Cell C HSDPA not working

steed

Hi everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S i9000 phone. My HSDPA has stopped working completely on my line/sim. Even after simswap it still does not work. I have verified the phone itself works with a Vodacom SIM and with another Cell C contract SIM/Line.

My APN settings for cell c are correct (added via sms), and if I force the phone to use GSM only, I can still get Edge Data.

I have an outstanding complaint about this with Cell C here http://www.hellopeter.com/cell-c/complaints/hsdpa-packet-data-not-working-no-support-858765

The woman I have been dealing with, Jillian Grandells, has been ignoring my emails, and I still have no feedback from Cell C to fix this problem.

Can anyone here give me any suggestions, both for fixing the problem, and/or dealing with Cell C and their appalling lack of support ?

Thanks,

Steed.

Last edited:

fruitbat

Expert Member
Hi everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S i9000 phone. My HSDPA has stopped working completely on my line/sim. Even after simswap it still does not work. I have verified the phone itself works with a Vodacom SIM and with another Cell C contract SIM/Line.

My APN settings for cell c are correct (added via sms), and if I force the phone to use GSM only, I can still get Edge Data.

I have an outstanding complaint about this with Cell C here http://www.hellopeter.com/cell-c/complaints/hsdpa-packet-data-not-working-no-support-858765

The woman I have been dealing with, Jillian Grandells, has been ignoring my emails, and I still have no feedback from Cell C to fix this problem.

Can anyone here give me any suggestions, both for fixing the problem, and/or dealing with Cell C and their appalling lack of support ?

Thanks,

Steed.

Hi,

Don't think this will help you, but maybe give you some hope? My cellc sim for my iPad dropped to edge for about 2weeks. Then it came back onto normal 3G connectivity from last weekend. This is in the cape town, southern suburbs area. I logged a call with cellc and got nothing back, cept it was "fixed" 2 weeks later. Hope yours sorts itself out too.

Good luck

Keegan

Expert Member
Sometimes the data part of the contract isn't added, or isn't added correctly.

I’m sure the Cellc_guy will come to your assistance soon.

steed

Sometimes the data part of the contract isn't added, or isn't added correctly.

I’m sure the Cellc_guy will come to your assistance soon.

I am hoping somebody will pay attention. I first noticed this problem on 19/07/2012. My attempts at getting support from Cell C so far have been absolutely frustrating.

I believe the problem is with my line, as if I use a different sim in the phone it just works. Have tried with both a different Cell C contract and with a Vodacom prepaid sim so far. My own sim was simswapped by the store and that did not fix the problem.

steed

Does any one know the member name of this cell c guy so that I could perhaps PM him ?

Fox1

Executive Member
Try asking Cell C support on Twitter. They seem helpful on Twitter.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Steed

Please email me your contact details so we can get in touch and resolve your query asap.

Thanks
MP