Breaking Apple Addiction

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Morning all,

so all going to plan, im getting a S10 today. Last android i used was a S2 , but now im wondering , have the proverbial "they" found a way to move my whatsapp messages from iOS to Android yet?

Any tips on needed apps?

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Its not an Apple Addiction, its called a product choice. You can choose.
People love hating on Apple products, mainly because of envy fueled displeasure.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Step 1. Open WhatsApp on iPhone and log in your account.
Step 2. Navigate to "Settings" > "Chats" > "Chat Backup".
Step 3. Tap the "Back Up Now" button to start backing up current WhatsApp Data.
Step 4. Download and install WhatsApp on your Android phone.
Step 5. Sign in WhatsApp account. WhatsApp will pop up asking you whether to restore data from backup for the first time.
Step 6. Choose on "Restore" if prompted to restore from WhatsApp iCloud, and wait until it's done.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Step 5. Sign in WhatsApp account. WhatsApp will pop up asking you whether to restore data from backup for the first time.
Step 6. Choose on "Restore" if prompted to restore from WhatsApp iCloud, and wait until it's done.
Thanks sand_man that's what I do when I get a new device..

3WA

Honorary Master

Are you sure this works from the iOS to Android version of WhatsApp? I did it Android to iOS about a year ago and backups weren't compatible across platform.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
That's new - last time I looked into it WA iOS backed up exclusively to iCloud, WA Android backed up exclusively to Google Drive (?) and never the twain shall meet.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
That's new - last time I looked into it WA iOS backed up exclusively to iCloud, WA Android backed up exclusively to Google Drive (?) and never the twain shall meet.

This is what ive been reading, one would think that by now they would have found a way to migrate from one to the other :(

sand_man

Honorary Master
If you have Google drive installed on your iPhone is there not an option to choose where to save the chat backup? IE icloud or drive?

neoprema

Executive Member
Its not an Apple Addiction, its called a product choice. You can choose.
People love hating on Apple products, mainly because of envy fueled displeasure.

Exactly! I'll stick with my Apples thank you.