Discovery Vitality [2019]

t_girl

I've also been consistently getting my HealthyFood on time...is it maybe retailer specific? I only use the HealthyFood benefit for Woolies.

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
I did get 4 diamonds in the early days with bonus plays, I eventually needed to redeem one so I redeemed all, I opted for R2000 Sunglass Hut voucher, other options was a R2000 iStore. I still have the voucher as I don't really wear sunnies, and I anyway have a decent pair for when I do. I certainly would never have bought any overpriced item from the iStore. Either voucher was not so exciting for me but I won't say no to free stuff.
Same situation as you. I also got four diamonds last year and then only options were sunglass and istore. I used my 2k voucher to buy work stuff and got reimbursed in cash. :)

twr

What feedback are you getting.

My latest after sharing 2 slips from pnp is its referred to finance
Saying this I just got some.money back I know it's fitness device booster, and some other vitaly amount,it both went I to my new vitality money bank ACC with disc bank, I know that any cash banks have been transferred to now deposit into the vitality money account, but I think healthy care still goes to my dischem card

t_girl

Ah, that sucks.

Fortunately I only had one when it expired.

I got a call today. They must noticed that the back and forth emails were not working. The agent assured me she's looking into the issue and will get back to me before end of day...we'll see...
Finally got my extra play for expired diamond.

2x 25 this week.

amabacha

Col'Cacchio R100 reward available at the moment for 100 points. First time Ive noticed this.

Its been ages since Ive seen PnP rewards...

nikhilp91

Tom Tom watch owners, anyone else still collecting points?
The email said as of 10 July Tom Tom watches would no longer be compatible, but on Sat and Sun (13th and 14th) i got points for my HR workouts. Anyone know what's happening with this? I was mere moments away from purchasing a new watch on Sunday until i saw i collected points for my Sat workout.

twr

Tom Tom watch owners, anyone else still collecting points?
The email said as of 10 July Tom Tom watches would no longer be compatible, but on Sat and Sun (13th and 14th) i got points for my HR workouts. Anyone know what's happening with this? I was mere moments away from purchasing a new watch on Sunday until i saw i collected points for my Sat workout.
Cheepers. Last week I turfed my TomTom and bought a Huawei

amabacha

How is the Garmin compared to the TomTom?
I went with the Garmin 45 (R3999 at Sportsmans Warehouse) to replace TomTom Runner 3. I was looking for:
- Lower price range
- Well known brand name in wearable fitness tracking
- wrist HR + GPS "running watch" not a "smart" watch ie Huawei GT
- Ideally within the R4000 device booster threshold
- Established track record with Discovery integration so no delay/issues with banking 300 points after every run

Here is a useful side by side comparison tool > https://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-comparison-calculator?type=watch&ids=98315,66324#results

Mr.Ree

Hi guys, sorry to trouble.. I see there is a lot of reading to be done as I finally signed up with discovery vitality.. it’s myself, my wife and our 4 kids.. 3 over 18 and 1 under 10.

We’ve all done our online assessments, I look forward to making the most of vitality, what else should we do to increase our points?

amabacha

Hi guys, sorry to trouble.. I see there is a lot of reading to be done as I finally signed up with discovery vitality.. it’s myself, my wife and our 4 kids.. 3 over 18 and 1 under 10.

We’ve all done our online assessments, I look forward to making the most of vitality, what else should we do to increase our points?
I'd suggest starting here > https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/calculator

amabacha

Wow! Thanks! Didn’t know about this, you’ve been of great help! Has anyone gone for this health and fitness assessments? I’ve booked for sometime in August.. unfortunately I am a smoker.. and don’t see myself quitting by next month.. how much points do I lose out on for being a smoker?
Check out https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/vitality-health-check for what points you can expect based on the number of in-range results you get and smoking (which I think is probably a high-risk result)

TheAssister

Hi, might be a stupid question how do I claim a device booster what does it do?,
I'm new to vitality and a little confused

Last edited:

jamacouve

lws

My fitbit app is not syncing to my discovery app. Any fix for that?
Discovery acknowledges there's a problem with syncing with Fitbit. At present, I can't even de-link my device to attempt a re-link again. I then managed to delete the permissions to Discovery from Fitbit but Discovery hasn't figured this out yet.