Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone from CISP who still bother to read what I have to say.

The network doomed international access is creeping up yet again with international access dying every 5-10minutes for couple of seconds.

Seems like routing changed yet again going over slower international link with about 30-40ms ping increase.

Did something go down again ? Don't worry I don't expect an answer. :-)

I’m surprised you haven’t cancelled yet.
 
For anyone from CISP who still bother to read what I have to say.

The network doomed international access is creeping up yet again with international access dying every 5-10minutes for couple of seconds.

Seems like routing changed yet again going over slower international link with about 30-40ms ping increase.

Did something go down again ? Don't worry I don't expect an answer. :)

So, we have seen this with JannieR on Vumatel trenched, and it has been escalated.

What network, and what are your account details ? (Sorry but I cannot keep track of every single person from memory).

Please PM me your details, as well as the current IP you have.
 
I’m surprised you haven’t cancelled yet.

Ive not felt this absolute level of ghosting until yesterday. Ive put in my cancellation for end of the month but at the same time I am not actively looking or on a mission to leave them just want them to get back on the ball so if they can do that I would reverse my cancellation request.

I hope you were sarcastic because you should know how much of a supporter through thick and thin I have been of CISP even when issues were not cleared up immediately at least they responded at some point in the day to the queries directly.

So, we have seen this with JannieR on Vumatel trenched, and it has been escalated.

What network, and what are your account details ? (Sorry but I cannot keep track of every single person from memory).

Please PM me your details, as well as the current IP you have.

Ive pm'd you the static ip I am using, elsewhere earlier on yesterday I have also laid out the different routing that appears when using dhcp ip vs static ip that also makes no sense. Ive added the posts in pm.
 
Last edited:
My connection is dead again as of a few minutes ago. You must be f**king kidding me. I was busy working on stuff I'm pretty desperate to get done within the next few hours, and I need a working FTP connection on desktop to do it.

Rebooting the router isn't helping.

Edit: And it's back. Thank god. Hope it sticks now.
 
Last edited:
My line has been dead since last night (around 22:30), Upper Wynberg area. Was perfectly fine before that bar the international issues earlier in the evening.
 
My connection is dead again as of a few minutes ago. You must be f**king kidding me. I was busy working on stuff I'm pretty desperate to get done within the next few hours, and I need a working FTP connection on desktop to do it.

Rebooting the router isn't helping.

Edit: And it's back. Thank god. Hope it sticks now.
As posted earlier in the thread and on the network page they were upgrading switches at Teraco Rondebosch at 4am.
 
When wiil London routinglatency be fixed? Durban KZN

Tracing route to queen.cisp.co.za [62.233.65.195]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms dlinkrouter.Dlink [192.168.0.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 16 ms 17 ms 19 ms u14p-cust.coolideas.co.za [154.0.5.185]
4 15 ms 14 ms 15 ms u14u-cust.coolideas.co.za [154.0.5.190]
5 18 ms 17 ms 18 ms u11d-cust.coolideas.co.za [154.0.5.65]
6 15 ms 14 ms 14 ms u12a-cust.coolideas.co.za [154.0.5.98]
7 19 ms 17 ms 18 ms c3u-backbone.coolideas.co.za [154.0.1.138]
8 16 ms 18 ms 20 ms 197.96.214.112
9 185 ms 183 ms 203 ms core1b-dock-ten-0-4-3-0.ip.isnet.net [168.209.100.17]
10 188 ms 183 ms 184 ms be20.asr01.thn.as20860.net [195.66.224.207]
11 212 ms 238 ms 211 ms 130.180.204.33
12 218 ms 213 ms 212 ms 94.zone.4.r.dc9.redstation.co.uk [185.20.96.154]
13 186 ms 188 ms 190 ms queen.cisp.co.za [62.233.65.195]

Trace complete.
 
Ive not felt this absolute level of ghosting until yesterday. Ive put in my cancellation for end of the month but at the same time I am not actively looking or on a mission to leave them just want them to get back on the ball so if they can do that I would reverse my cancellation request.

I hope you were sarcastic because you should know how much of a supporter through thick and thin I have been of CISP even when issues were not cleared up immediately at least they responded at some point in the day to the queries directly.



Ive pm'd you the static ip I am using, elsewhere earlier on yesterday I have also laid out the different routing that appears when using dhcp ip vs static ip that also makes no sense. Ive added the posts in pm.
You are not being ignored, your query will be investigated it just depends on availability on our side which right now is limited. Today should be a bit calmer and give us some time.
 
Ive not felt this absolute level of ghosting until yesterday. Ive put in my cancellation for end of the month but at the same time I am not actively looking or on a mission to leave them just want them to get back on the ball so if they can do that I would reverse my cancellation request.

I hope you were sarcastic because you should know how much of a supporter through thick and thin I have been of CISP even when issues were not cleared up immediately at least they responded at some point in the day to the queries directly.



Ive pm'd you the static ip I am using, elsewhere earlier on yesterday I have also laid out the different routing that appears when using dhcp ip vs static ip that also makes no sense. Ive added the posts in pm.

No that wasn’t a joke, I was being serious. I’m not trying to offend or say anything bad here. I just notice how unhappy you are with the service/performance. It’s also more of a general statement. I see complaint after complaint after complaint and not just recently but I wonder how people don’t get fed up and just cancel. I mean if I was in that situation I would have left ages ago.
 
