Discovery Vitality [2019]

Tag11

Is anyone else having problems with Vitality Active Rewards, or any points being awarded in general? Mine stopped counting/accruing about a week ago... I've logged a ticket with Discovery but they are so slow to respond!

So just me then :-(

Logged it with them 3 days ago, got a phone call yesterday to let me know they are looking into it and will escalate to the systems team - and I must now wait another 3-4 days!

When I try to load my points events on the app, it just says "Unable to load - an error occurred, please try again later".

This is painful.

binloud

Has anyone ever received a vitality move reward for shopping at PnP? How long is it valid for ?

Aharon

Honorary Master
HealthyFood card is being phased out for pnp and you will link your smart shopper card online. Interesting as it will stop people selectively using it but at the same time easier as one less think to carry and remember

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
My drive goal, says unable to goal overview, this happened after my insure app started working correctly lol

RuanHolsthauzen

Good day

My girlfriend and I moved to Discovery medical aid this month. We will be covered from the 1st of Dec. We are looking at discovery vitality.

So I know you get 75% off of your VA gym fees, can someone please tell me how to get the other 25%. What the the goals that need to be achieved in order to do this?

And how much would we get off when we want to get the premier membership where we can go to any club.

Thank you

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Good day

My girlfriend and I moved to Discovery medical aid this month. We will be covered from the 1st of Dec. We are looking at discovery vitality.

So I know you get 75% off of your VA gym fees, can someone please tell me how to get the other 25%. What the the goals that need to be achieved in order to do this?

And how much would we get off when we want to get the premier membership where we can go to any club.

Thank you
You need join the bank to get the additional 25% off.

They use to offer gym booster, so if you reach your fitness goal you get that 25% discount. But I don't think you can sign up for this anymore.

RuanHolsthauzen

You need join the bank to get the additional 25% off.

They use to offer gym booster, so if you reach your fitness goal you get that 25% discount. But I don't think you can sign up for this anymore.

Well thank you, I mean, I've got a FNB Cheque account, which I pay R105/pm. Would it be worth getting the basic suite, the Discovery gold?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Well thank you, I mean, I've got a FNB Cheque account, which I pay R105/pm. Would it be worth getting the basic suite, the Discovery gold?
I would not bother with it atm, first get everything sorted with gym and , link your pnp shopper and dischem.

Also do your health check and your vitalty age, to get max discount from the start almost.

RuanHolsthauzen

I would not bother with it atm, first get everything sorted with gym and , link your pnp shopper and dischem.

Also do your health check and your vitalty age, to get max discount from the start almost.

Should I do all of this before changing my contract at VA

RuanHolsthauzen

No you can do this anytime . Gym you do asap, as it will save you quite a bit of money.

Thank you @Gtx Gaming

We joined recently, but we are on the 440pm (any club) because we are younger than 22. My girlfriend is turning 22 next year so her membership would then be 540pm. I guess this would be until I am 22 which is in 2021.

But we want vitality because of the benefits, the Kauai, coffees, clicks and all those other stuff.

Do you know how much the membership would be if we get the premier membership. Would it then be 60% off or still 75?

ies87

Thank you @Gtx Gaming

We joined recently, but we are on the 440pm (any club) because we are younger than 22. My girlfriend is turning 22 next year so her membership would then be 540pm. I guess this would be until I am 22 which is in 2021.

But we want vitality because of the benefits, the Kauai, coffees, clicks and all those other stuff.

Do you know how much the membership would be if we get the premier membership. Would it then be 60% off or still 75?

Just FYI, you need to have diamond vitality money status and spend more that R12,5k per month to qualify for the full 25% back.

Premier you get 60% through vitality and an additional 15% though bank, but only if you have a black suite.

RuanHolsthauzen

Thank you @ies87

I am a bit confused now.. Do you gym at VA?

I have a friend that recently reached his 100%, he does not bank with Discovery.

Is it super difficult to maintain diamond status?

ies87

Thank you @ies87

I have a friend that recently reached his 100%, he does not bank with Discovery.

I do. Gym booster used to be more straightforward. Vitality gave you 75% discount and you could get the remaining 25% back by achieving your active rewards goal every week. That’s no longer the case with bank... Much more complicated for new members. Members on the legacy gym booster benefit still get the 25% back (your friend being one of them). But from 2020 the 25% back will be paid as miles instead of cash for them.

Vitality members who joined VA before 2010 get 100% by default without gym booster.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Thank you @ies87

100% is a combo of the old booster and a single gym membership, multi gym does not offer the 100%.

They have replaced said booster with the bank so these days you can only get the extra 25% through banking but it's still tied to vitality status not bank vitality status.

ies87

Thank you @ies87

Diamond vitality money status really depends on your profile. You’re quite young so it may not be easy. You need to have quite a bit in savings, have insurance etc.