At least you got your guys to see it. With all the issues Octotel is having and the fact that my copper line can't do it either I don't even know where to start. The really bizarre thing for me was that over the christmas holidays twitch was perfect. For almost 20 days I could stream twitch any time of day at any quality with no issues. I do also remember a while ago I borrowed a friend's Telkom data wireless router, it managed to stream twitch just fine so I honestly don't know whats going on.
I'd like to blame international capacity but I just don't know enough about how the networks are setup to even make a guess. I'm just a guy throwing darts at a dart board, blindfolded in a pitch black room watching my buffer wheel go round and round.
This is typical usage pattern for me watching twitch:
View attachment 637518
As you can see the average is way down, like 300-400 KB/s with pretty much random peaks which makes the stream impossible to watch.
When its working properly it should just be a flat consistent line:
View attachment 637520
Constantly pulling 1000-1200KB/s.
Sucks twitch offers no tools to help with this. Tracerts fail because they fail to respond to pings and they have no speedtest capabilities at all so we're just left on our own. I wish I knew what was wrong but I guess just know you're not alone.