Discovery Vitality [2019]

Aharon

Executive Member
To make sure it's linked and syncing though -
Check on the discovery app that Huawei is listed
Check on the Huawei health app that your workout shows as a workout with heart rate

Must be honest, I got a colourband a2 months ago as discovery assured me it was supported. Got step points but heart rate pointa never synced ever. I had to send through screenshot.

Now I se eit may not be supported.

amabacha

To make sure it's linked and syncing though -
Check on the discovery app that Huawei is listed
Check on the Huawei health app that your workout shows as a workout with heart rate

Must be honest, I got a colourband a2 months ago as discovery assured me it was supported. Got step points but heart rate pointa never synced ever. I had to send through screenshot.

Now I se eit may not be supported.
I’m fighting a similar fight...

When Huawei came on board as a Vitality partner I sent an email to Discovery to check their list of devices supported. They informed me that they didn’t have a list but that any device that was compatible with the Huawei health app and could track steps, heart rate etc would be acceptable.

Based on that info I bought 2 Huawei Color Band A2s for family members.

Now they say the A2 is not a supported device.

fruitbat

So I understand we get healthy food points frequently in a trickle in type effect.
The last time I got anything was on the 12th of May. I wonder if it’s broken again? Both myself or wife have been to pnp and ww a number of times since then.

Recallza

So I understand we get healthy food points frequently in a trickle in type effect.
The last time I got anything was on the 12th of May. I wonder if it’s broken again? Both myself or wife have been to pnp and ww a number of times since then.
They're having a whole bunch of issues, go onto there website, and under the help section they have them all listed..

Jchan11hk

Your blood pressure was also out of range by 1.
He got 3 results in range and 2 not in range, which according to this chart should be 10000 points:

View attachment 660822
It's silly but yeah I think that's how it works.

@Jchan11hk My test results were similar to yours, in my case my systolic & diastolic results for BP were elevated, as was my cholesterol. The points I received were identical (2500+7500). They also made a mistake initially by indicating I am a smoker which I am not.

View attachment 661106

I plan on retaking the tests once I improve my exercise regime in terms of consistently gyming 2 to 3 times per week as well as reigning in my diet by cutting out some of the bad stuff.
Ya, Discovery called me as well, so it is 2500 +7500 = 10000, I was a bit disappointed. I thought I did well, and the blood pressure missed by 1.....
Discovery said only one health care check will be covered by them per year. So if we only extra, the client needs to pay for it.

I do run once a week and I do get the 900 points a week, so I think I will make it to diamond again this year. By Oct, if I dont get enough points, then I will go do the fitness test.

Aharon

Executive Member
I’m fighting a similar fight...

When Huawei came on board as a Vitality partner I sent an email to Discovery to check their list of devices supported. They informed me that they didn’t have a list but that any device that was compatible with the Huawei health app and could track steps, heart rate etc would be acceptable.

Based on that info I bought 2 Huawei Color Band A2s for family members.

Now they say the A2 is not a supported device.
Wow! So pleased it's not just me. Doesn't make it better though. Indeed I phoned, was told they had a list ad I explained to them heart rate was not syncing and they told me it's on the list.

What are you doing. I also bought two. One for me and one as a gift, specifically to help that person reach goals.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Ya, Discovery called me as well, so it is 2500 +7500 = 10000, I was a bit disappointed. I thought I did well, and the blood pressure missed by 1.....
Discovery said only one health care check will be covered by them per year. So if we only extra, the client needs to pay for it.

I do run once a week and I do get the 900 points a week, so I think I will make it to diamond again this year. By Oct, if I dont get enough points, then I will go do the fitness test.
From what Dischem told me, they only charge R10 to take the blood pressure reading again. About R70 for cholesterol test. So it's really worthwhile trying to improve diet and retaking the tests once you've made some lifestyle changes. R80 is quite reasonable to pay our your own pocket, then get them to resubmit to Discovery.

Aharon

Executive Member
From what Dischem told me, they only charge R10 to take the blood pressure reading again. About R70 for cholesterol test. So it's really worthwhile trying to improve diet and retaking the tests once you've made some lifestyle changes. R80 is quite reasonable to pay our your own pocket, then get them to resubmit to Discovery.
Are you allowed to resubmit though

amabacha

Wow! So pleased it's not just me. Doesn't make it better though. Indeed I phoned, was told they had a list ad I explained to them heart rate was not syncing and they told me it's on the list.

What are you doing. I also bought two. One for me and one as a gift, specifically to help that person reach goals.
Discovery asked me to send them details on date of purchase and where I bought the A2s. I sent them screenshots of my takealot orders. All I've heard back since is they've "sent the details onto management" and would contact me once they've received feedback.

Aharon

Executive Member
Discovery asked me to send them details on date of purchase and where I bought the A2s. I sent them screenshots of my takealot orders. All I've heard back since is they've "sent the details onto management" and would contact me once they've received feedback.
Thanks, I'll do the same. Did you use a generic email address or can you share on pm?

Jchan11hk

Okay, that is cheap enough, I thought one have to pay that R440.00 for a re-test. R10 seems reasonable for a blood pressure test.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Okay, that is cheap enough, I thought one have to pay that R440.00 for a re-test. R10 seems reasonable for a blood pressure test.
As far as I understand it you can pick and choose what you want to re-test for. I had heard that they want to not allow re-tests within a certain period of time but I'm not sure if that is factually correct or whether it's hearsay.

radicool

FYI, the blood pressure test has become a big scam that Vitality is using to avoid giving points.

The internationally accepted standard for blood pressure is 120/80, and has been this way forever. Anything from 140/90 is unhealthy. Therefore the cut-off was always 130/85

Now, a study (probably sponsored by a blood pressure medication company) decided that anybody with a value of 80 for diastolic (the bottom number) is also unhealthy. Basically they found a way to add tens of millions of new patients, by just lowering the threshold.

Vitality has latched onto this, and last year they quietly changed their acceptable range of blood pressure so that your diastolic must now be below 80. So 120/79 is fine. But 120/80 is a fail, and your pressure is out of range, and you lose the points.

The problem is 120/80 is such an internationally recognized standard, that your nurse will write 120/80, even if you have 120/79, because in their mind, it's the same thing.

So demand that your nurse captures a healthy blood pressure as 120/79. And if you have 120/80 and Vitality stole your points, complain to them. When I fought with Vitality about it, they "made an exception" and gave me the points.

vancity33

FYI, the blood pressure test has become a big scam that Vitality is using to avoid giving points.

The internationally accepted standard for blood pressure is 120/80, and has been this way forever. Anything from 140/90 is unhealthy. Therefore the cut-off was always 130/85

Now, a study (probably sponsored by a blood pressure medication company) decided that anybody with a value of 80 for diastolic (the bottom number) is also unhealthy. Basically they found a way to add tens of millions of new patients, by just lowering the threshold.

Vitality has latched onto this, and last year they quietly changed their acceptable range of blood pressure so that your diastolic must now be below 80. So 120/79 is fine. But 120/80 is a fail, and your pressure is out of range, and you lose the points.

The problem is 120/80 is such an internationally recognized standard, that your nurse will write 120/80, even if you have 120/79, because in their mind, it's the same thing.

So demand that your nurse captures a healthy blood pressure as 120/79. And if you have 120/80 and Vitality stole your points, complain to them. When I fought with Vitality about it, they "made an exception" and gave me the points.
Eh, too much effort :/