Discovery Vitality [2019]

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I do. Gym booster used to be more straightforward. Vitality gave you 75% discount and you could get the remaining 25% back by achieving your active rewards goal every week. That’s no longer the case with bank... Much more complicated for new members. Members on the legacy gym booster benefit still get the 25% back (your friend being one of them). But from 2020 the 25% back will be paid as miles instead of cash for them.

Vitality members who joined VA before 2010 get 100% by default without gym booster.
You get it in cash if you join the bank, at which point said cash will be paid into vitality savings.

ies87

100% is a combo of the old booster and a single gym membership, multi gym does not offer the 100%.

They have replaced said booster with the bank so these days you can only get the extra 25% through banking but it's still tied to vitality status not bank vitality status.

Gym booster is a bank benefit now and therefore tied to vitality money status.

ies87

You get it in cash if you join the bank, at which point said cash will be paid into vitality savings.
I was referring to members on the legacy gym booster. The ones who haven’t joined bank. From next year, they will no longer receive cash back but miles instead.

RuanHolsthauzen

Diamond vitality money status really depends on your profile. You’re quite young so it may not be easy. You need to have quite a bit in savings, have insurance etc.

Ok great, let me get this straight.

Single gym membership:
75% off, the rest depends on if you bank with discovery and the money you spend.

Multi-gym membership:
60% off, the rest (15%) depends on what I said above?

Thank you for all the help

ies87

Ok great, let me get this straight.

Single gym membership:
75% off, the rest depends on if you bank with discovery and the money you spend.

Multi-gym membership:
60% off, the rest (15%) depends on what I said above?

Thank you for all the help

Correct. Multi-gym only on black though. You need to earn more than R80k pm to qualify for black.

ies87

Thanks do you have one just for just having a platinum credit card and the free vitality savings account? Or a link

Attachments

• disc-bank-money-spend-gold-one-pager.pdf
    384.8 KB · Views: 19
  • disc-bank-money-spend-platinum-one-pager.pdf
    390.6 KB · Views: 14
  • disc-bank-money-spend-black-one-pager.pdf
    415.5 KB · Views: 16
  • disc-bank-money-spend-purple-one-pager.pdf
    415.8 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: twr

ies87

@ies87

Would joining in December be possible to use the legacy gym booster? As its not 2020 yet...

That I don’t know... Maybe call vitality and ask? It’s possible I guess, if you haven’t yet joined bank. But I see no mention of the old gym booster on their site anymore.

twr

Expert Member
Thanks for that,

So I'm not a huge spender on my cc only account maybe I send roughly R4000 P/m .I'm currently on platinum so the cash backs only start if I spend more than R5000 ,yet on Gold it's from R2500 ,then why should I stay on platinum cc only other than more dMiles earn rate?

ies87

Thanks for that,

So I'm not a huge spender on my cc only account maybe I send roughly R4000 P/m .I'm currently on platinum so the cash backs only start if I spend more than R5000 ,yet on Gold it's from R2500 ,then why should I stay on platinum cc only other than more dMiles earn rate?
Only other reason I can think of is the iPhone benefit.

TheJman

Expert Member
Thanks for that,

That's what I picked up as well.. the spend band on Gold on the lower side gets you discounts, but then on platinum and black, you get 0% in those bands... weird

twr

Expert Member
That's what I picked up as well.. the spend band on Gold on the lower side gets you discounts, but then on platinum and black, you get 0% in those bands... weird
Yip and I'm.not keen on the iPhone benefit.
I used to have a gold cc ,but when I went to the new one with my salary it automatically gave me a platinum,I don't remember seeing the option to get Gold. Hopefully I can downgrade

HamsterMaster

Anyone notice that you can't redeem Uber vouchers anymore using Vitality Rewards Points? Used to be for 100 points :rolleyes: