Big downtime at Afrihost

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Big downtime at Afrihost

Afrihost's website, hosting services, and network are experiencing major issues this morning.

According to reports on DownDetector and social media, Afrihost web hosting and email customers are unable to access their respective services, with many users reporting that the ISPs Internet services are also unavailable.

pedruid

Expert Member
I have been online listening to the Zondo inquiry without any problems.

KrispyRen

I think I became an Afrihost client in 2009. Their service was great. Their deals were great. Nowadays they have massive outages, their staff is arrogant, their service is dismal.

I've been waiting 4 weeks for a 2 week Fibre installation. The person that helped me confirmed that it would take another 5 days, only to year 10 days later that the order is still sitting with the "Ops department". I already cancelled most of my products with them, and I'll take all the clients that I signed with Afrihost with.

bromster

Expert Member
I ordered fibre the other day. Installed 2 days later. Working that night.

It was down last night though

RiD1

I've been waiting 4 weeks for a 2 week Fibre installation. The person that helped me confirmed that it would take another 5 days, only to year 10 days later that the order is still sitting with the "Ops department". I already cancelled most of my products with them
Interesting, I placed a fibre order on 6th March 2019 - I still have no fibre, my order has been escalated to the fibre ops team about 3 times.

I'm only with Afrihost for their kindness of rescuing me from Crystalweb's messup.

But this is bad - but from my side do I blame Afrihost or Vuma?

If I cancel, what happens to the router they sent me (which arrived a few days after my order), do I get to keep it? Do they send a courier at their expense?

I already PM'd afriguy and Afriman on here on Wednesday noon but still no response, which is also strange.

XysteR

I think I became an Afrihost client in 2009. Their service was great. Their deals were great. Nowadays they have massive outages, their staff is arrogant, their service is dismal.

I've been waiting 4 weeks for a 2 week Fibre installation. The person that helped me confirmed that it would take another 5 days, only to year 10 days later that the order is still sitting with the "Ops department". I already cancelled most of my products with them, and I'll take all the clients that I signed with Afrihost with.
Same experience. Used to be great - now they just don't care about customer service

pedruid

Expert Member
If you are listening to the Zondo inquiry, you do have problems. All of us have.
best drama on TV. Only hope that jail sentences are appropriate. I’m early 80’s so might not be around to see end result.

shooter_za

Anyone actually chose the "free month" the offer you at cancellation time? Any catches? I need to make up for a month of paying for something I did not get and them not wanting to refund me.