Blood Pressure...

TonyA

Expert Member
I think 120/80 is the norm. Doctors tend to freak when the lower figure goes above 90 - 100.

ace_rizzle

a BP of 110/60 is perfectly normal. a BP of 130/90 is perfectly normal too.

you guys worry too much. you need to look at the diastolic component (the bottom number). if it's > 100, you should worry.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
a BP of 110/60 is perfectly normal. a BP of 130/90 is perfectly normal too.

you guys worry too much. you need to look at the diastolic component (the bottom number). if it's > 100, you should worry.
You think guys without pressure problems don't stress by nature ? :p

AnomalyNexus

yep, you can also suffer with low blood pressure too. Just as dangerous.
Huh?:confused:
wiki hypertension said:
Persistent hypertension is one of the risk factors for strokes, heart attacks, heart failure and arterial aneurysms, and is the leading cause of chronic renal failure
vs
wiki hypotension said:
Hypotension is a medical concern only if it causes signs or symptoms, such as dizziness, fainting, or in extreme cases, shock.

She then put me on prexum plus which has a beta blocker, but the side effects just got worse, so she then put me on a different class of meds called Ziak. Once all the side effects cleared, I noticed there was one thing that kept happening - major palpitations, at random times of the day. This went on for awhile, I didn't notice any particular pattern to the occurrences, so I spoke to the doc about it. She suggested I try lay off caffeine.
omg.:eek: Can't believe she tried 3 types of meds before cutting caffeine. Totally irresponsible imo given the amount of side-effects these heart meds have.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
She then put me on prexum plus which has a beta blocker, but the side effects just got worse, so she then put me on a different class of meds called Ziak.
AFAIK Prexum Plus does NOT contain a beta blocker. It's an ACE inhibitor (like Prexum) with a diuretic.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Father has had both extremes. Was hypertensive but with the collapse of certain neck veins he also gets low blood pressure. Basically it can cause him to pass out and it makes you more susceptable to a heart attack in that state. Like everything in life, middle ground is king.

What's the perfect one?
Doc said I have that. 120/something?
120ish is good, but it also depends on your fitness levels and such.

Perfect is 120/80 :D

I'd say anything above 150 (constantly) needs to be looked at...
Anything more than 200 is SCREAMING DANGER DANGER!

Pho3nix

The Legend
120ish is good, but it also depends on your fitness levels and such.

Perfect is 120/80 :D

I'd say anything above 150 (constantly) needs to be looked at...
Anything more than 200 is SCREAMING DANGER DANGER!
Remember having high blood pressure when I was younger.. Not fun :(.
Strange that as I'm more stressed now my BP is better than then.

waynegohl

Ancient Astronaut
My blood pressure has been up abouts the 180 over something and passed out 3 times on the plane to the UK on our way to the usa. I have passed out twice here in florida and was diagnosed in London and in Florida with high blood pressure. If you fly Virgin Atlantic and something happens to do and you need medical assistance, you can be sure you ain't leaving the UK without a letter from a doctor saying you can fly.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Depends on whether I make a conscious effort to relax during the test. If yes then <120 over 80(?), if not...seen it as high as 140.