Choosing a gaming mouse

flashfire208

Hi guys getting a new gaming mouse mainly for Cod4 and other shooters, iv narrowed it down to the following 6 mouses (apparently its mouses when connected to a pc , lol)
-cyber snipa Stinger (looks comfy , decent price and specs )
-razer diamondback(heard good things , but looks like it's gonna be as easy to use as a wet bar of soap)
-OCZ behmoth or eclipse (nice prices but both a little small )
-ms sidewinder(looks comfy , and is the longest)
-steel series ikari optical (looks comfy , big)

As you can see , i like my comfort :) as i have really big hands and fitting them onto small mice results in failure / being epicly pwned online

So my main question is if any of you guys have any of these or have tried any of these and what did you think?

Thanks in advance

eitai2001

Expert Member
I don't like the Razor's ... I had one myself, and my hand used to get sore on it ... and it jumped every now and then which was irritating. Perhaps they got better, but I haven't cared to find out.

I'd also say Logitech ... or Microsoft. Although the OCZ Dominatrix I think it is is a very nice mouse.

flashfire208

Geez you guys arent helping ! :) could one of you guys do me a favour tho - if you have a g5 pls measure how long and wide it is . The logitech website doesnt say

CrzWaco

Expert Member
I don't like the Razor's ... I had one myself, and my hand used to get sore on it ... and it jumped every now and then which was irritating. Perhaps they got better, but I haven't cared to find out.

I'd also say Logitech ... or Microsoft. Although the OCZ Dominatrix I think it is is a very nice mouse.
+1
Yeah stay away from the razor's mice they just way too uncomfortable, rather go Logitech or microsoft.

"Somewhere" the plural of mouse is mice when you talk about a computer mouse :p

Last edited:

Kuga

Expert Member
AFAIK the MX518 is the same shape as the G5, it just doesn't have the two thumb buttons and on the fly sensitivity changer.
I have the MX518, and it has the two thumb buttons and on the fly sensitivity buttons :rolleyes:

flashfire208

Went to bt games earlier luckily they had most of the mice/mouses in stock (btw they are hard to "try" through the packaging ;) ) so iv narrowed it down to the
-ms sidewinder(rediculously cool looking - overpriced)
-cyber snipa( best value for money imo )
- mx518 (very nice , decent price why is it cheaper than g5 btw , just wish i could actually try it ). They are all still too small for me though :( but what can ya do !

Thanx for the input so far guys - keep em coming

Bismuth

Expert Member
When sniping with the Razer Deathadder, it's as if your enemies are standing still....
...or maybe worried that they will slip on a bar of soap! :D

I have found it a killer, especially when combined with the Razer eXactMat - Speed side!.

B

cyberarmy

Expert Member
I own a Razer Copperhead and MS SideWinder.

Copperhead is more comfortable, but the micro switch is bad, left click became double click after a month use (too sensitive).

SideWinder is for people with big palms (not me). Quality OK, can adjust weight. but functional keys positioned stupid.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
If you have big hands get the logitech g5.

It may have the shape of the 518, but it's newer, is laser not optical and has a weight cartridge system.

It really would be the best for you.

Solitude

Executive Member
I would have to agree, rather get the G5 than the mx518. The G5 is laser based and the mx518 is optical based. Especially at higher screen resolutions the extra sensitivity of the laser becomes apparent.

I'm surprised that you mentioned that the mx518 seems a bit small for you hand since most people with large hands tend to go for the mx518 and G5. I find the Sidewinder too big for me, but maybe it would be ideal for you.

My recommendations:
ZBoard Reaper Edge: http://www.prophecy.co.za/zboard-reaper-edge-black-with-orange-light-p-23433.html

It's a great looking mouse with a similar shape to the G5. It feels great and it's a bit cheaper than some of the more known brands.

Microsoft Sidewinder X5 http://www.prophecy.co.za/microsoft-sidewinder-laser-gaming-mouse-with-custom-tuning-p-31594.html

It's a downgrade from the normal Sidewinder but it's cheaper. If you like the way it sits in your hand then this may be the one for you.

Otherwise the G5 or the normal Sidewinder. Everyone tends to be happy with a G5 though.

flashfire208

Thanks so far guys - that reaper edge you recommended is the same mouse as the cyber snipa stinger , lol just a different brand.

Problem is i can only find the G5 special edition online ( probably more than regular G5 ) i think my friends have may have some of the mice mentiond and will try them out at the upcoming lan , just what am i going to use at the lan ?