lestoran

I have both consoles.
Same here.

First off, the xbone is better value for money. Its generally cheaper to purchase, and Xbox live has better free games every month.
Agreed

The xbone controller is also a zillion times better than the dualshock controller (more comfortable, feels more premium, and batteries last forever).
Personal thing that. Like them both but may have a very slight preference for the dualshock. Battery thing is true - at least 5x longer than PS4.

Then we come to graphics, the ps4 has more compute power, games generally look better and run at a more stable frame rate.
I cannot tell the difference at all. I have in many cases downloaded a demo for both and compared. Trust me you cannot tell unless you are comparing stills.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I have both but prefer the Xbox One.
For all the moaning from fanboys about graphics, I can't tell the difference during gameplay. Also find myself play more on my X1 than PS4, but that's probably because Live is a better package than PSN...

Iceman360

For all the moaning from fanboys about graphics, I can't tell the difference during gameplay. Also find myself play more on my X1 than PS4, but that's probably because Live is a better package than PSN...
And the controller is miles better imo.

lestoran

In my case I think its mostly due to the fact that I have more games on XBOX1:

- Live Gold has really great games vs. PSN
- You can play most of the free XBox360 games as well.
- Insane specials on Gold - especially older 360 games that just became compatible.
- Insane specials on CDKeys

Once I actually play a game I can easily forget which one I'm using - experience is pretty much the same.

Dom8

If you go to cdkeys.com you can also get games reasonably cheap for the One, I got Assassins creed unity for a couple of dollars, worked out to R50 at the time, now it looks like it would be closer to R30

I will google how cd keys work.
But I wanted to ask if I keep the cdkeys game and still play solo when my live account for example expires?

Dom8

This, this and more THIS ^^

PS users outnumber Xbox users by a country mile in SA.

The other thing is that the Xbox One S is so much cheaper than the ps4 at the moment so I am leaning more towards that atm

Lupus

Honorary Master
I will google how cd keys work.
But I wanted to ask if I keep the cdkeys game and still play solo when my live account for example expires?

Any game you buy, will be yours for the entirety of your account, regardless of live status.

Dom8

Live is a bit more expensive but I have checked out some of the games and it is more appealing to me. Price wise as well a the moment

Dom8

Any game you buy, will be yours for the entirety of your account, regardless of live status.

Okay, that is a huge +1 then because if I can get a game for less money then I will be able to buy all the dlc's for it easily

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Live is a bit more expensive but I have checked out some of the games and it is more appealing to me. Price wise as well a the moment
You can get a 1 year subscription on cdkeys for much cheaper...

Dom8

Just for interests sake who is not waiting for Project Scorpio and getting the Xbox One S?