Discovery Vitality [2019]

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Already got my money back from Discovery with regards to the Healthy Gear cashback. Only bought watch around 2 weeks ago so rather impressed given some people experienced problems or long waiting times.

diapason

Expert Member
My Healthy Food cash back (PnP) has finally come through. Looks like 2 months worth.

My previous refund was 18 May.

fruitbat

Expert Member
This is funny. My run yesterday is on garmin (and it was way longer than 10k steps). And on vitality I only see the 100pts from the steps. No sign yet of the run. Must be another balls up in the system.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
This is funny. My run yesterday is on garmin (and it was way longer than 10k steps). And on vitality I only see the 100pts from the steps. No sign yet of the run. Must be another balls up in the system.
Yes, but a run is anywhere from 100 to 300pts, all your saying is you got 100pts,you went for a run and did 10k steps. Did this run exceed 30 or 60 minutes and dis this run also meet the minimum hr requirements.

I can go out for a 10k run which is about 12k steps and exceed an hour doing so and still only get 100pts if I run it chilled and don't meet thw hr requirements. ****, I've gone out for a 3hr/40km cycle and done that already, ended with 130bpm, missing 300pts by 1 bpm.

So is it really a balls up in the system or has your fitness level exceeded the art of simply running and earning max points?

fruitbat

Expert Member
Yes, but a run is anywhere from 100 to 300pts, all your saying is you got 100pts,you went for a run and did 10k steps. Did this run exceed 30 or 60 minutes and dis this run also meet the minimum hr requirements.

I can go out for a 10k run which is about 12k steps and exceed an hour doing so and still only get 100pts if I run it chilled and don't meet thw hr requirements. ****, I've gone out for a 3hr/40km cycle and done that already, ended with 130bpm, missing 300pts by 1 bpm.

So is it really a balls up in the system or has your fitness level exceeded the art of simply running and earning max points?
Yes it was a “300 pointer” 3hr02min 30km. Hence it being funny

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Yes it was a “300 pointer” 3hr02min 30km. Hence it being funny
I suppose it kind of messes with your stats, but if it were me I would end the workout after 1 hour or 30 minutes depending on what your HR average was and what you were aiming for.

I've had where the Polar Beat app glitched out and I got zero points because the workout data was incomplete. Upon asking Vitality for the points though they have obliged as they could see that the incomplete workouts in question were genuine. You could probably do the same for your 3 hour run if you can prove the HR average.

fruitbat

Expert Member
I suppose it kind of messes with your stats, but if it were me I would end the workout after 1 hour or 30 minutes depending on what your HR average was and what you were aiming for.

I've had where the Polar Beat app glitched out and I got zero points because the workout data was incomplete. Upon asking Vitality for the points though they have obliged as they could see that the incomplete workouts in question were genuine. You could probably do the same for your 3 hour run if you can prove the HR average.
Never had this problem before, doesn't make sense to me. Runs of shorter distance, lower avg HR, lower speed and shorter times made it through to the 300pts.

This particular run was:
Average HR was 165
Average speed was 6:09
Total time: 3:05

And no im not going to cut my runs into seperate pieces, i use strava for tracking everything. Mixing this up would mess up my stats :)

Tinuva

The Magician
Never had this problem before, doesn't make sense to me. Runs of shorter distance, lower avg HR, lower speed and shorter times made it through to the 300pts.

This particular run was:
Average HR was 165
Average speed was 6:09
Total time: 3:05

And no im not going to cut my runs into seperate pieces, i use strava for tracking everything. Mixing this up would mess up my stats :)
Something I notice just now on the website. As soon as I select a workout time of more than 90minutes on the calculator, it asks me if I have signed up for the Endurance and High Performance category. I suspect you need to if you want the extra points. But yeah otherwise 165 should get you to 80%+

fruitbat

Expert Member
Something I notice just now on the website. As soon as I select a workout time of more than 90minutes on the calculator, it asks me if I have signed up for the Endurance and High Performance category. I suspect you need to if you want the extra points. But yeah otherwise 165 should get you to 80%+
F that. im not upgrading to an endurance athlete

Perrie

I am having the same issue with my garmin, although I am on the treadmill atm its not syncing the activity. My steps and pool swims are showing 100% which is weird..

Gamer

Expert Member
Am I correct in saying that you start the new year on the same Vitality status (Silver, Gold etc) that you ended the previous year on, but you always start the new year with zero points again?

Perrie

Am I correct in saying that you start the new year on the same Vitality status (Silver, Gold etc) that you ended the previous year on, but you always start the new year with zero points again?
correct

fruitbat

Expert Member
I am having the same issue with my garmin, although I am on the treadmill atm its not syncing the activity. My steps and pool swims are showing 100% which is weird..
My 30odd minutes yesterday came through as 300pts. Yet the weekend run didn’t. I guess I’m doing something wrong somehow. And I guess I should question it with them.