Better ISP than Afrihost?

Pierre_B

I've been with Afrihost for a number of years now but due to their horrible customer service with my Fibre order I want to mov to a new ISP. I was hoping someone would be able to assist with choosing a new ISP - one who actually replies to queries in a timely manner. I'm currently living in Somerset West.

My experience with Afrihost Fibre:
About 2 weeks ago I placed my order for fibre with Afrihost/OpenServe. To my surprise I received a sms from OpenServe the next day informing me that my fibre is active and ready to use - and an invoice from Afrihost. Although my internet was active and I'm being billed for the use I haven't receive my router from Afrihost. Fortunately they delivered the router the following day I but when I tried to connect there was no port on the box for a Ethernet cable.

I contacted Afrihost to assist me with how to get the router connected and they came to the conclusion that OpenServe did not a proper installation - they didn't install the ONT box. I then requested they credit me what I paid as I was being billed for Fibre that I did not have - which they did. Up to this point their service was excellent!

After this point everything went south. Support told me they will recreate the order so that OpenServe can come and install the ONT box. I then received a notification that they tried to take R2800 from my bank account for "OpenServe installation" fees. I asked them about it and was told it would be credited once the Fibre has been installed/fixed - but they are unable to give any indication when this would be. In the course of last week I was billed multiple times for "OpenServe installation" - currently sitting at R11 000 in arrears due to it. I've sent multiple mails requesting an update/order number but they seem to ignore my mails.

I was finally on Saturday - after a week of struggling - able to get in touch with someone who was able to confirm that a order was indeed placed with OpenServe - was created on the Friday. I still, however, do not know when I'm getting Fibre or when my account will be rectify.

OCP

Expert Member
Cool ideas for fibre/connectivity

Domains.co.za for hosting

Monka

I've been with Afrihost for a number of years now but due to their horrible customer service with my Fibre order I want to mov to a new ISP. I was hoping someone would be able to assist with choosing a new ISP - one who actually replies to queries in a timely manner. I'm currently living in Somerset West.

My experience with Afrihost Fibre:
About 2 weeks ago I placed my order for fibre with Afrihost/OpenServe. To my surprise I received a sms from OpenServe the next day informing me that my fibre is active and ready to use - and an invoice from Afrihost. Although my internet was active and I'm being billed for the use I haven't receive my router from Afrihost. Fortunately they delivered the router the following day I but when I tried to connect there was no port on the box for a Ethernet cable.

I contacted Afrihost to assist me with how to get the router connected and they came to the conclusion that OpenServe did not a proper installation - they didn't install the ONT box. I then requested they credit me what I paid as I was being billed for Fibre that I did not have - which they did. Up to this point their service was excellent!

After this point everything went south. Support told me they will recreate the order so that OpenServe can come and install the ONT box. I then received a notification that they tried to take R2800 from my bank account for "OpenServe installation" fees. I asked them about it and was told it would be credited once the Fibre has been installed/fixed - but they are unable to give any indication when this would be. In the course of last week I was billed multiple times for "OpenServe installation" - currently sitting at R11 000 in arrears due to it. I've sent multiple mails requesting an update/order number but they seem to ignore my mails.

I was finally on Saturday - after a week of struggling - able to get in touch with someone who was able to confirm that a order was indeed placed with OpenServe - was created on the Friday. I still, however, do not know when I'm getting Fibre or when my account will be rectify.
Please PM your name and number

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Hey Pierre_B

I am so sorry that your experience with us has been poor. This is not the service we wish for our clients. Please drop me a direct message so I can sort this out for you.

Regards
AfriFella

smc

Any other ISP is better than Afrihost. But Cool Ideas has worked well for me.