data usage policy on RAIN

MavChat

which vpn is blocked?
I use PIA on all my devices.
===========================================================================
If you want to cry then go get Vodacom or MTN prepaid data, they are giving a service at their terms and also to stop people abusing it. If you really need to vpn go to another network that supports it. Simple reason why we can’t have nice things in South Africa as everyone tries to screw the system because they cool.
Usually it are those who have tried and failed to circumvent restrictions who make these comments, much like former smokers who act all high and mighty about current smokers.

You are talking rubbish. VPN is for privacy, both fixed and mobile. It's not to circumvent any restriction as there are no restrictions to circumvent. Usage is still being billed in the same way.
Exactly - I use it for privacy and security - I don't care for bypassing restrictions...

==========================================================================

To those who groans about mobile... Rain sells devices, including the B315 Huawei fixed LTE router (or did when I signed up, Not sure if they still do) for use with Rain Mobile SIMs. If they did not want people to use it why sell the device? Why not restrict it to certain devices as they do with their fixed wireless?

Last edited:

under_sky

I use PIA on all my devices.
===========================================================================

Usually it are those who have tried and failed to circumvent restrictions who make these comments, much like former smokers who act all high and mighty about current smokers.

Exactly - I use it for privacy and security - I don't care for bypassing restrictions...

==========================================================================

To those who groans about mobile... Rain sells devices, including the B315 Huawei fixed LTE router (or did when I signed up, Not sure if they still do) for use with Rain Mobile SIMs. If they did not want people to use it why sell the device? Why not restrict it to certain devices as they do with their fixed wireless?
iv got fibre so i dont need to worry about this and use the rain how its intended to be used in my mobile device "iPad'

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
You're confusing fixed LTE with mobile.

under_sky

This thread is called "
data usage policy on RAIN
"... and these policies are affecting the fixed data users like me.

I pay for 660Gigs a month.. It would be nice to be able to RDP over my VPN
Yes and there is no usage policy relating to Fixed LTE. This is being aimed at people who used the Mobile one at R50 per 1GB or R250 Unlimited. Specifically policies apply to unlimited things.

access

Executive Member
iv got fibre so i dont need to worry about this and use the rain how its intended to be used in my mobile device "iPad'
its intended to be unlimited data during off-peak, as it is description.

the mobile thing is the simcard, the "last mile" is mobile.

ah wait! apple.. speedster, backstreetboy? you guys use apple too?