@PBCool / @TheRoDent I've had PPPoE disconnects for periods of 5-15 minutes 3 times where it says failed to authenticate and then comes back again (most recently this morning @ 3:50). MTN, Welgemoed.

I haven't had issues like this since joining CISP over a year ago. I've mentioned it in my ticket (COOL-20190326-24177) that I opened yesterday about bandwidth problems.

Anything you guys are aware of?
 
Admittedly I don't know much about the workings of Fibre, is my understanding correct that you should be able to connect to the CPE straight with a LAN cable and have internet (in other words bypassing the router)?

As per https://vumatel.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...t-down-and-how-can-I-fix-it-?mobile_site=true :

4. Unplug the Wi-Fi router from the first port in the CPE or ONT. Plug your computer in via a LAN/Ethernet/Cat5 cable into the first port on the CPE or ONT. Try to visit a website and use the internet while plugged directly into the CPE. If you can now use the internet, the issue may be with your Wi-Fi router. Please contact a trusted IT technician or your ISP for assistance with your Wi-Fi router.
 
Why are you calling their support line expecting high level assistance? Every ISP I have dealt with has had bare bones scripted support on the phone and their advanced guys on here.

Last time I had congestion issues on ADSL I managed to gather data and post it on this forum with the Telkom rep. Dude then gave me his personal number so I could call him and give him feedback.

Don't expect cisp to do the same but they do have 2 guys who are active here.

The problem I have with this mentality is this:
Yes, before I submitted the Ticket, I PM'd Paul. But clearly Cape Town was a cluster-@#$* yesterday, and I'm 100% sure my message paled into insignificance.
I load a ticket so that my query doesn't disappear.
My ticket wasn't responded to with-in ~23 HOURS
Next option is to phone to ask why? and I get treated like a fool.

@TheRoDent & @PBCool I appreciate what you guys do here, but I also completely understand you are not able to handle everything at once.
I've done ID10T level speedtest screenshots. MTRs, and I even showed the interfaces of my Mik, showing the PC plugged into the switch of the Mik. Everything is on the ticket. (with the IPERFs posted here)

I also believe that Vumatel are rank amateurs and do not deserve having an ECNS license.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zll
The problem I have with this mentality is this:
Yes, before I submitted the Ticket, I PM'd Paul. But clearly Cape Town was a cluster-@#$* yesterday, and I'm 100% sure my message paled into insignificance.
I load a ticket so that my query doesn't disappear.
My ticket wasn't responded to with-in ~23 HOURS
Next option is to phone to ask why? and I get treated like a fool.

@TheRoDent & @PBCool I appreciate what you guys do here, but I also completely understand you are not able to handle everything at once.
I've done ID10T level speedtest screenshots. MTRs, and I even showed the interfaces of my Mik, showing the PC plugged into the switch of the Mik. Everything is on the ticket. (with the IPERFs posted here)

I also believe that Vumatel are rank amateurs and do not deserve having an ECNS license.

I opened a ticket (COOL-20190123-206281 - @TheRoDent / @PBCool ) which was closed twice without an answer - which i subsequently gave up on - asking if they could at least give us a KB article with all the tests they require so that if I ever open a ticket I can give them all the noob tests without waiting for a reply asking me to do them. As mentioned it's painful opening a support ticket when they take around 8-24 hours to get a response and the responses are the first level "have you tried switching it off and on again" type.

At least the "Ticket Opened" auto-reply template should have this.
 
@PBCool / @TheRoDent I've had PPPoE disconnects for periods of 5-15 minutes 3 times where it says failed to authenticate and then comes back again (most recently this morning @ 3:50). MTN, Welgemoed.

I haven't had issues like this since joining CISP over a year ago. I've mentioned it in my ticket (COOL-20190326-24177) that I opened yesterday about bandwidth problems.

Anything you guys are aware of?
Nothing we are aware of but MTN doesn't send any network related issues to 3rd party ISPs.
 
I opened a ticket (COOL-20190123-206281 - @TheRoDent / @PBCool ) which was closed twice without an answer - which i subsequently gave up on - asking if they could at least give us a KB article with all the tests they require so that if I ever open a ticket I can give them all the noob tests without waiting for a reply asking me to do them. As mentioned it's painful opening a support ticket when they take around 8-24 hours to get a response and the responses are the first level "have you tried switching it off and on again" type.

At least the "Ticket Opened" auto-reply template should have this.
Unfortunately giving random troubleshooting steps in a KB can skew the support process as mentioned 90+% of the support issues that get logged are wireless related or line downs, we are implementing a new ticket system which manages escalations much better.
 
Admittedly I don't know much about the workings of Fibre, is my understanding correct that you should be able to connect to the CPE straight with a LAN cable and have internet (in other words bypassing the router)?

As per https://vumatel.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...t-down-and-how-can-I-fix-it-?mobile_site=true :
On vumatel trenched your first connected device gets mac locked to the service, so to plug in another device your ISP either needs to clear the lease or allocate you an additional IP.
 
There is a vlan issue on some Vumatel customers in Cape Town, should be resolved shortly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X