Disappearing data

Chrisalex

I know this subject has been talked about many time but recently I have noticed my data disappearing when I'm connected to my homw wifi.
I have an iPhone with the background data off and no wifi assist on.
Called MTN to ask why this is happening and they tell me my background data is on...
It's always switched off so how is that possible?

marioat1

Expert Member
I know this subject has been talked about many time but recently I have noticed my data disappearing when I'm connected to my homw wifi.
I have an iPhone with the background data off and no wifi assist on.
Called MTN to ask why this is happening and they tell me my background data is on...
It's always switched off so how is that possible?
Apple doesn't know how to split wifi data and Mobile data, it'll use whichever is most stable when on charger

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
I always have Mobile Data switched off on my iPhone. Always !
When I am at home i have wifi
When i am at work i have wifi
When i commute it is by motorbike so couldnt be bothered about phone.
On a rare occasion somewhere i enable my Mobile Data for a brief moment to check emails etc and when done i switch Mobile Data off.

It is the safest way to go. I dont trust any mobile operator out there, they are all big and out to make money, even if it is sniffing a few cents here and there out of everyone.

I never have 'lost data'.

Chrisalex

Apple doesn't know how to split wifi data and Mobile data, it'll use whichever is most stable when on charger
I disagree. I have had 2 iPhones so far.This was a recent event and the first time my data just went missing.

Matt91

I've found that with iPhones you actually need to go into your settings application (the icon with the gears) and toggle off your bluetooth and/or data from there instead of relying on your quick toggles from the pull down menu - for Bluetooth it will only de-activate it for 24 hours from the time of your quick toggle change and i suspect the same thing occurs when disabling data from the quick toggle menu.