Discovery Vitality [2019]

Aharon

Executive Member
Ok here's a question...

So dischem. Is my healthycare preferred provider.

In the past when I'd buy otc meds they would just give them to me and on the till slip it would show the item with the VIT indicator.

Now with the regulation of recording all otc dispensed meds they are insisting on capturing at the otc counter, wrapping in a bag with a dispensary bar code. They do swipe the card to get my details.

When I get to the till, they scan the sticker only and the slip shows RX xxx and no VIT as the till doesn't know what's in the bag.

They claim it is somehow still getting submitted to discovery vitality even though it's cash transactions and I'm doubtful. Anyone know or have proof that it works.

vancity33

I'm struggling with that now. My 80% is 137, and I really have to push myself to get there, and that's not fun at all. So now I do my weekly Parkrun, and then I have to do three other runs at 70% of max HR, since HR of 120 is easier to keep to.
/sigh my 80% is 157. Although often my average comes to 156 and I still get the 300 points. What sucks is that fitbit only tells you the average after you terminate the exercise. It would be great if it gave you a live average of your hr throughout the exercise.

milan188

/sigh my 80% is 157. Although often my average comes to 156 and I still get the 300 points. What sucks is that fitbit only tells you the average after you terminate the exercise. It would be great if it gave you a live average of your hr throughout the exercise.
The Samsung Health app does this

Yeah I wish it were the same with the apple watch. Just so that one is sure you are hitting your target heart range

Gamer

Expert Member
I've set one of my garmin "during activity" data screens to reflect this - current HR and time in HR Z5. Obviously my heart rate zones are setup according to discovery requirements.
Very helpful.

Luben

Have you won anything decent besides the normal stuff that everyone gets.
Nothing at all. I do take advantage of everything Vitality has to offer as long as I was going to do it anyway. I will not sign up for stuff where Discovery will make be jump through hoops.

Aharon

Executive Member
I've set one of my garmin "during activity" data screens to reflect this - current HR and time in HR Z5. Obviously my heart rate zones are setup according to discovery requirements.
Very helpful.
You should be able to add a field for average heart rate - even better.

V1rus

Hey everyone. I don't wear a watch, but need one to keep tracking my HR. What is the cheapest HR watch I can possibly buy which will work with Vitality? I'm on Android and usually go the the gym about 5 times per week for what its worth.

Jladan

Hey guys, keep an eye on your points, my week 1 took forever to calculate and they missed my Friday steps and my training session on the Thursday, so I'm 350 points short of what I should have gotten. I also just missed my diamond last year so I'm now wondering how often this happened which cost me my status.

Oh and the log a query functionality on their website is broken, you can't select topics so the submission API breaks...

Not a good start to the year...

DuckKnuckle

Hey guys, keep an eye on your points, my week 1 took forever to calculate and they missed my Friday steps and my training session on the Thursday, so I'm 350 points short of what I should have gotten. I also just missed my diamond last year so I'm now wondering how often this happened which cost me my status.

Oh and the log a query functionality on their website is broken, you can't select topics so the submission API breaks...

Not a good start to the year...
I was able to log my query now. Same issue. Last week Saturday - Monday haven’t been calculated, meaning I missed my goal and didn’t get a board play today.

milan188

Hey everyone. I don't wear a watch, but need one to keep tracking my HR. What is the cheapest HR watch I can possibly buy which will work with Vitality? I'm on Android and usually go the the gym about 5 times per week for what its worth.
What phone do you have specifically?