crackersa

Honorary Master
i'm an xbox fan, but I would recommend going PS4 just cause the sheer number of players on the PS4.

Ridolfc

Expert Member
I have a PS4 and I love it but just google XBOX Project scorpio. That thing will be amazing when released.

crackersa

Honorary Master
I have a PS4 and I love it but just google XBOX Project scorpio. That thing will be amazing when released.

My concern is the number of players for it. Releasing consoles so soon might hurt or may boost. Never been done before so hard to gauge.

Dom8

I saw some of the stuff for it and when I googled now the first link that came up was how to build a pc that is better than the released stuff for scorpio :crylaugh:

Dom8

But with Neo and the One S coming out I have an even harder time making the choice because the brick of a power supply is falling away from xbox.

I don't really mind how many players are on a certain console. I just can't seem to decide so I might just say screw it and get a 3DS and the new pokemon games and leave the whole thing

crackersa

Honorary Master
I saw some of the stuff for it and when I googled now the first link that came up was how to build a pc that is better than the released stuff for scorpio :crylaugh:

lol@google trolling

Dom8

They are mortal enemies so it makes sense that google would do something like that on purpose

Kerrits

Dark Souls I, II, III

Demon's Souls was a PS3 exclusive, and Bloodborne is a PS4 exclusive, so based on that I would say get a PS4.

Dark Souls 1 and 2 are not on the PS4, so if you REALLY want to play them, you will need to get a prev gen console. Or an XBox one and hope for backwards compatibility. I would rather skip those two on console and get get a PS4 for Bloodborne though.

DS1, as awesome as it is, has some bad framerate issues. There's a fix for it on PC.
I haven't played 2, but from what I've read it's not by the same producer and apparently not as good as the others.

Havox

Hi

Both consoles have their exclusives, and keep in mind you won't be playing the games you mentioned forever (and I don't think any of them are exclusive)

So I'd consider the "other" features.

For a start the Xbox is far superior as a media centre. And Xbox live is far superior over PS network. A gold subscription on Xbox will give you 2 free games a month for R150. Not bad.

In saying that, PS4 is maybe more reliable, and more the "gamers console"

But, the internet is full of Ps4 vs XboxOne fights, careful of the advice you take and consider the things that are important to you.

Either one will give you lots o pleasure.

Good luck!

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Hi

Both consoles have their exclusives, and keep in mind you won't be playing the games you mentioned forever (and I don't think any of them are exclusive)

So I'd consider the "other" features.

For a start the Xbox is far superior as a media centre. And Xbox live is far superior over PS network. A gold subscription on Xbox will give you 2 free games a month for R150. Not bad.

In saying that, PS4 is maybe more reliable, and more the "gamers console"

But, the internet is full of Ps4 vs XboxOne fights, careful of the advice you take and consider the things that are important to you.

Either one will give you lots o pleasure.

Good luck!

Also backwards compatibility is a big plus. And now they've also worked out how to do multi-disc BC.

Having said that, just go with whichever one has the exclusives that appeal more to you.

All these fanboy arguments about graphics and whatever are just childish. I have both and can't tell the difference during gameplay, so you won't go wrong either way...

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
So the games I want to play on a console are:

Assassin's Creed: Unity and Syndicate
Minecraft
Call of Duty: Black Ops II & III
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Resident Evil 7 (When it's released next year)
Dark Souls I, II, III
And maybe a few other titles that looks interesting.

Which console would you guys recommend I buy? :confused:
I should also mention that my aunt has a gift for me from overseas that I should have gotten quite a while ago. Here is to hoping it's a console so I don't have to make the decision myself

A couple things to tae into account.

Number of players. Will make getting second hand games much easier.
Do you have a PC? Most xbox exclusives also come to pc.

You only listed one FPS there and no TPS. That alone should be an indication to rather go PS4. When it comes to range of genres PS4 has the bigger range while xbox is more focused on FPS and TPS.

Dom8

A laptop that can barely run Mirror's Edge 1 yes -_-

I don't think that I have ever played a third person shooter but I have "finished" ES: Oblivion on a loaned Pc way back.

I think I am starting to lean towards PS4 and I will probably only be interested in VR when it is cheaper (and launched) so no need for the .5 gens being released now

Seylan

@Kerrits, Dark Souls 2 IS on PS4 (and XB1), Scholar of the First Sin edition.

reactor_sa

Executive Member
I have both consoles.
First off, the xbone is better value for money. Its generally cheaper to purchase, and Xbox live has better free games every month.
The xbone controller is also a zillion times better than the dualshock controller (more comfortable, feels more premium, and batteries last forever).
Then we come to graphics, the ps4 has more compute power, games generally look better and run at a more stable frame rate.
Exclusive titles, both have, ps4 usually has more exclusives than Xbox. The exclusives that come to mind on xbone are Forza, gears of war, halo, fable, rise of the tomb raider (available on PC too).
On PlayStation the ones that come to my mind are uncharted, the last of us, ratchet and clank, God of war, infamous.
Xbone also has backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games.

Dom8

I have both consoles.
First off, the xbone is better value for money. Its generally cheaper to purchase, and Xbox live has better free games every month.
The xbone controller is also a zillion times better than the dualshock controller (more comfortable, feels more premium, and batteries last forever).
Then we come to graphics, the ps4 has more compute power, games generally look better and run at a more stable frame rate.
Exclusive titles, both have, ps4 usually has more exclusives than Xbox. The exclusives that come to mind on xbone are Forza, gears of war, halo, fable, rise of the tomb raider (available on PC too).
On PlayStation the ones that come to my mind are uncharted, the last of us, ratchet and clank, God of war, infamous.
Xbone also has backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games.

Which one would you say run COD: Black Ops 3 better?

Last edited:

Seylan

Which one would you say run COD: Black Ops 3 better?

Differences between how B03 runs will be almost unnoticeable in real life, although from what I've read, the PS4 performs slightly better. But you shouldn't choose a console over the other just because it can run 1 game better. If you really into B03, then go for the PS4, as the new partnership thing means you get the new DLC maps before PC and XB1 (although that isn't such a big deal since 3 of the 4 DLC's have already been released). BTW, matchmaking in South Africa for B03 is terrible due to the small player count, which is why I stopped playing the game.

Lupus

Honorary Master
If you go to cdkeys.com you can also get games reasonably cheap for the One, I got Assassins creed unity for a couple of dollars, worked out to R50 at the time, now it looks like it would be closer to R30