'm not sure if it has a adf.

spider69

killadoob, maybe missing something but I cant seem to find it. The schlep of scanning something running to PC then printing gets my goat. JayN, thanks for the idea.

Lino

I am back
Dude I got myself a HP F2180 a couple of months back and all I can its an excellent printer. Not too expensive, simple to use and cartridges do not cost an arm and an leg.

Highly recommended!

eitai2001

Expert Member
I've got a Canon MP800 ... I love it, and the ink lasts long (I print a lot too). If you want a really awesome one with ADF, then look at the MX700, otherwise look at the MX310. The MX700 is super fast though, same speed as my printer, and it really is fast. I've printed >20 B/W pages in under a minute a few times. Plus it has full duplex printing, so you can print double sided without ever touching the paper.

GTi

Expert Member
I'm looking at getting myself a HP C4283, Anyone got one, if so what are your thoughts of this model? Thanx

eitai2001

Expert Member
Me, I don't like HP's ... always had hassles with every one I had ... but thats just me, I'm sure they probably got better since I last had one, but I will stick to my Canons :)

dionb

Allways avoid the bottom end of the range - price wise. All manufacturers have something to entertain that low cost printer, most are cr@p.

Inkjet - go for single ink. Canon seems most reasonable overall on that department. I have an MP510, but for your volumes, I think you should look a bit higher possible. Then they have more than 4 ink cartridges.
Some of the HP single ink units have very high page yield per cartridge by the way - close to entry laser.
Both HP and Canon have units with user replaceable heads as opposed to epson, who do not.

Got a customer a Canon 8180 colour laser with ethernet and all recently. Wild, but the consumables get heavy though.

On basic copier, which is also a laser printer and scanner... Samsung are cheapest, but the toner is not the cheapest normally.

JohnnyQ

I saw a HP 5610, but I'm not sure if it has a adf.

The HP 5610 Officejet does have an adf and is not a bad option. Incidentally it is a 4-in-1, has a built in fax as well.

The thing with cost of printing on this HP model is that you can use refilled cartridges as the heads are on the cartridge, so if they clog get a new cartridge. The other printer makes has separate heads, that is part of the printer, the replacement cartridges are only ink tanks, so if they clog you dump the printer.

PS. Remember, all sub $300 printers are seen as "disposable" by the manufacturers.

mh348

Expert Member
Another one that looks good is the Samsung SCX-4521F

(Four in one Laser, 20ppm black, 600dpi, print/copy/fax/col scan)

killadoob

Honorary Master
killadoob, maybe missing something but I cant seem to find it. The schlep of scanning something running to PC then printing gets my goat. JayN, thanks for the idea.

no dude my scanjet 2400 is simple i put the page in press the botton and it copies it direct to my printer

no running anywhere

straight from scanner to printer

i dont save anything, its like a photo copier

spider69

Thanks for the responses. Is there maybe software that could help with my problem?