Cybersmart Infrastructure - Monopolization ?

Anthro

Expert Member
Story goes like this.
All owners have paid to get fibre to each flat.
There is fibre in the basement, and onto each floor (risers?)
On each floor, there is a 25metre strand of fibre hanging outise EVERY flat, for the past 3 months now.
When I call Cybersmart, they say there are still "wayleaves" to be signed this has been the same story for many many months now.
Telkom confirm there is fibre available already in the building - do I want to sign up ? (Answer is no btw, 24 month contracts are not my favourite thing)

Question: Can I ask someone else to finalize the install for my fibre and use their ISP, or do I have to wait til Cybersmart has finished ****ing around.

savage

Expert Member
They more than likely (by the sound of it) finished the reticulation inside the building and the fiber coils are now hanging there waiting to be terminated inside the units. What they are waiting for (by the sound of it) is for way leaves for the trenching to connect the building to their fiber network.

Thank CoCT. Slaapstad is unfortunately very, very slow with way leaves.

Anthro

Expert Member
They more than likely (by the sound of it) finished the reticulation inside the building and the fiber coils are now hanging there waiting to be terminated inside the units. What they are waiting for (by the sound of it) is for way leaves for the trenching to connect the building to their fiber network.

Thank CoCT. Slaapstad is unfortunately very, very slow with way leaves.

The fibre is already linked to the street level cables (OpenServe) from my understanding and communication with Telkom, im sure that this should be sufficient ?